Support for Dove Real Beauty Contest

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

A new contest on IndiBlogger: What does real beauty mean to you

How many people do you think will be participating in this? The turnout for the previous Contest 'Crusade against chlorine' was low. Was it beacuse of the lower value of the prizes compared to teh previous contests?

In this contest, why are the facebook likes taken into consideration rather than IndiVine haerts? Any idea?

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: title change
Replies 21 to 40 of 52 Descending
Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

The topic is much needed for discussion, especially in India where the vision of beauty varies with the change of topography!!......Expecting some real good posts to come on this.... :) :) :) 

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

The topic is much needed for discussion, especially in India where the vision of beauty varies with the change of topography!!......Expecting some real good posts to come on this.... :) :) :) 

Anu Mantra
from New Delhi
13 years ago

I saw your blog...This is a perfect topic for you... Sealed  Wink

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yeah, going through all the blog posts; all of them are really heart warming! Wonderful reading all of them! 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

ho ho hooooo.. tips being shared.. I must say, IndiBlogger has come of age.. Smile where we are supporting each other.. Hurry Bloggers!!

Where were u dude, first time I woke all night and by 4 am in the morning all task completed. Your guidance was missed. But I can surely count on your blessings.
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Wowowoww!!! This is awesome response! More than 100 entries on the first day itself!!! Thats just Cool!!!

I had thought of givng it a miss, but seeing the enthu here... am now considering......Undecided

abhin@v
from mumbai
13 years ago

@ arti yes, go ahead . its never to late Smile

and yes the response has been pleasantly surprising, maybe it is because of the prize money :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Lets see if I can conjure up something... Yes the big prize money must surely contributed to the large scale participation... Thanks for the encouragement:)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I except that the entries would cross 200 because many seem to submit their entries in the last moment

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Count me in that too @RanjithTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Arti How can I? You have submitted your entry 10 days before the deadline. isn't it? Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Submitting after the posts have become visible is late already!!!
Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

How to win People's choice 

Winning the category (one winner for 50K) is to share this link with your friends online and who have a facebook account. They need to click like on that page. Not everyone has a facebook like on their blog posts. 

Hence get the likes on this link: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=59XXX . That is the link you need to circulate. Likes on your blog would be hard to track and cannot be considered. 

How to win Editor's Choice

The 15 awards chosen by the editors, will NOT consider votes or likes. You just need to have some kickass content! Size doesn't matter, neither do votes! :

Please share above thread to everyone who is taking part in the contest! All the best! 

Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

I've shared my post on the topic!! :) :) ..Gradually getting to know this place more now!! :D

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

All the best Kimi

R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I submitted two :D

Kya bro, here to ek likhne me watt lag geli. Aap to do do pe sawaar ho Gaye guru Ji . Kuch gyaan idhar bhi dijiye.
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Is it posssible that both your entries will win?

R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

I submitted one more :D

Three, awesome dude,
R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks Pramodji :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ RAJ Why don't you give your creative works to someone who is finding it difficult to write something? Smile

Hope that all your three entries don't win the prizes. in that case, we will be left with none. Smile

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

Interesting topic n thread... Got to read some wonderful articles on beauty, thanks to this contest! Winner or not winner, what matters is the outpouring of creativity n that I can see in abundance... All the very best to everyone... :)

R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

hey loved ur post!! was so fresh n so different.. its like a celbration to the life tht we hv... hvnt seen u much here before (of course, thts the same thing ppl tell to me too :D).. brilliant write up.. n the poem ws the clincher..like superwow!!! :D

Thanks anukriti Ji , for best wishes.
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@Pramod ji

All the best :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@R-A-J

thanks for such a wonderful n encouraging comment :) loved ur blog too :)

All the best

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hey Anukriti, loved your post:) Very well thought of!!
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@Arti

Hey thanks dear :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@Arti

read ur post n loved it... ur blog is overall very pleasing to the eyes...being a travel freak myself... ur blog brings a refreshing breath of happiness in my heart :) Its simple yet truly beautiful!your yatra diary is a delightful blog! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thanks for the compliment Anukriti, you made my day:)
R-A-J
from Bangalore
13 years ago

Thanks Anukriti..thnx fr ur kind words; u just made my day...great way to start a morning :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@R-A-J

Hey, you are very generous and kind to say that :)

Hi vineet Ji, and all indies, my creation awaits your signatures. I hope I am not asking too much.
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Will surely read it and comment on it! 

thanks Vineet, My blog will be waiting earnestly

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Pramodji as always beautiful post, different views presented... Loved it:)
Kimi Shrivastava
Kimi Shrivastava
from Jhinkpani
13 years ago

Woww...I've been going through all the articles since yesterday and I am simply amazed on the thoughts and ways of expression.... The poems are mind blowing and I had to read and re-read certain other write ups just for the reason that they were so marvellous!! Hats off to all of you!! :) :)

really, Kimi ji, marvelllous post buy you. 

sorry mistake buy = by 

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Beautifully written post, I like it:)
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Can't we use '+' sign in Indivine description? I used it in mine, and it has just vanished!!!

The description is looking somewhat messed up without that, Please help..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I think that you have simply forgotten to type a + sign. I think that we can use + for it is a symbol just like (.) that we often use.

Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Shall look into it. Can you share the link to the IndiVine post?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Vineet Rajan Here is the link: http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=59481

@ Arti: I don't see a need for you to insert any + sign

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Ranjith Thanks for giving the link to Vineet:)
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Vineet It was in between lens experience... What I meant to write was meaning of real beauty through my lens PLUS experience... It goes well without the plus sign as well but it conveys a different meaning... It means that my post contains only pics whereas it contains pics plus my experiences which I have put down in poetic verses... Please see if anything can be done...
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
@ Vineet Awaiting your response!!
Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

@All

Read those beautiful blogs up for this contest... Deserves an applause... And its wonderful to see fellow contestants promoting and voting for one another... that is the beauty.... quite a healthy and encouraging contest :)

I would like to Thank everyone for promoting my blog... :) ... really appreciate

Manjulika Pramod
from Delhi
13 years ago

written very well...

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

Thank you manjulika :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

That is what IndiBlogger is all about: Supporting each other.

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

That is right Ranjith :)

N yes nice blog n post... Have FB liked your post too... :)

All the best to you

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Anukriti So it was you, the only person to have liked my post on facebook. Thank you.

Amar Ashok Jajoo
Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

Seriously some of the posts submitted are just outstanding! And it's so amazin to see different people of different age from different backgrounds and their different views about the same thing - Real beauty! And they've done it so beautifully..God! I love this contest! Laughing

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

This indeed is a wonderful contest! Loved ur post amar :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

btw have FB Liked your post :) keep writing:)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Well said Amar, so many views... Makes for a great read... Loved your post:)
Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

Well what i feel is that Facebook likes is okay till it promotes the brand/products and gives a chance to non-bloggers to vote. But I think that Editors should not decide the People's Choice, solely on FB votes... A person who has 1000+ friends (or more) will definitely get an edge over the others (he/she can ovbiously ask/convince his/her FB friends to vote on indivine FB "Like"- wherein atleast 200 would def. vote - family/close friends etc). On the other hand a person who keeps a low profile on FB is bound to get very few votes... I think the Editors should have an upper hand in deciding the final verdict... wat say?

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

Just a point of view... opinions might differ :)

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
I am toh not on facebook so I guess I will have no likes there!!! For people like me, your idea is a great one... But then it is the peoples choice so I guess the rules are clear... Lets see...
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

I fall in that category you are talking about. I do not even have a facebook account and I don't like to ask my friends to vote for what I write. But still the facebook likes are to make the contest popular. one reason for the large number of entries is definitely the facebook promotion. If even non bloggers had a chance to participate, teh entries would ahve crossed 1000.

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
13 years ago

thats a valid point Ranjith and very well said... I appreciate :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo
Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

@Anukriti..Thanks..Done the same for you..;)..And you've 101 likes with that..!! I've some under 10..! Actually i didn't even kmow that non-indibloggers can like the thing too..!! Blame it on my ignorance since childhood of not reading rules completely!

@Arti..Thanks :)..It does not matter if you're not on facebook..I'm on facebook..I've some 700+ friends but believe me it ain't gonna make a difference..Reason - I'm a chartered accountancy student and have a large circle of the same! Even if i get them to like it..They'll ask me hundereds of question viz. What's this site? , What's this contest?, Can i register?, Is it still late for it?..Believe me i would rather prefer not having any likes! :P..They're all nerds! :-|..So if get a hard time with the likes and you're relying on the editor's award..Count me in too..;)...

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hehe I understand its better not to have any likes than answering those questions again and again... And anyways if you win and they come to know of it the party bill will surely exceed the prize money!!!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Amar The People's choice award and the Editor's award does have a lot of difference. I would be happy even if get the last prize of the Editor's choice rather than getting People's choice award, by repeatedly asking everyone to like my entry on facebook.

Amar Ashok Jajoo
Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

Yeah! Woh kehte hain na hindi me ' Khaya piya kuch nahi, gilas phoda barana' !Tongue out

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Hehe true:-D
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Is there anyone to translate the second half of the sentence in Hindi?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
It means that instead of having profit he incurred a loss!!
Amar Ashok Jajoo
Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

Yeah! Woh kehte hain na hindi me..' Khaya piya kuch nahi, gilas phoda barana' Tongue out..Btw arti share the link of your post..I'll like it via fb! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Thats very kind of you Amar, I appreciate your gesture... But it is not right to share links here... Woh hindi mein kehte hain 'tumne bol diya aur wahi bahut hai' :):)
Amar Ashok Jajoo
Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago
Hahaha..Sweet!I'll search your post myself :) Btw..News..I'm having a pretty hard time getting people to vote me..Most of the people ask..'Where's the like button?'..And suddenly I'm asking God 'What's the point of these eyes which don't work?' :P
Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Why don't you take a screenshot of the page and highlight the like button in dark red and send it to your friends?

Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago
Did you like it, it is showing 5 likes!! I cant even see who were the noble souls who liked!!
Arti Ji , those are real beauty souls.
Arti
from Mumbai
13 years ago

+1 PramodJi

Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

Yes Arti I liked it Tongue out

Somebody Somewhere
Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
13 years ago

How is it that you only get/hope to get hearts on a post when you give one?

Amar Ashok Jajoo
from Nagpur
13 years ago

It's a selfish world buddy!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

Only a hope. But still the trick might not work with everyone.

Somebody Somewhere
from Kolkata
13 years ago

The trick is not supposed to work with everyone.

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Hi everyone, 

There was a query raised about winning in multiple categories. Can't find it now! :( There are no restrictions, a blogger who has won the people's choice can also win the Editorial prize and vice versa. A blogger may submit as many entries as he/she wishes to increase chances of winning. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
13 years ago

@ Vineet rajan How about this one? A person submitting ten entries. The panel of judges are not going to look into the bloggers name and they award almost all of the entries. The person them walks away with 100000+ 50000+ 50000 + ..... (Don't remember those numbers) Is that possible?

LockSign in to reply to this thread