Aseem Trivedi would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://aseemtrivedi.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 29

please review my cartoon blog

Aseem Trivedi
Aseem Trivedi
from mumbai
13 years ago

i m a freelance cartoonist working for many newspapers n magazines. i regularly update my blog with my latest cartoons. i m looking for some feedbacks on my blog. thanks.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4
Anil
Anil
from Mumbai
13 years ago

An Indian cartoon blog is always a pleasant surprise. The humour you used is effective for the news items. Very interesting content. You have an incisive mind. Great going.

A few suggestions below: 

A. Using tags to tag each cartoon would make it easy for visitors to see cartoons category-wise. Draw up a list of main categories you do cartoons in, then for each main category, draw up relevant sub-categories.

For example,

1. The "Don Ki Intezaar" cartoon could be tagged with the tags - "Bollywood", "Films" "Amitabh". Clicking "Bollywood" will display all your cartoons tagged with "Bollywood".

2. The "Bihar Banaam India" cartoom could be tagged with the tags - "Outsourcing", "Bihar", "Media"

B. Once the news fades out, people might forget the context of the cartoon, especially if they were to visit a cartoon after a year. Below each cartoon you could consider linking to a news item of the 'news' or 'controversy' the cartoon tries to highlight.

C. If the cartoon has been published in a newspaper/magazine, then you could mention below the cartoon, something like: "Published in [Name of Newspaper/Magazine], [Date]. And if possible a link to that newspaper page. This will help you build your media reputation, and maybe even get people to contact you for your cartoons.

D. Many bloggers will add a "Related Posts" section below each blog post, which shows 2-3 images that link to those related posts. You could do the same after each cartoon post with "Related Cartoons". Visitors who like a particular cartoon can then navigate to the "Related Cartoons" one by one.

E. The blog sidebar is cluttered with too many items. At the start, instead of your picture, if you put up a brief text Bio of yourself, it will help people quickly find out about you. Underneath the bio, provide your email address.

F. The two BlogCatalog icons are of no use there, you could move them to the footer. Instead, provide a RSS feed icon in their place so visitors can subscribe to your blog. Also put in a RSS feedreader chicklet that shows how many people have subscribed to your blog.

Then bring up the Archive section. Currently it is near the bottom of the blog. Make it visible to visitors higher up.

G. The three sections in the sidebar - Latest Cartoons, World Cartoonists, and Dhakalandazi seem to be spilling out of the sidebar. They are not fitting in within the sidebar, at least not in my browser.  

F. The Google Friend Connect widget needs to be shown higher up in the sidebar, so visitors can see it quickly and add your blog.

G. The large statistics counter is taking up space that could be better used. Try and get a smaller display panel instead of the current large square "widgeo" widget in the sidebar.

H. Finally, since your blog is about visual content, maybe your blog header can changed to a nice graphic that will immediately reflect your skills and identify you as a cartoonist.

Your blog content is very entertaining. Wish you all the best with your cartooning, and blogging.

aseem
aseem
from mumbai
13 years ago

thanks a lot for your precious suggestions, very soon i'll make some amendments.

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

Dont know hindi..but the comments in your blog says that people like me are missing a lot..You should try some English stuffs too.

Otherwise the credit goes to you..Look and feel is great for a cartoon blog...

And do have a look at mine - http://zradar.wordpress.com

Aseem Trivedi
Aseem Trivedi
from mumbai
13 years ago

thanks zaira ji.... soon i'll place some cartoons in English too.