Archana would like you to review his/her blog.
[ ]

Please review my cookery blog.

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
13 years ago

I have been posting for quite a long time but I do not have much traffic. This is something i would like to correct now.

Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Viraj Borkar
Viraj Borkar
from New York
13 years ago

HI,

firstly thanks for reviewing my blog. Your blog is wonderful! I am sure you will get more traffic. Your photos, the detailing of the recipes everything is great. I am a certified fan of your recipes - simple with a touch of homeliness.

Also, you are from Goa? Chances are we know each other as I am from Goa too. So am overwhelmed to see a blogger from Goa!

Regards,

Viraj

www.platedromance.wordpress.com

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
13 years ago

Thanks Viraj. You certainly brought hope as I was abt to give up blogging,

I had thought you may be from Goa as Borkars generally are.  where r u originally from?

Mythreyi
Mythreyi
from Frisco
13 years ago

Hi Archana,

Thanks for reading and reviewing my Yum! Yum! Yum! bog. You have a great collection of recipes out there. As Manoj said a touch of homliness should win the people's heart. 

I feel like you should improve some of your photos.  Here are the tips that I have followed, hope this helps.

1. Always take pictures with the lot of natural light ( near a window or a place where natural light is there).

2. I always use white cookery so that food inside will look more colorful. (For Ex: The Fish Fry picture on your blog, I wouldn't use that striped plate, if you use white plate it will look much tempting)

3. Always take pictures with the good and high resolution.

4. I always take closeup pictures so that ingredients can be visible.

5. In your blog try to select a template that accommodates the large picture size. (This definitely worked for me )

I find this blog very useful:

http://www.cookingandme.com/2006/07/food-photography-for-food-bloggers.html 

I wish you all the best and would like to see more recipes from your kitchen.

-Mythreyi

Mythreyi
Mythreyi
from Frisco
13 years ago

Sorry I meant Viraj, not Manoj in my previous post. :-)

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
13 years ago

Thanks the site you have sent is excellent. Will try them out from now on.