Forum Interaction Plea

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Hi guys,

Renie just dropped into the Consistent Policy on Plagiarism thread to tell us there are a bunch of goodies in the works. That's great news.

One of these goodies is a new set of guidelines for the forum. Very good news.

I don't know if this is going to be expressed well in these new set of guidelines but I think this is the crux of our interactions on the forum so I'd like to take a moment to say it.

Indiblogger has the potential to be an awesome forum to connect Indian bloggers wherever in the world they may live. It is active and engaged and helpful, perhaps much more so than many other blogging communities out there. There are many members here, some old, some new, most inactive unfortunately but the few who are active are superactive.

Superactive members are often friendly and helpful to newbies esp re: Indiblogger specific problems and I'm sure we all hope they never stop.

However, I'd like to make a plea to everybody who is active or superactive here to make sure we engage on substance and merit of comments. In other words, debate and conquer through logic and reasoning and the power of persuasion! Don't attack. Don't insinuate, don't make allegations you have no proof for, don't flame, don't troll.

Doing so will ensure that while discussions may get heated from time to time, they will never get personal.

And yes, for those of you wondering, I have direct personal experience of the wrong type of interaction on this forum including persistent unrepentant flaming, outright trolling and hijacking a thread, nasty allegations and insinuations, even nastier uninvited attacks on a blog and blogging style and topic.

Lastly, the non tech bloggers around here like to stay engaged with fun little games. Please bring your sense of humor if you choose to join. Don't spoil the party for the rest of us.

The sappier of us would even say IndiBlogger is like a family. Not me, you understand. I'm not that sappy. Cool

But I'm pretty sure there are people here who would say that. Wink

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Spelling error
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Ascending
Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@Hemal.

Sexism is never a joke..and only your second comment was presented as a joke. To readers, kindly see my full remarks post unconditional apology on this thread: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8612

Pundit Commentator
Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

@hemal.

That's excellent. That means you made the effort to hear me out, engage with me and understand the nuances and every peel of the onion in the logic. You continue to prove me right, Hemal. I told you, you are a wonderful Indipolice/mod.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

that was not an appreciation PC btw. Anyways, I am happy i proved you right.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

I chose to take it as a compliment, Hemal. That speaks of my positivity.

The fact that you readily confess chose not to give it as a compliments speaks of your negativity in this respect.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

error

*readily confess that you chose not to give it as a compliment

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

Oh, and you are a wonderful indipolice because you do what you can within the confines of your abilities, whatever they may be at any given time. That is the definition of a good moderator.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

lets not talk here of negativity and positivity.. its nice of you to think it that way and i apreciate that.. end of the story.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

? Excuse me?

Can you refute that it is my choice to look at your "headache" comment in a positive light and it was your choice to confess you did not offer it as a compliment?

It is not my problem if you are just realizing now and confessing now that you cannot handle a superior intellect, and that too, from a woman.

Pundit Commentator
from Delhi
12 years ago

To readers confused by last remark, please be informed that Hemal has just confessed he is sexist on another thread: http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8612

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

A very good way to take on me Pundit.

It is, by all means, your choice to look at it negatively or positively. I dont need to handle any superior interllect from women or men, I just need to understand and take views that match with mine.

And I certainly didnt like you tagging me as Sexist. Every one can read the converstation, it was a healthy debate. I shared a lighter note to cool off the conversation, you couldnt digest that.

LockSign in to reply to this thread