Rohini would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Requesting a review - Travel blog

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Wayfarers and Pathfinders is a travel blog with many authors.  We focus on places in India which as not the 'touristy' sort.  I'd like to have an honest review of the blog as we are all new to travel blogging.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8
Fazeel Kazi
Fazeel Kazi
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

Nice.....the main content just needs to increase it's width.

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Yes, the main column is rather narrow. Resizing it would need that other page elements be moved so that the look doesn't get messed up.  I have been a little lazy with it.

Vishwajeet
Vishwajeet
from Pune
13 years ago

Blog is informative & torch for a treveller. Head image is alive w.r.t blog title. Post area need to be little more. all the best ! 

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Rohini,

Great travel blog...

Some suggestions though...

1. Try putting the labels and the archives on top as they are important for your readers than the other things.

2. Put link within gadget and email subscription as they will increase your readership.

Overall a nice blog. Keep blogging:)

Will appreciate a review on my travel blog sometime!!

http://myyatradiary.blogspot.com/

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

What is a link within gadget? The labels field got pushed down inadvertantly. I'll change that. I'd prefer the readers to come to the blog and read the posts rather than provide email subscription.

Will look up your blog too soon.

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

link within gadget..they are related posts that appear after each post..

you can get it here-- http://www.linkwithin.com/learn

Some prefer reading the posts on email.. at the end of the day, you are just increasing your readership?

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Technosophy :

- Too many widgets

- Very slow in loading

- posts are not very frequent

- Background theme and color contrast isn't appealing :(

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I know I haven't been able to fire up that blog. I still need to work on it. That's why I asked for a review only for Wayfarers and Pathfinders. :)

Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Wayfarers:

- Great content with photos, description and videos.

- Frequency of posting is good, you can be more frequent!

- Page takes more than a minute to completely load :(

- Nice theme, but header is taking away too much of space i  feel

- Sidebar font color and background color is some what dull...

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

We depend on the contributors and guest bloggers alike to maintain the frequency of posting. I have been looking for travel bloggers with similar interests to join us.

Yes, we have had issues with the loading time because of the numerous photos and slideshows we publish. We can't reduce the number of photos given the theme of the blog.  I have installed JQuery Lazy Loader. We use the read more link wherever possible. Any suggestions about how we can reduce the loading time further?

Shri
Shri
from Richmond
13 years ago

Hi Rohini,

The post on Bateshwar temple caught one's eye, especially with the picture. Promising blog and idea; it should appeal to a good-size audience. And visual appeal counts.

As others have pointed out:  Colour and contrast, larger  organized text, organizing the widgets and perhaps moving them to the other side: if one reads from left to right, it helps the eye to follow and check up on your archives.

All the best!

Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I have reopositioned the widgets. Are you suggesting the text size be larger?

Sonia
Sonia
from Pune
13 years ago

Like your blog! Like the fact that you've talked about 'not-so-common' places. A few more pictures would be great! Gives a better idea about the place.

Sonia

http://soniarevankar.wordpress.com

www.lively-wood.blogspot.com

Shri
Shri
from Richmond
13 years ago

Hi Rohini,

The text looks much neat since you 'justified' it.  Increasing the text size a tad more should also work.

Visual appeal counts in drawing someone to your blog and prompting them to read/linger. Your posts have a  fairly  large amount of text; either the written matter [ first paragraph/few lines/caption] or the visual/photographic content should appeal to the reader.

Best.