8 years ago
Replies 201 to 220 of 372 Descending
Geo Jolly
Geo Jolly
from Kochi
8 years ago

This is not a contest! 

It is a marathon :D 

It will never make sense when we extend the dates. 

Saurav Biswas
Saurav Biswas
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I agree completely, please don't extend the dates!

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
8 years ago

I am really amazed by the hard work some of you have put in. So many posts, really a marathon. I really wish all of you good luck. I participated in a marathon contest for the first time. Am learning so much from all that is being written on the forum. I could manage only 6 posts, 2 were rejected, 1 accepted and the fate of the rest awaits....:)....Over all it was a fun experience. I wish everyone here good luck. 

Extension will be unfair to those who has given there 200% to be on the top places of leaderboard

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

There are Some people who ask for extension every time. With bizarrest reason. Instead of wasting time in asking for extension .You should busy writing post with still couple of days left .

Asking for  Extending marathon is Joke .People are reaching finishing line have exhausted all their stamina . .And you want to start now so that you can to catch up with them ? Wow .

Now like every time  , Even  my parrot was unwell. Still i am not asking for extension .

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Thank you for your reply, Renie. :)

Shravan
Shravan
from India
8 years ago

Are all the first 1000 entries approved?  I had submitted 7-8 entries well within top 1000 entries. Still I got emails about approval only for 4. Anyone?

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

I guess the  Moderation is not on first come first serve basis. So it may be possible that your last entry is moderated first or vice versa.

It is mostly random . Depending on different moderators are allotted different blocks etc 

So Shravan wait for while .

Shravan
prajakta sinha
prajakta sinha
from mumbai
8 years ago

None of my entries have been approved yet..no mail received yet for accpetance or rejection..I thought I would check the status here and then I saw the leaderboard and wowwwwww,some people have written almost 100 entries!!!! My God, no wonder the moderators must be having a tough time moderating them all! I could barely think 5 topics and here people have written almost 100! Kudos to all of you and may the best posts win :)

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

If IB had said that I should write 100 posts in 30 days I would have definitely given up. Instead I never kept track of the count and just wrote articles as and when some topic came to my mind. maybe at first the 20K or the car seemed like a big thing, but after writing 20-30 posts and seeing my name on the leaderboard, the money never mattered anymore

It was jus a race to the top in the marathon that was in my mind.

I think Atul and some of the other top leaders may agree with me on the voucher money point? right guys?

The funny thing is even being in 1 or 2, you can never rest easy. you know someone is always writing to beat you. Interestingly though we see only top 12 , pretty sure there are several who are just a single post  away or even tied at the same post count and hence below 12. The gap is continuously dropping and I'd kill to know the 10th position post count and the 1st position post count , but noone can know

Best part of all this, only 30-40 % of my posts have been approved with a sizable number still moderated. That's definitely going to be the googly in this  marathon :)

I have started adding commas even at the start of the sentences and ending of sentences in my post , so that Renie doesnt reject it for lack of commas :P ( Incidentally of my 40+ moderated posts, only one post was rejected , and reason given in email was  "punctuation marks missing" . Ada paavigala.. ithellam tooooo much :P.

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Hi,

Is there a way to check "nos of our entries submitted and accepted" thus far?

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Number of entries submitted is shown on the leaderboard when you are logged in. Number of entries accepted is not mentioned seperately.

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

no of entries = no of emails you received as "approved"

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

I submitted 2 post (when total post count was under 900) but I still haven't received any approval/denial for them. :(

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

just hang on. 900 is a huge no and it takes time to moderate so many posts

So whats the hurry

Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

Okie sir  :P Congratulations by the way!!! :)

Asha The Hopeful
Asha The Hopeful
from Mumbai
8 years ago

is there any limit to the number of entries we can submit in a day? :D 

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

I have got 196 posts ready. Considering that it takes about 3 minutes to submit a post, when should I start submitting? Tongue out I hope TC is not around, otherwise I may end up on the Newshour show with "Or-knob". Dhyaan se dekhiye iss hoarder ko

Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

OMG! are you serious?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Yes, Dipti, I am serious Cool However they are not on my blog; to access those 196 posts for moderation, the moderators need to be very good at mind reading rolling-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301949009

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

2 more, Jaideep sir, Tongue out and I will go to sleep. I have been refreshing the leaderboard page since more than half an hour now

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago

On Nelson now!! 111 Innocent

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Bushra was on 111 while I and Karthik were on 110 posts each.

I submitted a post to go on 111 but i was placed at the second position.

Karthik then submitted one and he overtook me and I was pushed down to the third position.

What is the criteria in deciding the position when 2-3 bloggers have the same number of posts is still unclear.

Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
8 years ago

I guess number of rejected posts play a part in it. At least that's what I've understood. If two bloggers have the same number of posts, then the person with less number of rejected posts stays on top. I may be wrong, but that's what I've inferred.

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
That's not the case because none of my posts has been rejected thus far.
Dr Srijesh
Dr Srijesh
from Delhi
8 years ago

how many posts can be submitted in a day ? since i m trying now, it says after 24 hours. 

since it is a marathon, should be allowed to submit any number of posts. why limit ?

Dr Srijesh
Dr Srijesh
from Delhi
8 years ago

Renie or the managers, kindly take off the limit for this competition. It will add on to more thrill to the marathon that is going on. 

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Why would u wait till the final day to post your entire collection ?

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Ppl either ask for contest extension or want limits taken off or something or the other. Rules were clearly specified from day 1 and given 30 days to post to your heart's content

and ppl still want to keep changing the rules for their benefit. :)

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

DS  :  I have been telling that from day 1. that the ranking order is strange. if u,me and atul are equal , I am ahead of both of u

but with Bushra and me being equal, she's ahead

I really dont know the logic. Its not alphabetical , nor the no of rejections , nor the time entry . So what is it ??

LockSign in to reply to this thread