Poorvi Shrivastav would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://poorvishrivastav.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 40

Black and White of my Life - My Blog - Please review

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

I started blogging in 2006 and generally I write about my personal views on anything and everything , I recently signed on Indiblogger.com and strangely have started enjoying it more than I ever did.

I want to improve upon my content and to actually know what more can I inculcate in my blog.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: Spell error
1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23
Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Updated

Zaira Hakeemshah
Zaira Hakeemshah
from Chennai
13 years ago

Poorvi,

HOnestly, I loved it all.. U hv a very gud grip on the language.. Very nice and crisp.. Only one suggestion.. Increase the width of your blog-text area.. That wud give a real crisp look for ur already crisp contents..

I would love if u cud hv a look at mine and give ur views.. - http://zradar.wordpress.com/

To start with, I wud suggest two of them  - http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/the-best-thing-about-marriage-2/ and http://zradar.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/difference-between-owing-a-license-and-owning-a-vehicle/ Pls let me know what you think about them... Leave a comment or promote the posts, if u like them

rajuda
rajuda
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi Poorvi

I scanned through your blog and chose two posts to read: 'From Time to Time' and 'India - The Next Superpower'. (I am not into poems in a big wayCry). 

What struck me most, was your natural inclination to be satirical.  The 'tongue-in-cheek' comments raise their heads in a subtle way and at the right time to make the reader chortle.  I believe the ability to use satire is a huge gift to a writer.  Apart from a humorous tinge, it helps you put across any strong reaction in an 'innocent and innocuous' manner, and deliver the intended message to the sensible reader.  Concentrate on improving this skill.

You write well.  Your presentation is good.  And the blog design is uncluttered and easy to navigate.

Keep writing

Rajuda

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Zaira : Thanks a lot .. I will definately review yours. And yeah I realized from legibility point of view the width is not accurate , will improve this.

@Rajuda : Thanks for you comments Smile

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Updated for more reviews ..

Vandana Natu
Vandana Natu
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I liked your blog. Everybody write what they feel but you write them short n sweet :)

I liked the poems too, simple n everyday that one can relate to them.

You will be surprised that I like the pic of 'khaki shorts n white linen shirt' coz many mny years bk when I had seen the movie 'Twister' I wanted the same (the heroine always dressed in shorts n a shirt). 

Just one point, the variety is definitely a plus point for you but some of the posts have very little content (like fatal attraction) which might be ok for people who know you and know why it is there but for readers who visit once in a while - every click that gives a page with very little content is like a click wasted.

Just my thoughts. Plz feel free to ignore any that cause ur effervescent spirit to pop a few bubbles :)

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Vandana : Thanks... I actually look forward to some areas that can be improved upon, so I really appreciate you taking out time and going through these posts. I will try to be elaborative with content hereforth.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Updated

Pennlyess Nick
Pennlyess Nick
from Andaman
13 years ago

Loved it!

Normally when I write someone a review, I'd write things they can use, you know, like where to improve, and stuff like that. But for you, I think its just perfect. Also, I'm sharing "All about you" in Facebook.

PS: It'd be a true pleasure, if you would review my blog.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks Nick .. I went through yours and amazingly I liked the design for its simplicity and neatness. I just read 2 posts and liked them both :) .. its wonderful that you coded it .. keep blogging !!

santoshbangar
santoshbangar
from delhi
13 years ago

hi Poorvi

thanks for including me on internet. though i am clear about this. so pl tell me what is this .ur posts are realy very nice good posts on different topics my blog is food blog .i have another blog where i posted current news. u l tell what i have to do and guide me how i permote my blog.

thanks

regards

santosh

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
13 years ago

Nice wordy worthy collection you have here.. and i love your tag line punch :-) 

blog on

Sauvik

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Sauvik .. Thanks .. I reviewed yours , and posted my comments there :)

Vivek Chamolli
Vivek Chamolli
from New Delhi
13 years ago

HI Poorvi ,

You have got a nice blog . And your writings make it even much better.

Vivek Chamoli

@ poorvi, well written and arranged blog.

alexa and google page rank, both should be incorporated for better blog quality. 

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Pramod Sir .. Thanks , Actually I have a PG of 2 and Alexa of 4.6 M which I thought were'nt good so I did not post them. Can you let me know if it's okay to post these stats ?

hey ,i have a 0 pagerank, and alexa of 423000, still i have posted it. 

its a great pagerank, atleast. 

you should immediately post it. it gives a reflection of your blog value.

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Pramod Sir : How can I display them , do I have to add them as a widget?

please omit the sir, yes , you have to add the widget in your blog html/javascript, add column, in your desigbn section of blog. 

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Pramod .. Sorry, it's habit . I judt added the widgets , and it shows GP : 7 and Alexa : 2.6 M.. thanks for the suggestion.

great, excellent.Smile

sandeep
sandeep
from Faridabad
13 years ago

written on nice topics 

Poorvi Shrivastav
Poorvi Shrivastav
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

Thanks Rajesh.. Yeah I have been also dwindling over the idea of migrating to wordpress for a while, but I am too much in love with everything on the blog that has memories of 4 eyars including the blogger.com account :( ..

Yes I am a techie by profession , thanks for the invite but mostly my areas of interest revolve around Microsoft Technologies and products so if I have anything in mind which I would like to contribute towards your blog ( as a guest ofcourse :) ) I will connect with you for sure.

1-20
21-23