indipolice failure raising concerns

Interesting melodrama being channeled, by a senior blogger. I am really wondering what concerns are being tried to be shown,and what acheivement one wants to portray.

when a post is put for a contest, failure to catch plagiarized content rests on indipolice, which they failed.

blocking the blogger, his post in the bud would have been called the most sincere and ethical thing, and there would be no embarassments.

why doesn't these people have the guts to say, yes, we failed on this front. and we assure this will not happen again.

one single nabbing has been done there can be many ,and many can come up again.

My feeling is onesided on this point : management should see it as its own shortcoming and try to instill confidence in contests.

All posts should be screened & blocked for plagiarism before voting starts.

once it is  passed it on the platform, it should not be mudslinged, causing utmost embarrasment for each and every participant.

friends plese throw in your views on this dilemma 

First 1-20
21-24
Replies 21 to 24 of 24 Ascending
tys
tys
from Sharjah
12 years ago

who are u guys talking about? Does this blogger have a name? Maybe name and shameing will be the best way to deter people from copying contents and claiming it as their own...i mean its ridiculously stupid if they think they can get away with it for too long..but i think as indipolice or any such moderators should investigate the whole thing, check the sources before they accuse or even endorse the readers view point...i mean the guy should be given the benefit of doubt untill proven guilty...

but if this can earn u 50k, iam beginning to rethink on my strategy of waiting for inspiration to strike me after my customary 2 pegs in the name of creativity..

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

there is enough evidence for proving guilty . you can check the link given by hemal .

Vineet Rajan
Vineet Rajan
from Mumbai
12 years ago

All original authors had been contacted and their views taken and published in full without edits. For the trust placed by all the bloggers and IndiBlogger this was highly infuriating for all of us! If we look at all the prizes won, it amounts to more than 1.5 lac. 50K was for just one contest. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Vineet, Gouri is of the view that this issue has come out because money is involved.

Request to give you an answer to him coz that it helps him understand. He too was a target for plagiarism.. on this thread he explained his situation.. this thread on plagiarism

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hemal, I believe I am keeping myself simple enough for a person of normal intellect to understand. Now where did you find me expressing that view? can you quote?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@Gouri this is what you said n this very post.

Do you mean to say that action is called for now because money is involved? That sounds more like a miser bania rather than a blogger!!!

Gouri
from Hyderabad
12 years ago

Hemal, from which angle does it give you the meaning that I feel "this issue has come out because money is involved". Don't you see the question mark there? Let me put it in a more simpler language especially for you:

Here is what I meant:

You mean to suggest that this action was taken because you missed the opportunity of winning those 50,000 because somebody else duped Indiblogger of it. If you mean that then, you are thinking from the perspective of a miser bania (portrayed in Hindi movies), whereas you should have been thinking like a blogger.

(I visualized myself as a primary school teacher while doing this rewriting for you. But I know I am not very good at that. So, my sincere suggestion to you: if you are not able to comprehend anything properly, don't shy away from taking help from anybody around)

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
hi pramod, understand the concern very well and indeed genuine. IndiPolice was formed to stop spamming on the forum and to guide the memebers to create a health environment. IndiPolice has been sucessfull in doing that in the past and am sure we will do that in the future as well. Yes, the recent span of events have dented the image of IndiPolice. Even i am ashamed of what happened and will apologize on behalf of all the IndiPolice. Mag, Mohan, Magali, Addy, and myself have been part of the IndiPolice for months and years. We thrived to make things right and have been cautiously monitoring the progress. What happened in the past one week has missed my eye and hence i am not in a situation to comment on this. But by and large, IndiPolice is only responsible for controlling the forum and the discussions and not for palgarism. Once again, sincere apologies to all IndiBloggers.
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago
hi pramod, understand the concern very well and indeed genuine. IndiPolice was formed to stop spamming on the forum and to guide the memebers to create a health environment. IndiPolice has been sucessfull in doing that in the past and am sure we will do that in the future as well. Yes, the recent span of events have dented the image of IndiPolice. Even i am ashamed of what happened and will apologize on behalf of all the IndiPolice. Mag, Mohan, Magali, Addy, and myself have been part of the IndiPolice for months and years. We thrived to make things right and have been cautiously monitoring the progress. What happened in the past one week has missed my eye and hence i am not in a situation to comment on this. But by and large, IndiPolice is only responsible for controlling the forum and the discussions and not for palgarism. Once again, sincere apologies to all IndiBloggers.

I am sorry Hemal, my point is that if any mistake has been done, one should learn lessons and march ahead. and try to find better answers to stop such things in future. mudslinging if seniors opt. it degrades the whole community altogether.

when anamolie was seen, the concerned blogger could have been mailed and asked to show reason or blocked and debarred.

I wish to see it a healthy place, one communion, though we may have differances and stick to them as one likes, but one should avoid pelting  stones and take to it as a last resort after all resources fail. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Pramod,

the Team had spoken to this guy and warned him to come up with an Apology. For IndiBlogger, to take this step is too big a thing. Its affecting their reputiation as well. They only took this step after they didnt get a favorable response.

I am sure Renie will have answers to these questions. And I agree with you Pramod, even we wish to see this as a healthy space for communication.

First 1-20
21-24
LockSign in to reply to this thread