My post copied by a 'senior' indiblogger

Gouri
Gouri
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

On 2nd May 2010, I had published a post on what to do if your feed is not detected by browsers:

http://www.ezaroorat.com/seo/is-your-feed-detected-by-browsers

Soon after, I also discussed the post on the forum here:

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=5101

Now the other day, while going through this thread:

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=8260

I was shocked to find that an indiblogger of 'considerable repute' had copied my post without credit.

I have started this thread basically for 2 things:

1. To request the concerned blogger to delete the copied post.

2. To throw open a couple of questions:

• Is it okay for IndiBlogger to allow such dubious members to take part in its policy-making discussions?
  • Isn't it an appropriate case for IndiBlogger to exercise its power of banning such members?

What's your take on this? Throw in your candid opinions.

Edited 13 years ago
Reason: minor edit
First 1-20
21-22
Replies 21 to 22 of 22 Descending

hmm thanks for the imputs :)

@arti -I hope many does'nt know abt print screen except some tech related bloggers unless the secret is out....even though they print screen ,they have to spend time writing them which most plp wont do...let me see the progress of my blog after this and if as you said my blog is been shyed away ,let me think about it later..thanks for your viewpoint arti :D

@gouri @pundit -I mailed the Wordpress since I found it to be a wordpress blog and they replied me back saying that it is not a blog but a website using .org codes and so they are unable to help.So I commented as well as mailed him personally using whois but he did not reply and continued to use my posts after a week or so to after my mails and comments...:(

Yes,I understand that they have put as it is from my blog even with the links but my worry is that if it is one or two post means ,I dont bother about it but taking away nearly 10 posts and more without my consent and also not replying to my mails  made me worry.Havent tried the GOOGLE yet and will do it after seeing his moves ...I feel sick when I want to complain abt something or someone ,I hate doing it but have no option left ..since it was my last move after waiting 4 a month mailing and commenting him.

Thanks for your support !:)

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Gouri, I do apologize for the late response to this. I've corrected the links on the forum, and added a link to that post on our FAQ's under IndiRank. That's a PR4 page, so hopefully it should restore the balance a bit. When the new IndiRank pages are up, I'll make sure it's included there as well. I had no idea I was pointing to a duplicate post earlier - I've updated our internal bookmarks as well so that support related questions will be answered with the correct link.

By the way, any chance of updating that post for Firefox 4? FF4 doesn't show the Feed icons anymore! Frown

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

ha! was looking for that Feed icon on Firefox 4!! now i know its not only an issue with me.. Frown

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Thanks Renie, much appreciated. I will try to update the post for ff4.

First 1-20
21-22
LockSign in to reply to this thread