Pushpa would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.simplehomefood.com/ ]

Please review my cooking blog

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Hi All,

I am looking for feedback on my cooking blog.Kindly review my blog and let me know what you think of it.I appreciate it.

Blog URL:www.simplehomefood.com

Thanks,

Pushpa

Replies 1 to 10 of 10
Unknown
Unknown
from Hyderabad, India
13 years ago

Hi Pushpa,

I checked out your blog just now.

I am no expert in commenting on the content, cos it's all recipes so am sure the recipes work :). The photos you have used for showing the curries are rich and very good.

Just one thing I felt is not appealing, but again it is my opinion. The font you used seems to be all bold. Any specific reason?. Also instead of the black background..can u you use something which goes well with the wooden background. Also try different layouts like 2 sidebars, one on each side. SO that the content is exactly in the center

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Hi Unknown,

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Pushpa

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Looking for more reviews please...

Poornima Menon
Poornima Menon
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Hi Pushpa, 

You have a lovely blog, with a lovely title too. Overall I love the look and feel as well as the collection of recipes. There is only one suggestion that I have - you can occasionally do step by step recipes. (like on my fav cookery blog - http://www.cookingandme.com/2010/08/navratan-korma-navaratna-kurma-recipe.html). Step by step recipe really helps as the readers can find it easier while cooking! 

Happy cooking until later!

Shri
Shri
from Richmond
13 years ago

Hi Pushpa,

Checked your blog; good collection of recipes.

Couple of points:

Text: 'justify' the text, it helps in the overall neatness and overall focus of your blog.

Photographs: Keep the focus on the food, any other accessory should be just that: to enhance the presentation not to distract from the recipe/food.

Best!

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Hi Poornima,

I have posted step by step pictures for recipes that are a little complicated.I will continue to do that.Will keep you in mind when I do that.I appreciate your comments.Thanks.

Regards,

Pushpa

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Hi Shri,

I hardly have that many accessories.The focus for the blog has been on the text and the dish.Thanks.

Regards,

Pushpa

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hello Pushpa,

very nice blog..

the pics you put up are really tempting which i feel is very important for a food site..:)

The post on farmers market was very interesting!

Few suggestions though---

1. First the layout - in the content pane,

the post section and the right sidebar look equally divided.. i think it should be in the ratio..about 70:30 resp.

2. the woody background can be changed to a more lively and suitable theme based on cooking.

3. Add label gadget (segregate similar recipes) since it will increase your readership.

Best wihes and keep blogging..the results are all Good :)

Pushpa
Pushpa
from San Diego
13 years ago

Hi Arti,

Thanks for the review.I am happy you liked my blog.As for the layout,I would love to have more space for the post section,this is the maximum I can get for the post,but I will rearrange and see if I can get more space.As for the woody background love it too much to give it up-I think it is really earthy and different.How is the brightness and contrast settings on your computer?I am absolutely getting the label gadget,just wanted to get enough posts before I do that. 

Regards,

Pushpa

pandiang
pandiang
from chennai
13 years ago

hello 

the fotographs in your blog fine ! ( i think all the recipes may be your preparation)

the technical advise from the bloger may help u

pandiang. chennai 

http://www.verhal.blogspot.com