Sponsored posts

Gaurab
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I tried to ask this in some of the threads but haven't got any answers. So, I thought about creating this thraed. 

Can anyone tell me what should one charge for writing a sponsored post ? or what is the amount companies would be ready to pay for the sponsored post ?

First 1-20
21-23
Replies 21 to 23 of 23 Descending
Nikita aka Njkinny
Nikita aka Njkinny
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

I got a request to write sponsored posts for two websites. One was an educational website and another a coupons website. The client agreed to pay me 2000 Rs. in 24 hours after I wrote and published the posts which I did but after that he hasnt paid me still. I have mailed him so many times and each time when I ask for my payment he points out some update in the post and keeps using flattery the other times saying how beautifully I have written the post and all. First, he gave me an excuse of his verification dept being on leave and then after many reminders he told me that the money would be transferred in 24 hours but nothing happened. What should I do? Should I again mail him or should I just take down the posts? It has been weeks and I have lost count of the number of mails I have written and the excuses he has given. 

Now it is more about the trust and ethics than non payment that has me angry. This company is untrustworthy and I dont know how many people apart from me they have duped in this manner. I spent a lot of time researching their websites and trying to bring to my readers an unbiased yet informative post. :(

Please guide on what I should do. Has someone faced a similar issue?

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

Name of the guy?

Pranjali
from bangalore/Karwar
9 years ago

Hey Nikita..R u talking about collegedunia website sponsored post. Coz u have mentioned educational website. I do not know, I may be wrong.

Because same thing happened with me..... and still I am waiting for that person's reply. He said me the same that he will transferred the money in next 24 hour but never got the payment.

Pranjali
from bangalore/Karwar
9 years ago

Hi Vijay,

I know that person's name. Would you help us to get our payment from him.

Nikita aka Njkinny
Nikita aka Njkinny
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

It wont be right to disclose the name right now but I want your guidance on how to deal with such a situation. I am fairly new in terms of writing sponsored posts. Can help you can give will be much appreciated. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

You should write only after getting paid or keep the post in draft till they pay

Nikita aka Njkinny
Nikita aka Njkinny
from Ghaziabad
9 years ago

You are right Nandini..Will keep this advise in mind in the future. :)

Pranjali, yes I was approached by this same person who approached you. We should follow Nandini's advise when dealing with people wanting to have sponsored posts written by us. 

First 1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread