Google your Blog title!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What do you see when you key in your blog title in Google?

I did that yesterday and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that the first result which directs to the home page of my blog showed up 8 sub results below it! (I think it’s a good sign for a site and was quite happy about it Cool).

From the total number of results on the search page, 4 were directly from my site. 2 were from connect.in and 1 from digg, bloglovin, addyourblog and wepostalot each. None from Indiblogger though Frown

Anyways, What about you? Have you tried googling your blog name ever? How many pages does the search result throw up from your site? How many from other sites and which sites are they? If you have never done that, do it right away and do Share the results Smile

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Minor edit
Replies 21 to 40 of 67 Ascending
R Saraswathan
R Saraswathan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

When I googled the words "My Musings Poetry" I was pleasantly surprised to see my blog in "First Position" out of 3 Million Similar Blogs  and what is more I found my Blog in "Show Case" put up by " http://www.indiantopblogs.com/". Thanks Arti for the suggestion!!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats an amazing result:) Congos. Keep blogging:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Most welcome, Saraswathan :) Nice results you have there :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Whats indiantopblogs?
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

@DS, a blog directory, I think .

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

1. When I googled 'passey'...I was at Position 1 and 3 on Page 1. There were other positions that went to my twitter and linkedin pages...

2. When I google 'The Real Fiction'...I was at Position 1 and 10 on Page 1. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Nice results :) since when are you blogging Sir?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good! Being on page one is great:)
Padmapriya T S
Padmapriya T S
from Chennai
12 years ago

three full pages on google with 6 subresults showing below my blogLaughing...unfortunately none from indiblogger!

Priya - Aalayam Kanden

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Same like mine! Finally someone to give me company, and who... A fellow traveler! Excellent Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats great Padmapriya! Yes 6 sub results is a nice achievement:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Arti Travelers are having a field day!! Great Job:)
Tiger
Tiger
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Page 1

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats really nice :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

That's good!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Great!
Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

Hmm... True... Think I'll have to work on that... Laughing

Vishal Kataria
Vishal Kataria
from Thane
12 years ago

My blog name does not show up easily. But my name shows my blogger, twitter and + links on the 1st page. Guess I need to change the headline name of my blog. Can anyone help?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
12 years ago

The problem is that your blog title and your domain name are different. Cahnging both of them to the same name might help.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Ranjith!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

No, dont change the blog name just bacause its not showing up in results! I like the name and Ranjith also has a very valid point there :) Dont worry, I wish to see you here one day, saying that 'Yes, My blog name is finally showing up and whoa! as the first result itself!!! Smile I am sure that day is not far away... Good Luck, Vishal Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice advise there...
Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
12 years ago

All the links except one are related to my blog when I search for "Psyche's Visage". Might be the advantage of using unusual words and their combination, given that my blog is neither popular nor does it generate too much of traffic.

Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I agree with you. Look at Cybernag! It is not one of those money spinning ones getting 1000 or more hits and yet it is so popular so many pages downLaughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good one Zephyr!!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Loyal readers more than make up for the numbers!
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

True! Forget the hits, the search results speak for all the popularity you people have! Great work Smile

Zephyr
Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My blog name was at the top and on the entire first page, listing ALL the blog posts I have written. The first page was entirely mine with my FB, Linkedin and Twitter ids listed. and thereafter a US architectural firm by the name of Cybernag came in twice in the second page. There were other pages with my blog name or linkbacks to my blog. I kept going up to page 43 of google search and kept finding my blog listed in some form or the other. Not bad, eh?

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

show off!!!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rumbaho: This topic is meant to do just that!! If you have got it, then why not flaunt it :P :D

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Zephyr: You went all the way upto the 43rd PAGE! Great!! But why did you leave it at that? You were so close to hitting a half-century Wink

Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Rumbaho: I can see someone turning green Tongue out

Zephyr
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Arti: It was plain curiosity. I wanted to see which other madcap would use that name for anything! I think I should have gone up to 50 and then said Yaaaay!

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Hah:) Half century toh poori karte madam:)
Pradeep
Pradeep
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

I have gone through some great advice. Will also check it for mine.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Check and share with us.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Sir, where are your findings?

Sabyasachi Patra
Sabyasachi Patra
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Arti,

Thanks for your response. I agree with you. The tagline if it reflects the blog's subject should help. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Arti.
Sabyasachi Patra
Sabyasachi Patra
from New Delhi
12 years ago

The tag line I have chosen is: Tales from India's Wilds. However, I am not sure if many peopel are going to search using that. So I guess, even though it came up on top in the search (I just checked), I don't think it would be of much use?

I guess more important is how many people search using important posts on your blog and the number of connections, RSS feeds etc. 

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes people will not come searching for that but people might search India Wild Animals and google will throw your blog because your blog name contains those words... So choosing words which are likely to be searched helps:)
Priyank
Priyank
from new delhi
12 years ago

hi...my blog name is MATTERS THAT MATTERS, which i changed from previous one Matters That Matter Most....so googling my blog sing previous name shows it but not by the new blog name. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
It takes time probably! It will show with the newer name sooner:)
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

+1 DS

Jobin Martin
Jobin Martin
from Kottayam
12 years ago

When I type techpiper, my blog appears first in the list and since I have added the sitemaps tool,it appears as a neat 2 row search result.

And when ever someone types masterofmedicine, my blog appears 3rd/4th after some medical universities.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good.
Chaitanya Kulkarni
Chaitanya Kulkarni
from Mumbai
12 years ago

target keywords would be a more relevant exercise, get lots of results to my site though with my title googled.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 Chaitanya.
Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

The reasons are

1) I want to add some Writers to the blog.

2) I can make categories and subcategories in WordPress which cannot in blogger.

3) I can use many widgets and many custom pages also themes on WordPress.

Pratik Thorat

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

you can go with the wordpress.com blog then, the reasons you mentioned can be achived in wordpress.com as well. no need to pay for self hosted. however, wordpress.com will not allow you to rediirect your visitors from blogger to wordpress.com domain nither you will be able to get your followers back, as it needs plugins (Plugins cannot be installed in wordpress.com.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice info there!
Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

How to get this back-links from top sites, also I have doubt that I want to transfer my blog to WordPress so I just wanted to know that blog on wordpress.com is better or I host it on any webhosting site.

Thnx in advance.

Pratik Thorat

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

good question. well, it depends.

If you are going to move to wordpress.com subdomain. you won't be able to install any plugins or customize anything much more than that is avilable inbuilt. 

Give me 3 reasons why you want to move to wordpress ? it will help me to give you advice whether to go for wordpress.com or hosting. Don't worry. be honest. we all are on same ship so nothing to hide at all.

I am happy to see you are ready for your blog. now getting back links is very easy : Read others blogs (Old blogs useually have good Ranks) and comment on them (If possible use something like "Pratik @ update yourself" or something similer as name instead of just putting your own name. it will help a bit as well.  if you put some good comment you will get links and visitors as well..

Guest posting is another way of getting back links, write for others, you will get exposre and good back links as well.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Comment on similar niche Blogs but always leave genuine comments and not spammy comments:)
Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

Thnx subhash ji,

so the  new stas are My facebook page is still on 4

but my blog is on 7 th

can anyone of you just help me to be on top

Pratik Thorat

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i can do that yes, What i can do is give you an idea as to what can put it to TOP. However that is tough like climbing everest.

You have 105,000,000 compititors for this keyword, coming on top of them has to be difficult, right ?

So, here is what you need. You need something around 100  Backlinks from top sites (At least PR2+) linking to your domain with the anchor text keyword "update yourself" . ANd that even cannot say for how long it will stay on top. if you want to on top, you have to keep increasing back links backlinks backlinks.

Get it ? I would say concentrate on blogging more than keeping this keyword in google on top. if your contents are good, you will get to this position shortly.

Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
12 years ago

My blog name is UPDATE YOURSELF

when I google it (surprisingly)

The first result is from my blog

forth is from my facebook page

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

that's really nice Pratik,  Keep it up.

Take a look at this image too.you sholud signout from your google account before googleing smething about yourself.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice blog name Pratik:)
Jayendra Sharan
Jayendra Sharan
from Jamshedpur
12 years ago

1. I googled my blog title: sharanjayendra

Result: My blog. and all about my blog. one related to facebook fan page of my blog, like it :-)

2. I googled my name: Jayendra Sharan

Result: First is my google profile. Then result from indiblogger dot in and after that, facebook, twitter, linked in etc

I loved it :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Good Jay:)
Jayendra Sharan
Jayendra Sharan
from Jamshedpur
12 years ago

1. I googled my blog title: sharanjayendra

Result: My blog title. Exclusively. Other results are related to my blog too. One is about my facebook fan page (like this page).

2. I googled my name: Jayendra Sharan

Result: First one is my Google profile. Then some results from indiblogger and then from facebook and linkedin and twitter etc.

I loved it :-)

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

wah!.

By the way Are you happy with only 500 Results ?  Improve it Man , Don't you think you are lacking backlinks ?

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Ok, so for you its Blog title=Blogger name. Good to know that all results are favoring you in both the departments :)

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Plus 1 sub.
SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

kya DS aap Plus one kar rahe ho, its indi, not google plus :P. ab kal ko koi like karne lage or parso tweet, 4th day Digg and 5th day stumble kar de to not my fault ;P

Rumbaho.com
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Jayendra, that was very Kim Kardashian of you. Loving your google results, I mean. ;o)

LockSign in to reply to this thread