Rohini would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

So, what do you think?

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

My blog Crazy Quilt completed three years earlier this month. I'd like to know what Indibloggers think about it. I blog about my thoughts, opinions and my life.

Replies 1 to 9 of 9
Nishant Mishra
Nishant Mishra
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Believe me, I have never seen such a wonderful, beautiful, & colorful blog! Yeah! I mean it! I have reviewd some blogs here but it's hard to tell you about changes you might make to your blog because everything seems so well thought and arranged that I may just need tell you that YOUR BLOG ROCKS!

You are a very passionate writer and your posts reflect the intensity! BTW, I hate to cut it short but my 7 month daughter is crying & I must see her NOW! Talk to you later!

Nishant Mishra
Nishant Mishra
from New Delhi
15 years ago

Rohini! I am back. Babies are my priority, blogs come secondWink. She's now with her momLaughing.

Well, I have just seen your fresh posts. I'll rreturn to older posts later. All I can say this moment is that I immensely enjoyed visiting your blog. Very few people have so much to share and show. You set an example. I am very new to blogging and still into learning phase. I wish you goodluck with your blog.

PS: I like the template of your blog. I am not good at generating/updating them, please tell me how can I use that template with my blog.

Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Firstly, thank you for the review. I am glad you liked the blog. I do like writing. My posts are infrequent, though. The blogs enjoys good traffic but that doesn't reflect in the comments count for some inexplicable reason.

As for the template, it was designed using Psycho, a free template generator. I generated the basic 3 column skeleton via Psycho and then modified it. The template was made long back but I recently made some changes in it. I have blogged about it <a href=" <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:ES; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> http://aldebaran14.blogspot.com/2009/02/repairs-and-renovations.html">here</a>. But it was a lot of work. If you want an easier way out, just download any free or paid template that suits your fancy. If you plan to use Psycho, I suggest you wait for some time. It is going to redesigned and I expect to see some good, new features.

Love and luck to your baby and thanks again. L<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:ES; mso-bidi-language:AR-SA;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Oh, what a mess. My net connection played up and I had to type the previous reply elsewhere till it was restored. Here it is again:

Firstly, thank you for the review. I am glad you liked the blog. I do like writing. My posts are infrequent, though. The blogs enjoys good traffic but that doesn't reflect in the comments count for some inexplicable reason.

As for the template, it was designed using Psycho, a free template generator. I generated the basic 3 column skeleton via Psycho and then modified it. The template was made long back but I recently made some changes in it. I have blogged about it here. But it was a lot of work. If you want an easier way out, just download any free or paid template that suits your fancy. If you plan to use Psycho, I suggest you wait for some time. It is going to redesigned and I expect to see some good, new features.

Love and luck to your baby and thanks again. 

Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Oh, what a mess. My net connection played up and I had to type the previous reply elsewhere till it was restored. Here it is again:

As for the template, it was designed using Psycho, a free template generator. I generated the basic 3 column skeleton via Psycho and then modified it. The template was made long back but I recently made some changes in it. I have blogged about it here. But it was a lot of work. If you want an easier way out, just download any free or paid template that suits your fancy. If you plan to use Psycho, I suggest you wait for some time. It is going to redesigned and I expect to see some good, new features.

Love and luck to your baby and thanks again. 

Reveda
Reveda
from New Delhi
15 years ago

nice blog!

Alok

http://reveda.blogspot.com/

Hey, I loved the style you write in. Intense. The blog truly lives up to its name - Crazy Quilt.

Happy blogging. :D

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ Reveda: Thank you.

@ Kadambari: Yup, making the template took a lot of time and effort. I'm pretty lazy at posting, though. No hard work there. Tongue out

@ Hakuna!: So finally you have noticed me. I have been stalking your blog since ages. The last post is serious and intense but I write funny stuff too. I am glad you liked the blog.

Happy Blogging to you too.

Pushkaraj Apte
Pushkaraj Apte
from Pune
15 years ago

Great blog! I didn't know the phrase 'the world is a small place' applied to blogosphere too - we have met before... ( Ref. - Flame of the Forest!) What's more, I have similarly 'met' one person (Kadambari) who I see again here in the responses. Amazing.

You had written to me then that your blog was sadly gathering dust. I wondered that if this could happen to you, what fate would befall me, someone already suffering from writers' block? Happily, I have stopped bothering about two things 1. How many comments I get and 2. What my adsense report says! That has helped in getting over the 'what to write' problem and I have reached 40+ posts so far.

There I go again into a bout of narcissicm. This is about your blog, not mine. So, once again - great blog. Your blog continues to inspire me.

Thanks again, looking forward to reading more of your blog,

Regards,

Pushkaraj

http://www.express-explore.blogspot.com

Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

My my, I am honored! You still remember me. It's nice to hear my blog inspires someone.

Almost everyone starts blogging with 'Hey, I have something to say'. But ultimately readers' feedback matters. I don't have adverts running on my blog but the abysmally low comment count does bother me. I want to hear the readers thoughts on the topics I write about, I want them to agree with me , contradict me or present perspectives I may have overlooked. When I write about experiences I want to know if others have similar stories to tell. That makes the trouble of putting together a blog post worth it. :p

Great to know you have 40+ posts. In 3 years I have managed only about 75. Thanks for the review and the comment.

KS
KS
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey Rohini,

I was confused I was on the wrong blog when I saw your name to be Julia Scissor. But since you gave the star clarification (and the sly apology) I knew I was in the right place.

Please view my comments below as a reader and not as a fellow blog-writer, as I am guilty of some of them myself.

What I didn't like about your blog:-

- The right pane. Somehow, people's weird faces take away from the beautiful theme you have woven together. My own alien face sitting there on your mybloglog community seems to spoil the whole quilt theme that you have going on.

- The permalinks to your post. Oh dear. I invite anyone in this community to find out where they are on your posts. I wanted to link your post to this comment and I nearly gave up looking for them.

- What an irony. Mr. Apte above is thanking you for telling him not to worry about comments and keep writing, and well, 3rd time?

What I liked about your blog.

- That you have offered to translate. I have never seen anyone do that before. I assume you have international readers

- That you a random post option within your own blog, which I think is a marvellous option

- Your language is excellent. I loved that the most actually

- Your theme is beautiful - well thought of and well-chosen. I hope you have seen Kaddu's theme from above. I thought hers was the best I have seen to date. Now I'm confused.

- Lastly I loved the way you have linked different cultures (Remembrance) and mutiple lanugages (Tongues in a Knot)

A little more than two cents, I know. I hope you don't mind.

Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Mind? I loved the review. Readers feedback is always precious. Firstly, thank you for such a detailed review.

I blog with a pseudonymn but using it felt a little weird on an Indian blogging forum. So I decided to use my real name instead. And those who are into crazy quilting deserve that apology. For a long time my blog has been the #1 result on Google Blog Search for 'Crazy Quilt' and it gets quite a lot of hits with those keywords. Imagine their disappointment when they reach my page.

Ironically, the Google and MBL widgets were placed where they are so that they will be easily noticed. The only thing I can do is to move them into the far right, out of the field of vision.

Thanks for pointing out the missing 'permalink' text. It has been fixed.

Ok, from now on I'll stop cribbing about the number of comments (and stop counting comments like a miser would money) and go by the advice of the Gita (Maa phaleshu kadachan.) Smile

My readership was truly international till I abruptly stopped blogging in 2008. I lost almost all my readership then and now most of the new readers are Indian or of Indian origin. The translator stands 'in memoriam'.

I am glad you liked both the content and the layout of my blog. The layout is almost entirely my work which is the reason why it's unique. I did visit Kadambari's blog but wasn't bowled over the layout. Maybe because I have seen a very similar layout on Hakuna's blog. (What a co-incidence. Hakuna too has posted a review here.)

KS
KS
from Chennai
15 years ago

:) You have a point there. Your template is unique and wonderful. Maybe one day I'll bug you for some tips?

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ KS: You are welcome anytime.

@ Kadambari: Now I am jealous. I haven't received any suggestions so far. But it's been only 2 days since I installed Skribit. A suggestion. The find the Skribit tab a little intrusive because it floats above your posts. Try to place it over the sidebar instead.