Sakhi Shah would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://inmybookshelves.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 25

Review my book review blog?

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Hi, 

I'm a pretty new blogger, but this is a topic I'm really passionate about. I love to read and I love to write, and 'in my bookshelves' combines both of these. I would love to hear your thoughts on the blog, be it the design, the content of the posts, or the general style in which I write. 

Thank you. 

1-20
21-26
Replies 1 to 20 of 26
Sujith
Sujith
from Kerala
13 years ago

Good theme and contents too.. Keep it up.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Thank you Sujith, I really appreciate your comment. :)

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I would really appreciate some more reviews. :)

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Still looking for more reviews.

Pavan Kulkarni
Pavan Kulkarni
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hey Sakhi,

Awesome blog. Frankly, I was kinda put-off to see Agatha Christie on the front page (no offence to her :)) But going thru the archives found some really cool reviews. I checked if there r any reviews of books /I/ have read. Sadly, there was none :D. Keep updating the blog :)

Which book r u reviewing next?

Hi Sakhi,

Great content and a very apt theme. I liked the review for the twilight series, I agree with you on that. Keep Blogging... Good Luck :)

Apart from books you are free to review my blog, too :)

Thanks

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

@Pavan:

Thank you for reviewing my blog. It was really nice of you. :) Umm...I'm not the biggest fan of Agatha Christie either, but I really liked this book. Also, I read some very crazy books so sometimes its hard to find reviews of latest books on my blog - though you might have read Jefferey Archer's latest?

Next I will probably review Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr which I read recently, Arranged Marriage by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni which I'm reading and House of Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne which I have been trying to finish since ever. I might also be reading two states soon. If you have a suggestion for some book you liked which I might review (provided I've read it too) that would be really cool. I read a lot, try me. :D 

@ Anuj:

Thanks so much for going over the blog. And twilight had been my pet-peeve since EVER. I'm glad to find someone who agrees with me on that one.

And I will go check out your blog right now.

Thank you both of you! I really appreciate your comments.

Also, of course, more comments are always, always welcome.

Pavan Kulkarni
Pavan Kulkarni
from Bangalore
13 years ago

My god, you do read a lot! No second thoughts abt it :D. haven't read Jeffrey Archer's latest. There r so much backlog anyway, I dont concentrate on new books much. Also I can't read n finish books as fast as u do :D .

Ok lemme see, I've read these books in last few months - The Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid Suns, Wuthering Heights (All 3 great), Much Ado abt nothing (loved the Shakespearan language but lil slow), left Hitchhikers galaxy midway :D, now reading Picadilly Jim by P.G Wodehouse & Krishna - The God who lived as man (dunno if u heard abt it). So there you go :)

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Wow, that's quite a list.

I've read Kite Runner, and Wuthering Heights, both of which I think are brilliant but I read both so long ago that I don't remember enough of them to write a proper review. Loved Much Ado about Nothing, Shakespeare is king, even though I'd probably write a review of Julius Caesar before that one simply because I enjoyed it the most and have done it in the most detail, I haven't read Hitchhiker's...I remember starting it once long coz my parents loved it but no progress on it yet...and I love P.G. Wodehouse...not sure I've read Picadilly Jim though...And no, I haven't read Krishna.

I shall send you an indi-mail or something if I end up writing a review on any of these. :)

Pavan Kulkarni
Pavan Kulkarni
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hmm ya, I am kinda catching up on old books now :). Sending Indimail not required I guess. I have subscribed to your blog thro mail :). BTW have you read 'His Dark Materials' too? Mostly u have :D . Nice trilogy, if you haven't

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

eh.. book review is so different from blog reviews!

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Thanks for suscribing, Pavan. I've read the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy and I really enjoyed it (especially the parts with Lyra and Will in it, the other parts with the Professor and the bicycle-wheeled animals...not so much.)

Mohan, I know book reviews are different from blog reviews. Doesn't mean a blog about book reviews shouldn't get reviewed though. Don't know what you meant by the comment at all, unless you somehow misread the title of my blog.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

More reviews would be welcome. :D

KARTHIK
KARTHIK
from CHENNAI
13 years ago

really loved the way you have designed your blog. it just looks great.. how do you do that?Smile

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Hi Karthik..

You're on blogger, right? So go on the 'design your blog' link above the blog (you'll have to sign in) and select one of the new templates...and you can change the background and all through exploration of that menu.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Hi, Piyush, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely add a link like that to my blog, didn't think many people actually used that. :)

Thank you so much for reading my blog, and I'm really glad you liked it. :D Your compliments honestly made my day.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

Hi Upasana,

These threads are specifically for commenting on the blogs as a whole, so it is quite alright to post, but thanks a lot for your visiting my blog and commenting. I'm most grateful. :)

liked your reviews very much but there were none about the books i've read like ayn rand's , kiran desai and dan brown anyways keep up.

Sakhi Shah
Sakhi Shah
from Vadodara
13 years ago

I've read all three of the authors you mentioned above, so keep an eye on the blog because I might just review one of them. Though at the moment since I'm reading quite a lot of books, quite fast, I concentrate on reviewing the latest book I've read. However, in lag periods I am definitely going to review some of the old books I've read. :)

Anyway, thank you very much. :D

Restless Souldier
Restless Souldier
from Delhi
13 years ago

Hi Sakhi,

Nice blog.

-> You could consider changing the colour of the heading to something more contrasting - your overall theme is light coloured - could do with a bit more colour.

-> What's with the blank squares next to the cover shots of the books? They are irritating and distracting - can't we get rid of them?

Lovely idea for a blog.

Keep it up and while you are at it, please review my blog http://restlesssouldier.blogspot.com

1-20
21-26