Improve Your Visibility on Search Engines with Squidoo

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

As many of you know I have been raving about Squidoo. Squidoo ranks very high in the Google search. Imagine what it can do if you can get a link back.

Well, Su, Wandering Gypsy, Indian Pundit, Binary Day, Kabeeranban, Renie, Quirky Mon, Reveda. Go and see http://www.squidoo.com/Blogroll-India I have put your blogs in there (without your permission ofcourse, but I am sure you won't mind). I am in the process of putting up a few more (Adarsh Rao comes to mind).

Note that I have not ranked any blog - it is in the order in which I filled it up. You may vote for your blog or others' blog.

But the rest of you - you also can put you blog there. Or your friends. As long as th eblog is by an Indian. And not only that.  You can rate the blogs as per your liking.

Please let me know if you like the idea.

Please also note that this is not a replacement of Indiblogger. Indiblogger remains close to my heart.

Besides, you will notice that I have not put up my blog.

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: Updated text to attract attention
Replies 21 to 40 of 84 Descending
Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

it's the individual pages made by a squidoo member, i guess! Am i right?Undecided

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Absolutely ET. It is just a page, but since it focuses on one and only one subject, it is called a lens.There you go Khushi!

Renie, If I were a girl, I would have told you: "You are a darling". Wink And you got it bang on. It is an experiment. Frankly I am quite tired of seeing Indian bloggers languishing at the bottom of the heap. And I am hoping that this will make a difference. Let us see.

By the way, I get a lot of visitor through Indiblogger. Has anyone else observed this?

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

ET you are at number 1, man! With 5 votes. Su, you are at No. 2 with 4 votes. Just FYI

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I am obsessed or am I obsessed?

I check up the ranking twice a day. And right now it stands at 2513. Isn't that great? Has anyone noticed any increase in traffic or ranking because of this? Itmay be too early, but please do let me know if you see some movement. Thanks.

Oh by the way, 24 blogs but only 3 people have rated the lens!

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

No it's 4 people! ..NOW! Smile

You're welcome!Innocent

Rahul Anand
Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Good going amitabhji!

There are visitor's from indiblogger,that's right!

Oh yeah! and I think there is movement to my blog from the squidoo side as well!

All fine and great!!

Except that I have ec lab exams tomorrow :(

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Su, The Squidoo lens is just 3 day old - or is it 4? - give it tome  my dear friend. How did your exam go? Indi blogger gets me also heaps of visitors. So that makes me happy.

@ET all the best for your EC lab exams.

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Yeah! i got the point. so, i've been getting one visit per day from squidoo. SmileMy exam was fine. feeling so much better now. Tongue out

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

my my exam was totally disastrous!

Nalini Raj
Nalini Raj
from Toronto, Chennai
15 years ago

Hi Amitabh,

Can you add my blog too?

chennai2canada.blogspot.com

I tried doing it myself, but I was left hanging twice.............

Thanks,

Nalini

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Nalini,

It will be a pleasure.

Cheers!

Amitabh

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Nalini - it is done. But yoy still have to register (free) to Squidoo to be able to vote and ghive me *****'s.

Others, I have added a new feature to my lens. Every week I will take a blog and feed its RSS. This week I have taken from the top of the heap.  Take a look at the Featured Blog. (http://www.squidoo.com/Blogroll-India)

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

*Claps* to you..Smile

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Since I last posted the top of the heap changed rapidy. Have a look guys.

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

Too rapid!Laughing

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@ET, in any case your RSS feed remains for 1 week.

Rahul Anand
from Thalassery
15 years ago

all fine!

Sanjeev Mishra
Sanjeev Mishra
from Pune
15 years ago

Thanks for the information Amitabh, it is a cool idea.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

My pleasure Sanjeev.

There are some advertisements on the lens. In order that that does not repulse people who are against monteisation on Internet, let me explain how I am not directly benefited by the advertisements (I looked around to find this out).

There are two aspects of making money on Squidoo. (a) All clicks on advertisements go to a common fund. It does not come to me. So whether you click on the ads or not does not make any difference. 50% of the money through ads go to a common fund which is distributed to all lens masters (that would include me and a few 100,000+ other people) using some secret formula. I will let you know when I get the few cents Laughing (b) If some one buys books using the Amazon links (some lens master also put e-bay and zazzle links, etc) then that money goes directly to lens master.

Going by my experience almost no Indian (I say almost because I have bought a few books on Amazon, but I do not know any who do) buys on Amazon. So do not worry about me getting rich. Please submit your blogs and promote your blogs (for voting) without fear.

In case, you are good at selling, you could try to make a few lens and try to sell using the above mentioned modules.

I hope the above information helps.

Cheers!

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Just to inform you chaps - the lens now ranks at 1554. I hope there is some traffic flowing in.

ilesh
ilesh
from ahmedabad
15 years ago

i did

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in update. Was busy with the Airshow --- the business days have been hectic.

Ok here goes ...

43 Blogs submitted so far Laughing

Many comments - so that is good Smile

Only 4 people bothered to rate Undecided but all of them rated the lens at ***** (ever the opimist) Laughing

Ranked at # 1456 LaughingLaughingLaughing

Rest of you where are you?Surprised

Hashir Tufail
Hashir Tufail
from Unnao, Bangalore
15 years ago

@Amitabh,

saw your mail. will add my blog to the list today.... pakkaSmile

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Su,

From our business point of view I think I can call it a minor success. I think I will get new (at least two) customers.

From the spectator point of view ... there is an aerobatics display by Mig35, Su30 (hey! your name!), LCA (our team was at the heart of LCA when I was in HAL - some other time about this), Mirage, F-16 (Fighting Falcon), F-18(Supe Hornet), Typhoon, and a host of other aeroplanes. And oh yes there is a display of aerial refueling.

The static displays are alo good. You can see a couple of ancient planes.

Definitely worth a visit.

Remember to take your cap. It can become very hot. Drink plenty of water.

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

thnx a lot buddy! i'm goin today. :) it was an abrupt plan tho! hope to meet you thr! :)

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I saw the display Amitabh! It was mind blowing. I loved the Suryakirans and Dhruv.

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Oops! it wasn't Dhruv I wanted to say... it was Sarang! Embarassed

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

This is turning out to be an interesting experiment:

Approximately 40 bloggers have submitted their blogs. Each of the bloggers can exercise their voting rights at least 40 times (for self and others). That makes 1600 votes. That would also mean every blog would have been visited 40 times. If more join in the merrier.

Unfortunately, the total number of votes registered is only 83. Many haven't even voted for themselves.

This is unfortunate because on internet the only way to be visible to others is by visiting others and leaving comments and building network.

Think about it.

Hashir Tufail
Hashir Tufail
from Unnao, Bangalore
15 years ago

@Amitabh,

been there, done thatSmile

LockSign in to reply to this thread