Update the Forum layout

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I was part of the conversation when the members wanted certain changes. Now I am back again.

I had this idea about improving the current layout of the forum to accomodate more topics than they are listed now. This will give the visitor access to more content and the threads that are currently invisible under categories can also be brought out. The Right rail remains the same.

Proposed Forum Layout

The main reason for me to seperate the Content Threads is - I for one may not be interested in all contests and at times these threads are the only top 5 or 10 threads that are visble under Latest Activity. At the same time, by creating a seperate section would mean that all contest related threads would be visible upfront, and not getting burried down under other threads. A win - win.

Yes, there are many other things  that we are still looking for and am listing some of the most needed items.

Features Implemented:

1. Edit Button for replies: Will be active for a maximum of 5 minutes after a reply is submitted. Wink
  2. Threads now have First / Last page buttons. Cool

Features still to be implemented:

1. Inbuilt Editor Smiley - Its about the TinyMCE edition then. The Smileys take time to open and if we have inbuilt Smiley - like we have in IndiTalk, it would be much easier and people may use it more often.
  2. Update: IndiPolice can now send IndiMail users (who are not in their network) by going to their Profiles. Renie and team are working to enable IndiPolice sending emails to all users via IndiMial itself. 
  3. Update: Also required is more rights for IndiPolice to change the Category of the thread, and edit / delete an individual post/replay to a thread if it is found to be flaming.

I am sure many of you have other requirements but lets stick to a very few of the issues that we would like to get addressed at the earliest. I have tagged this post for Admins already. 

Please let us know your views on this layout. 

Edited 7 years ago
Reason: Edited Image link
First 1-20
21-23
Replies 21 to 23 of 23 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

So, did something change? The 'General and Off topic' threads appear to have been hidden again...

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Many of it is still work in progress dude, lets give Renie some more time.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

So, things are running in an experimental mode. Smile

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

That was fast Renie!!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

The new timer looks good! 120 119 118 117 116 ..... Smile 

It did happen a couple of times ( previously ) that I hit the edit button, make some edits and before I click the Update button, the page would redirect saying that the editing time has elapsed, loosing the edited content.

--

Now, let me see the time for which editing is allowed.

Edit : 180 seconds Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

One small suggestion: Add the link to IndiRank Stats ( http://www.indiblogger.in/mystats/ ) on the IndiRank page ( http://www.indiblogger.in/indirank/ ) People would normally expect to find their IndiRank on clicking the IndiRank tab. At one point of time, I did search a lot for finding my IndiRank not knowing that one can reach that page through the DashBoard.

Or better still, the IndiRank stats page can be displayed instead of the IndiRank Info page on clicking the IndiRank tab.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I think it is part of Dashboard and it should remain part of Dashboard.

First 1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread