WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 201 to 220 of 387 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
The thread warming up nicely just before the expected results date!!
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

every thread warms up before results and several times after the due date is passed UndecidedLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... and for some contests, after results, the threads get heated too much. Tongue out

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Haha! True that Nandini and Ranjith!! Lets hope that the results are out on time!
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

How many of you'll are using WeChat since the start of this contest ? Laughing

..... and how many of you'll will stop using it if you don't win a prize? Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I haven't even installed it. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Me too. Tongue out

Isha
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Me neither! Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I hope to see similar answers for IdeaCaravan contest when I ask : 'How many of you'll have seen the videos before participating?' Tongue out

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I am using it it is good.. I am not gonna stop using it. It is in some ways better to WhatsApp. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i chatted only in the two entries i did for the contestLaughing....oops i hope i dont get disqualified now Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Don't worry Nandini. They'll give you an S4 with WeChat already installed so that they can add one more member to their user base. Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ah but i want the mac pro Money mouth i dont mind s4 for my 2nd entry too LaughingMoney mouth 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I too want some prize. :((

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith, Since the contest - I've installed WeChat -- UnInstalled -- Installed again -- Finally lost my phone...

Now I really need an S4 Foot in mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

In that case, even I am ready to install, uninstall, install and lose. =))

Shashank
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I was using it before the contest started but it started slowing down my phone. Had to get rid of it. But then my phone is the ancient blackberry ... might give it a shot once I make the switch to android.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I was using it sparingly before the start of the contest... and I'm still using it wihtout any increase in intensity. The one that I use more frequently is 'whatsapp'.

Deepan Siddhu
Deepan Siddhu
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I'm using WeChat. It's way better than Whatsapp, IMHO. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It looks like I'm one of those rare people who don't use any chat software. * Sealed

* other than IndiTalk Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i dont use too....long back i used yahoo but its been years since i last opened it...i'm very unsocial these daysCoolLaughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I too remember chatting on Yahoo but after few days I've changed my status to invisible so that others don't send a hi message whenever they see me in their online list and after few more days, completely signed out of chat. Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

when some people send me chat messages on facebook and i block them up, esp old school mates ...Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You are really turning unsocial..... just like me. =))

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith @Nandini, People who are socially unsocial in online social media, are unsocially social in real life socials... Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sorry, I know only English. Wink

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I also know only Chinese Surprised

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I use both WeChat and Whatsapp... though I use the latter to keep connected with my son who is in London. WeChat is relatively new for me but I do have a few people there who keep sending some message or the other.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago
I hope the results for this contest comes out on the ET else even this would get postponed to 10 days
Deepti Gahrotra
Deepti Gahrotra
from Ilmenau
10 years ago

When is the result out anyway?? 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Either 2day evening or 2morrow Smile

Mamata Patil
Mamata Patil
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

Finally, Result Day Laughing

Rahul Ashok
from Kochi, Kerala
10 years ago

Yayaya!!! :) :D

Murtaza Ali
Murtaza Ali
from New Delhi
10 years ago

People seem so excited! Are the results out?Smile

Deepan Siddhu
Deepan Siddhu
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Not yet. It should be out tonight, hopefully Cool

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I like two additions here...

1. The 'last' button... it was always painful to reach the end of a discussion.

2. The 'edit' button... so many messages that zoomed into existence were full of errors. This can be corrected now.

Thank you, indi team. :)

Sirji !!!!!! When will the RESULTS be declared???????

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago
I was going to ask the same question!!!
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

We got the results folks, and we're verifying them now. Will keep you updated on the progress! Smile

Ganga Bharani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@renie- thanks for the update.. :) @ all- check ur blog stats and if u find a hit on the specific wechat post now u might be in the winners list :P ;)

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Thanks for the update Renie. This is one contest where every deadline mentioned has been adhered to, so far! Hope the results are declared before the day is officially over. Best wishes to all.
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Can we help in the verification to speed up the process? Innocent

Ganga Bharani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Shaumik- lol good one. 

Piyush Shrivastava
from Bhopal
10 years ago

Progress? I have refreshed the page a hundred times in the hour.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Sorry everyone... Results will not be out tonight. We found a few discrepancies which needs to be sorted out first. We've also found one plagiarist (so far). Frown

We're hoping we can announce tomorrow evening (Thursday). I'll post another update sometime around noon!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Another excruciating day! Frown

Pooja
from Nagpur
10 years ago
These plagiarists keep delaying the results!!
Shashank
from New Delhi
10 years ago

My old blog, which I thought was shut-down, is up again. And now, I have 2 exactly same blogs with exactly the same entry on for the WeChat competition.

I hope I'm not branded a plagiarist because of some confusion. :D

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Sigh!

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Delaying the result by a day or two does not really matter but we must not allow the plagiarists to have a laugh at the end of it all. Good work Renie.
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Totally agree with DS. I am ready to wait, if that ensures the rightful people get the awards.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Plagiarist? That's sad. It is a pesonal blogginga nd when one can't blog using one' own personal thought and idea construct, what's the point in blogging per se. Besids, how do people find time to read another posts and copy and have guts to submit as well. Sad that we work on an idea, slog and build a post and some one improvises that further and take the creative accolade away.

Renie pl confirm.

Madhur Chadha
Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

plagiarist? woooohhh...good that you caught him/her

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Why the plagiarist entered at the last moment?

Rahul
from Bengaluru
10 years ago

Not last moment.. Was always in the system, but now is rooted out :D 

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I guess for Renie and gang catching a plagiarist at the last moment is akin to a software tester catching a bug in the system just before it goes liveMoney mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Checking for plagiarism in around 70 winning entries is easier than checking 400 entries. Money mouth

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith makes sense. It is not efficient to check all the entries for plagiarism- the IB team has better work to do!

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

@ Prassana Rao - But once the bug goes into production there wont be much effect here but in real time Softwares , its going to cause operational and functional issues ;) :D

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Stephen- if the plagiarist is caught by Indibloggers after the results are announnced then there will be protests and outcry Cool

Ganga Bharani
Ganga Bharani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Any updates indiblogger team? 

IS the result coming out today????

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Waiting for a revert from the wechat team - not sure if it will come in today or tomorrow, will update as soon as we know!

Deepan Siddhu
Deepan Siddhu
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I agree with Rakhee. Keeping the posts private till the time the contest is closed, will definitely reduce Plagiarism. 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Not today folks - that's for sure. We're almost done though, so should be able to announce it tomorrow!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Another excruciating day? Frown

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Keep us updated Renie.
Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Renie, since there are so many entries in the contests. It may be a good idea to have a volunteer team of bloggers reading the entries and doing basic things like checking for plagiarism. Of course, they will not participate in that particular contest.

To ensure fairness in marking, the same blog post could be marked by three or more bloggers and the average taken to be the score.

This would help to ensure results are declared on time.

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

In fact, we could have something like Coursera's peer grading.

Your assignment marks is deducted by 20% if you don't complete the peer assessments.

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

:( I was expecting to see the results today :( :( This was the first Indiblogger contest I ever participated in!

KAKOLLU SURESH
from VIJAYAWADA
10 years ago

me too waiting irresistably for the result...Cool

LockSign in to reply to this thread