Anonymous Soul
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Replies 241 to 260 of 372 Descending
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

I still saw some changes from a few in the top5-7. posted this at 12.20 AM.

Hopefully they'll reject any post submitted after 12, though link is active

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

So Sarthak also rightfully gets his 10th place  :) Hopefully the moderation doesnt change the position much

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
I did the right thing yesterday, posted whatever I had written by 9 PM and then slept peacefully ☺ All the best to everyone, some hoarded the posts which kind of spoilt the fun a bit. Per day post limit is something that I would seriously look into from the next marathon.
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

true. a few of us had a strategy based on the max limt of posting and calculated accordingly

But it was raised to 120 which made us write further until the last sec

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
Was great fun participating in the first ever IndiMarathon, I'm glad that I could write 122 high quality posts all on the niche of my blog which is cricket. With the ICC WT20 coming, there is no respite for me.
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

If a blogger writes the best blog post and made best quality content across multiple entries, does he or she win both the Zicas? 

I am assuming this would be a base model. I am also assuming that the winner takes care of the car's registration cost, etc. 

Rajesh Kasargod
Rajesh Kasargod
from Mumbai
8 years ago

All top 10 above 100 post .WOW Hats off to your dedication . Bushra M  take a bow .Karthik can have sigh of Relief and Three cheers of "hip hip Hurray" from my side 

I am really sad for Sarthak  who was on leader board for most of last 30 days . Now he is number 11 . He will be in   top 10  after moderation.

Thanks to "Mr. BLANK POST" .

Now i read HACKER THEORY .Someone hacked into  his ,not  only  blogspot Account  but also indiblogger  Account , Especially for posting for this contest . must be really great hacker who is following this contest. As He decided to do it on last day . I personally don't believe you. I think it  is 'caught in act"reaction.

Amit Patnaik deserves the  credit for Thorough Investigation & proof collection. :-) 

Woah! Finally the marathon's over. Hats off to all the leaderboard winners for their unparelled spirit. I was there on the leaderboard for about 10 days but then couldn't meet up. And my dear Bushra, take a bow. You made us proud, kudos to woman power. :D All you top 12 people are an inspiration for all of us. :) Congratulations to each one of you. Loved being a part of this innovative marathon. Thank you so much Indi team & Tata Motors for this one of a kind opportunity! Cheers to all the bloggers on IB. :D

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

OMG! 3476 posts! It's gonna take like 1-2 months for moderation!!   :(

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

No, actually, they have been simultaneously moderating the posts all this while. So out of the total 3476 posts, some have already been approved/rejected. But even then, it may still take a couple of months perhaps (or may be more) to go through the rest of the unchecked posts (that's no easy taskTongue out) and hence for the final results to come out.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
8 years ago

Moderation... isn't evaluating a post. So reading to judge and come out with the names of the winners should take a loooooong time.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
It's official: Tata Motors rechristens #Zica as #Tiago https://t.co/BSPvJHzQuK
Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

In case they ask us to change the code , I need to do it 125 times. faints .....

bushra even worse. 150 times. lol.

Katie
from chennai
8 years ago

Smile

Aditya
Aditya
from New Delhi
8 years ago

@renie it would great if everyone could see his/her own rank like my number of entries

Srikanth Ramakrishnan
Srikanth Ramakrishnan
from Mumbai
8 years ago

Do we have to change the name in the post as well?

Amit Pattnaik
Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

See, how laziness can be a blessing at times! Tongue out I wrote just one post for the marathon, so even if I'm asked to changed the name in the code, it won't be much of a labour for me though I will still grumble (not that it's very taxing but for someone lazy like me, it would have been a bigggg deal had I got even one more post and so had to change the car's name in both of my submissions) :))

Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

Hi5! :D 

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Hi5 Laughing(**typo - if I'm asked to change the name in the code)

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Renie, kinda unfair that two of my posts have been rejected with the below reason :

"Posts which appear to be filled with words purely to meet the minimum word count while neglecting the blog's readers do not meet the quality requirements of IndiMarathons."

It wasnt a force fit nor neglecting blog readers. My post was on Top music Apps and i was quite surprised to see it being rejected.

I have blogged about technology and music and top apps before too for other contest.. i'll raise a ticket.can u kindly look into it . Thanks

Dipti
Dipti
from Korba
8 years ago

They should make a page where we can see how many posts have been moderated n how many people have received their vouchers. (Sorry for being impatient)

Vinayak SP
Vinayak SP
from Pune
8 years ago

I just got the mail that I got approved my entry... well what does that mean? What about other entries? How many got selected and where we can able to see results? 

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

It means, it is eligible for either Rs 350 (if submitted within first 1000 entries), or shortlisting for other prizes, or no prizes if not eligible. 

Regarding other entries, yes, you will get an email alert for that too.

Wait for some more time or days or weeks to know the entries selection and results Laughing.

Vinayak SP
Vinayak SP
from Pune
8 years ago

@HR Thanks for quick reply... cheers!!!

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

You are welcome. Bloggers' enjoyed around one month with this contest and now moderators' turn for a month or more Laughing.

Karthik Murali H
Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

Moderation is going on in full swing i guess

It would have been nice to know how much has been moderated and how much is pending, how many rejected/approved like Happy hours page

Indistatus has no entry for this too.. btw both my tickets are pending for 2 weeks now . though no response yet :(

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

You mean 'Marathon for Moderators' also :P

Good suggestion for entry review stats (on new concept of Marathon contest) but lot of work has to do for it (huge entries) compare to earlier IndiVine and HH stat (nominal entries) :P

Anoop Zombie
Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

ha ha .. yea this moderation is a nightmare :-) A lot of the posts are really good!! and if people can churn out such posts whether theres a marathon or not it might help. So did anyone feel that writing posts in such quntitities helped in any way? was there an increase in visitors or was it somehow fullfilling in a way or anything else?

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
8 years ago

after writing 125 posts , only thing that happened was my rank went from 65 to 36 , mozrank stayed the same :(

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Laughing little concern from me for this contest Moderators, of course.

Top 20 to 30 participants may tell it better about their posts and traffic etc. (I think all of them are taking rest for a month and might reply about it later or once result is announced :P). All top 10 fellows deserve a car each, at least Smile . Let God lift Bloggers in their life via IB too. Tata also should think about it Laughing.

Yes, it is useful to blog about this contest (though I wrote very less for this just to grab vouchers) and got reasonable votes / pageviews.

Few Bloggers’ commitment is like, once they published the post on blog and got the URL, they even never ever visit their own post Sealed. They are just very happy even when someone rare visit to their post / blog Laughing – Cloud 9 feeling here.

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@Karthik.. thats odd that your rank dropped that much .. frankly not sure what it is..

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@HR .. If only the world had that much money :-) One of the key aspects for us when trying to push the IndiBlogger community is that, marketing folk from other companies keep telling us that theres not enough content on all the blogs at times. For us to push in the high value deals we have to prove immense value. The expectations from them from such campaigns are that it should go viral in some way online. I dont think its impossible to get such high value prizes like 10 cars but we have to do our part in promoting and doing that bit extra and prove value or thats not going to happen any time soon :-)

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Laughing Thanks Anoop. Hahaahaaaaa…IB and Sponsors may not have enough money for this process but World actually have that much money and unfortunately it has trapped somewhere in a wrong place, most probably, so it affect us/all, as well :P

Guys, listen winning tips from IB / Anoop, also, as below;

Not enough content. 

Try to draft rich content, creative, nice presentation and on. SEO is an added advantage though not mandatory. Also, refer some earlier winning posts to get an idea and make sure ‘no copyright violation’.

Immense value. 

Yes, need to prove it by presenting each post with quality content accordingly. The terms and condition to be followed perfectly, and blogger’s terms and condition won’t follow by the moderators or sponsors in anyway. Don’t argue with them at a later stage despite writing a quality post.

Viral online. 

Try to follow the Digital Marketing concept. Use proper #hashtag to promote your blog posts at couple of social networking sites, on-time. The sponsor normally likes bloggers’ posts to be on Twitter, FB, Instagram and on. Don’t forget to use sponsor hashtag while promoting / advertising it. Try it.Additional tips, FB and Twitter are like online personal diary to show others that you are one of the ‘voice out’ personality. So, try to scrib as much as you can. Surprisingly you will get too much followers international level too, beside few argument, likes, dislikes, free promotes (re-tweets) and silly shouts etc. There are people who spend much time over there and you can turn your post to sponsor’s business too. You can create another account of social networking sites to promote these posts in case if you don’t like to promote them in your personal a/c.

I dont think its impossible to get such high value prizes.  Yes, it is possible to get such a high value prizes from sponsor, so, blogger's need to promote each post by doing little extra work or spend around 10-15 minutes to share it to get a big one.

Note: I  hope (personally) it will happen soon if bloggers’ filling the requirement of sponsors' target Laughing.

Anoop Zombie
from Bangalore
8 years ago

@HR .. Hey, yea those were the main points . Thanks for stripping them out :-)

In a way it reminds me that a few years ago, promotions on the platform were much more pronounced. For example, when we announced an event, the event would organically trend the previous day on twitter for example. These days that does not happen. We would also find people of different interests attend the event. These days it a bit toned down and we find some really good bloggers staying away. On the other hand very few of the people who attend write. So, in a sense we are not as effective as a community when it comes to promotions as we used to be. spreading the word of blogging is a crucial bit that cannot be left for granted. There was a time when people would attend just to show support for the community.

I am not sure when the next marathon type activity can run because it is a tough sell for us proving value to businesses that there is a lot of traction even if they arent "Hard selling" the product with just reviews etc. Basically when businesses target bloggers they expect a high value, which in a way is good, because for one thing, they see a HIGH value! :-) whether we deliver on that value or not is simply upto us.

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

Laughing Thanks Anoop. I didn't thought this casual response may go to such a continous and indepth detail...BTW...

Is it possible to auto-promote (via code/program) bloggers’ post to few social networking sites (G+, FB, Twitter etc.) while submitting and processing upon criminal record verification, for certain contest or all IndVine posts, if IB and Bloggers’ agreed it?

This successful first IndiMarathon is more than enough to show other sponsors’ to get some more contest as such in the near future. Why not international company’s sponsor for IB like Toyota, Hyundai, Honda and even higher companies (other product / brand too) beside Make in India.

Next, I may go to your ‘Anything’ thread. Have a nice weekend to all Laughing.

Shravan
Shravan
from India
8 years ago

Guys since moderation is in full swing now, can anyone tell me which vouchers are on offer? Amazon or Flipkart?

Amit Pattnaik
from New Delhi
8 years ago

@Shravan, unless otherwise specified, the vouchers are usually of Flipkart. 

HR
from Bangalore
8 years ago

IB has made us such a way that most of the bloggers’ are probably addicted to FK vouchers’ only, by default. So, voting system also possibly win FK favor only, I guess. IB may try it Laughing.

LockSign in to reply to this thread