Malvika would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://malvika-thesearchwithin.blogspot.com/ ]

Looking for honest thoughts from people who really read

Malvika
Malvika
from Mumbai
13 years ago

I write poems from the age of 9. It was by chance that I found out I was gifted. An on-the-spot competition was announced in school. It was raining then and I wrote on 'Rain'. It was a silly four line poem and it rhymed so much. I am grateful to my school who picked it up for the school Magazine. I remember feeling both shy and proud. Maybe I loved the feeling too much so I continued, maybe things just came to me when I wasn't thinking, or maybe I was always thinking and had to write to give myself a break. From then, I know I have grown in expressions. But I feel there is more to me, like it always should be...also in these many years I should have had hundreds of poems written but I don't...not because of time or inspiration (there's plenty) but because I don't feel responsible to someone. 

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Vibha Sharma
Vibha Sharma
from Chandigarh
13 years ago

I liked some of your posts very much. Keep writing. You have naturally very good expression.

Do visit my blog and leave your comments there

http://literarysojourn.blogspot.com (book reviews, interviews and my art work)

http://bitestories.blogspot.com (short stories and poems)

Malvika
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Thank you Vibha.

I am at your blog right now, looks very artistic!

KK Rajiv
KK Rajiv
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hey Malavika,

Here's my take...you are just very good in simply putting things into a rhyming proportion. This is a gift indeed and just try to maintain the same tempo :-)

Malvika
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hello KK!

Thank you.

In fact now I am trying to break out it... in the beginning when I was a child, I thought rhyming meant poetry, and I tried to hard to squueze in similar sounding words (my favourite were room and broom!) ... eventually I gave up the effort and was much better. I am loning for yet another pattern change, guess it will just come!

KK Rajiv
KK Rajiv
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Hey Malavika,

Here's my take...you are just very good in simply putting things into a rhyming proportion. This is a gift indeed and just try to maintain the same tempo :-)

KK Rajiv
KK Rajiv
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Well I would suggest dont try hard to change your pattern....for what comes in as natural to you now, is a well-crafted pattern in itself.

Let your mind and pen have the full control and then when you look at your poems after some days or so, you would feel the change. And as they say, " A Free Mind has limitless powers to be tapped upon".

So just maintain the rhythm and let the rhythm decide when and how to change its course

Malvika
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hmm, let time complete its course, guess you are right.

Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
13 years ago

You have an easy style. Nice flow, and sincere thoughts.

Metaphors, idioms if crafted to complement the thought, can go a long way in bringing an edge to your verse. Maybe it might help to step back and check if some of the content might be better suited as prose, instead of poetry.

If you chose to derive inspiration from immediate surroundings and maybe experiment with thoughts and themes (in addition to personal feelings) removed from self it could help expand perception and in turn reflect in your poetry.

Sometimes being pithy could bring tighter focus to what you're attempting to express.

Much work still remains but I'm sure your poetry will get better.  

Malvika
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Anil!

Wow, I am happy to just see the length of the review, right now. Thank you for your time!

Yes, just read it. Hmmm, honestly I have no clue what prose or poetry mean... I will need to check and see what style is my style of writing referred to... or even if I have a set style, I feel this month I have broken it... not sure how, not even attempted to break it...

just wrote almost every day, and usually take more time to complete a poem, but this month, I have keyed in words rapidly, more direct and straight from heart, like a pour... it wasn't well thought.

Ya, I guess the immediate surroundings and all, is what I felt this time, please check my recent posts... I think I have more change and variety.

Oh yes, work always remains! Glad, since that is what journeys are all about...

Thank you again!