WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 221 to 240 of 387 Descending
Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It is definitely difficult for Rennie and team to work on getting the deserving bloggers to get the prizes.

Today, there are couple of other contest results are also awaited. Good luck all of you. May the best win

Everyone is waiting anxiously for results and I am no exception. Only that i am used to the delays.
Arpan Aravandekar
Arpan Aravandekar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

waiting for results.....

how much time it takes to declare results?

Ganga Bharani
Ganga Bharani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Is there any update on when the results will be up on the site? 

Bhakti Sharma
Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Since the results are not up as yet, guess we hve to wait until tomorrow or may be Monday!

Sumit Nangia
from Pune
10 years ago

Any Updates Renie ?

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

who is the plagiarist? :D

Saurabh Chawla
Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

and whom did hwe copy? sometimes same idea can creep in two different minds staying miles apart, so if the idea is same then its ok but if the post content is same alot, then its a matter of serious thinking.

Madhur Chadha
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

how can you say the palagrist is He?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I don't think they would consider it "plagiarism" unless a huge part of the content matches. And by "huge" I mean at least a few paragraphs, if not the whole post!

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

No person (even a plagiarist) is as dumb to copy paragraphs word to word. Detecting Plagiarism is indeed a tough job. If i were to plagiarize somebody, i wouldn't copy his/her stuff word to word, his ideas+his content in my own words is what i would actually produce! So do you think this is not plagiarism anymore?!!!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

The link that I just gave, where IB exposed that guy, he was that dumb- copy pasting the whole content. Even now, if you go to his blog, you would find copied content!

That being said, it's a very fine line too! Let's say for this contest, someone sees your post, and decides to include one or two guys from there. That way, if no sentences/phrases are being copied, there would always be a sense of deniability!

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Ofcourse the characters can be similar. Several people in this contest have used the same characters. What infuriated me was the copying of the dialogues(Creative n infamous ones)and the concept and idea of the post.......and thank you for that link, as i am new to Indie, i wasn't aware of it. Seriously, the biggest plagiarsit i have come accross! He didn't even mind manipulating the content....people!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Copying dialogues unless they are known quotes by the character would be truly unethical.

Speaking of that, if you suspect anyone copied your content, search here (www.plagspotter.com) with your blog post- it should give you a fairly detailed post.

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

O sorry Madhur, it can be both ways, he or she. My mistake :)

I wonder what is stopping the Results...today???

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Any fresh news, Renie?
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

I don't have an eta as yet. Frown There's a possibility of another delay until tomorrow. We're working on it though, and I'll post an update in a few hours once we're done!

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Thanks for the immediate response Renie. Much appreciated. Take your time but keep us posted. I will go to sleep now.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@DS - I'm already sleepingInnocent If you wake me up when the results will be out, I will be really thankful 2ULaughing

Saurabh Chawla
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Renie. aiting for results eagerly though, but still you are giving updates at your end :) keep up the good work :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Akash Do you want someone to disturb your sleep just to know the results! Tongue out

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith- Maybe Saturday's a holiday for Akash Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

:)).

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@SD @Ranjith - Ya, Saturday and Sunday's holiday for me. Don't you guys work 5 days a week?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@KB - I am still in college and it's 5 days for me too. But it's the summer vacation for me right now and everyday is like a weekend ;)

Ganga Bharani
Ganga Bharani
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Please dont make us wait till monday Inditeam :( Knowing that the result is ready the wait becomes boring:( Cry 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ganga - Waiting is really the best part... feelings like expectations + fear + thrill really enjoyable Laughing

After the results, eventhough you're a winner, everythings vanish. The same routine days........... I don't mind waiting till next Friday Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Dealyed results are an interesting part of IndiBlogger and I like them a lot. Laughing 

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

@Akash you're cruel :P

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

If I'm cruel, then how do you describe IB Team? Sealed

Canary
Canary
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Giving them benefit of doubt because there are couple contests going on, assuming they have their hands full with announcing results?

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I don't know how the IB team works, but announce the results of one contest at least!

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

During my Engg days , I used to wait for the results  like anything and now its the same feeling :P 

Ankit Chugh
Ankit Chugh
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Sighhhhh... when results shall be out? Cry

Nisha
Nisha
from Lucknow
10 years ago

Have refreshed the result page a 100 times now! It sure feels silly!

Although its relieving to see sooo many in the same position ;)

Rahul Ashok
Rahul Ashok
from Kochi, Kerala
10 years ago

When'll we get the results???? It's getting late!!!! :D ;)

I am getting tired of posting that WHEN WILL WE GET THE RESULTS...???

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

After dealing with all the plagiarists, those who made major changes to their posts after submission, and one post which was removed at the last minute, I think we're finally done! Smile Results should be out in an hour!

Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Yippie..Eagerly waiting!

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Thanks for the latest update Renie.
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Read what you wrote again, this time more carefully. Were there more then 1 plagiarists? And how does Indiblogger detect if there were major changes made to the posts after submission?
Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@DS- For plagiarism, try plagspotter.com.

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Many people edited their posts after submission, and Inditeam actually detected that? WOW!Cool

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

@DS - yep there was more than 1. Their posts should go offline in a day or two. To detect major changes, we used a screenshot service on all the posts - the same service we're using for the IBAwards!

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Renie- Which service do you use for the screenshots? I am just curious because I never got a good enough API for it. For manual screenshots, I use this -> http://ctrlq.org/screenshots/

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@SD Renie is using url2png.com.

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@R- that works, but is not free Tongue out

I think I need on work on one myself.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Congrats Bushra Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Congrats Bushra! Enjoy your Mac.
Isha
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Congrats Bushra! :D

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago

Congrats Bushra M.

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congratulations Girl!! Smile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank you guys :) This sudden adrenaline rush is just making me go crazy! 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Congratzzzzzzzzzzzz Guys!!!

LockSign in to reply to this thread