Hayaah would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://hayaah-thevoicethatlearnttospeak.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 33

Please review my writing style, posts, and blog in general.

Hayaah
Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

I'm comparitively new, get pushed by friends to share my writing with more vigour, but I feel I have no readership despite having begun to put it all out on a blog. Any pointers are welcome. I dunno whether my blog is what readers would read, or not. Anything, everthing in words of advice is welcome.

Thanx :)

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Hey Hayaah, you have got a really nice writing style. I liked the 'Panic Attack' very much. For improvements, I must say that your template seems too heavy for your blog so the videos and widgets seem to drag making it clumsy. I would recommend you to choose some lighter template. Would like your reviews for my blog, too. I am a newbie so I am not expecting an applause but a few words for improvement would be fine. Thanks :)
Hayaah
Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

Thanks much, Anuj. I'll swing over ASAP and get back to you on yours...

Regarding the seemeth too heavy and drag bit... how exactly do you mean? Is that perhaps something that is happening with a slower internet server, or is my IT challenged mind not getting your implication precisely and heavy and drag here mean something entirely different? Surprised [meh this open mouthed emoticon is a wee exagerrated but oh well].

Again, lighter template = ?

I ponder deeper in to the template Q's, because I had a rather docile looking one from the earlier blog spot option, and only recently updated it to these newer look pages [and to be quite honest- am simply LOVING the look of it Embarassed]

Thanx again.

Shall get back to you about yours in a bit.

Sorry for the being technical (couldn't stop the programmer in me to analyse the technical aspects). By heavy, I meant that when I scroll in your blog, it looks as if the widgets and videos don't want to move along with the content, sticking there for sometime and then coming to there right place leaving a trail.

No denying of the fact that these newer look pages are infact beautiful but may not appeal to some who want to have a quick look. I hope you can find even cuter templates from other sites.

:)

Anuj

Hayaah
Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

Right... I see what you mean now. It also has to do with the number of posts on that one page. I've set it to 10. The thing is, I have this OCD like thing about things being a certain way. Because of the side bar being long... I must have posts on the other side of the side bar, at a parallel of sorts, else it just feels wrong. If I decrease or increase the post to exactly fall side by side, then the # of posts kind of make me iffy about something not being right, so my OCD takes over again... its an obsessive wierd thing, that most might just have to excuse me for (bear with me if the read is worth it -*insert angelic face here*-)

Also, that trail thing really isnt happening on my side. It is a bit tiresome scrolling down, but that's about it Surprised

Oh well,

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanx Smile

Shwetal Rai
Shwetal Rai
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi... liked your blog... :) Would have to say though that the background image takes a while to load and its kind of dark... but I guess it suits what you are saying so... :)

Do take a look at my blog and lemme know what you think about it: http://raispace.blogspot.com

Smile n shine and keep blogging!!! 

Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

Thanx very much shwetal, for the review here and the comment on another post on the blog itself. Ive had a bit of a preoccupied day and havent been able to get back on all comments everywhere. I will get back to the one on the blog ASAP, but until I do... Ill get around to this reply Smile

Regarding the dark quality... u just answered that yourself ... he he

And about the taking a while to load bit... I used to put down only links earlier but because of some setting issue, the link takes over the blog page and normally, most of my posts that HAVE a pic or video attached, are so because the write up is either FOR the pic, or is because of that song in the video... thats why its there, so my posts are in sync with that stuff and would be incomplete without it. I didnt begin to blog for sharing. It sort of happened once so much for collected and a friend or two began pushing me into sharing it all on a blog. Ive been writing since I was studying in BA... back then it was mostly book covers, scraps, and what nots that got stuff randomly written on, but then around 2007, i started typing it and storing it... For now, im testing the waters around here, because the push has gotten down to shove by some friends who think i need to step out and get readers because they think its worth it... I find my writings not to everyones taste, and are usually not too high spirited anyhoo - so I always hesitated before sharing out and out. Friends and family are biased to begin with and getting the outside opinion helps one grow I guess, but I still find it hard to 'write for a demand' or 'given a topic'... because words normally flow from within as a reaction to the people I meet, or somethin that happens around me and are an in the moment kind of thing that if not written then, wont come bck later...

Ill keep the blog readers suggestions in mind ofcourse... Im sorry for my rambling long replies this and the one above. *apologies*

I shall get around to your blog soon as time allows. Until I do... thanx once again, and wait to hear from me. You'll know when ive been there!

Tc Smile

~ Hayaah

Hayaah
Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

Undecided typos... ugh

*so much for collected = so much got collected

Shwetal Rai
from Bangalore
13 years ago

hi... no apologies...:)

I just followed your blog!!! Looking fwd to seeing more from you :)

Koshy T
Koshy T
from Mumbai
13 years ago
good to see that you have sustained and build up your tempo over the years. I liked the variety too Koshy
Hayaah
from Riyadh
13 years ago

Thank you OH so very much for such kind praise!!!

Really really appreciate the encouragement Smile