August 2011: IndiRank upgraded with mozRank

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Folks, we have a minor upgrade to IndiRank - and yes, it's out on time! Smile Where's that Addy?!

We've incorporated mozRank into our algorithm, which means IndiRank will be more dynamic now. We've reduced the importance of Pagerank.

Many of you will see a dip in your ranks - not to worry, as it has dipped for most. Here are the stats, showing how this upgrade changed IndiRanks throughout IndiBlogger, as compared to July:

Blogs with an increase: 14%
Blogs with a decrease:  69%
Blogs with no change: 17%

Average increase in rank: 1.1
Average decrease in rank: 5.8

We've updated the IndiRank page to give a better explanation on how IndiRank works. The other features discussed on the forum will be incorporated in the next upgrade.

Have fun checking your stats, and as always, send in feedback!

Replies 1 to 20 of 74 Ascending
bemoneyaware
bemoneyaware
from Bangalore
12 years ago

They have added mozRank also which has resulted in difference!!

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

My rank not that it matters much is 30 and I know it shall not go beyond this mark simply because Flickr is not considered a blog site like Blogspot , Wordpress etc I am happy that my 3 month old grand daughter I am teaching her to hold the camera  since one month .. is ranked  51 it gives me joy and Marziya Shakir 3 and a half year old has yet to get Indi Blogger rank is the finest photographer she shoots on the Nikon D 80..as a  father I had no time for my kids did not teacht them anything.. I am now making up making my grand kids photographers I blog on their behalf..

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

good blogs is better than money in a stat bank

dont give up hopes if your rank sank..

renie the wizard of oz.. we thank

for this exposure

this beautiful plank

Fatima Sham Mahimwala
Fatima Sham Mahimwala
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Renie, 

Even Though I've been on Indiblogger since probably a month, I don't have a Mozrank, how can I change that?

Midhun Ben Thomas
Midhun Ben Thomas
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I just cant figure as to how my Indirank is coming down inspite of the fact that nowadays the traffic to my blog is roughly around 2000 per month since July (before that it traffic was less than 1000 & my Indirank was in 60s)...but since then it has come down from 70 to 54 & now its 49 in September..Can someone plesase tell me why this is happening

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Might be due to infrequent posting...
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Or check out the Indistats, what do they say.
Arun Kumar R
Arun Kumar R
from Chennai
12 years ago

Even My rank is dropped

Firoze Shakir
Firoze Shakir
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Dear Renie

I blog via Flickr , I refuse to cross blog my Flickr blogs to Blogspot , bt I am hapy for once that my grand daughter Nerjis Asif Shakir  only 2 month old ranks better than me ..she is 51

I am 30..this encourages me and I hope you reinstate Marziya Shakirs blogs at Indi Blogger .. for a change I am learning or rather unlearmimg photography from Marziya Shakir..

Thank you for this platform..

Harsh Mahajan
Harsh Mahajan
from Meerut
12 years ago

Can Indiblogger team tell me what's the prob with my blog feed?? It is http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechFanas

Pheno Menon
Pheno Menon
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I gained one point this month to 69.. I got a google rank now but my alexa rank keeps decreasing (increasing in this sense) 

Bharat
Bharat
from Fresh Meadows
12 years ago

I keep getting this error message when I check my Indirank. "You will have to wait for the next IndiRank update to view stats for this blog."

Please help. Is there no way for me to get stats for my blog right now? It's at liberalcynic.wordpress.com

Mahendra
Mahendra
from Pune
12 years ago

Mine 54. Can any one tell me how much daily traffic I need to get my alexa ranking below 1,00,000. Cool

Chintan R Jain
Chintan R Jain
from Chennai
12 years ago

can you please check the problem with my feed detection. I am divinly irritated now. It keeps on saying not updated , not updated ..

Whereas if i am checking somewhere else.. there its showing me the feeds.. please check out

mine website http://labnium.org

Mine feed address http://labnium.org/feed

Venkat
Venkat
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

that's great Renie.

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

why cant you introduce another review system or rating system and add few points to all the blogs based on the readers ratings? it would be more inclusive!!

http://blazingcolours.blogspot.com/

@ Eshwar: Thanks Smile

eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

ur welcome Smile

jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
12 years ago

From 74 to 65...! damn.... should blog frequently...! busy shedule is making me sick...

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

same here, jaynth :P

I am mostly free, and on blogs most of the time, still struggling at 59, 

A new entrant here on Indiblogger and my first rank is 48. Not sure if it is a good rank for a new entrant. But, no issues. Happy to be a part of the community Smile Cheers to the Indiblogger team . Keep up the good work guys Smile

eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

its not a bad rank afterall...welcome to this online community!!....

Janhvi
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Fell from 76 to 61... but that's not my concern.

My concern is, it shows my mozrank as 0 when it's actually 2.8...... that's affected my indirank and i don't like it at all.

Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Don't worry Rank in your dashboard is the old one. Moz rank is almost dynamic, updates regularly.

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

So would it show in the next indirank?

Shivani Singh
Shivani Singh
from Delhi
12 years ago

i feel awful. From 70-48 is a big dip. Have been consoling my sore self ever since. That advice of not to worry doesn't seem to work right now.Makes me feel like quitting blogging once and for all...but hey what will i do then??? Clueless amd very Cry

There must be some feed detection trouble by feed burner . Check indi rank stats, you will see why such grave fall. It can be corrected.
Shivani Singh
from Delhi
12 years ago

If that was intented to console me then thank you Promod jee. And since i don't have any clue about the feed burner stuff...maybe i'll try and learn something for a change. Thank you.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

hey, dont get sad about a low indirank. The rank depends a lot on seo and sometimes even great quality blogs get average ranks. Take it positively and keep blogging, cheers :)

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

actually i dont care much about the indirank as it doesnt affect us in any way but my posts wont gain much popularity in the indivine..... its really difficult to see well written posts being unnoticed in indivine!!.....

or u can detach the indirank criteria for rating of indivine posts..... there will be hundreds of reasons for not keeping the blog active for a month or two but its difficult to see the posts being neglected!!....

http://blazingcolours.blogspot.com/

LockSign in to reply to this thread