HAIMANTI DUTTA RAY
from KOLKATA
7 years ago

Exceot just one, I think.

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
7 years ago

Thanks for the update Renie.Some of the bloggers here have worked really hard to make this marathon truly a marathon. Good luck to everyone who participated!

Sunita Sriram
Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
7 years ago

This was indeed the mother of all contests and really appreciate the hard working ants, the hard core marathon bloggers who never lost steam till the end, the team at IB who have to patiently go through the mammoth number...Herculean task no doubt..

Thank you for updating Renie. It was an utmost pleasure being a part of the biggest blogging caravan, the Marathon and the best part was that all my entries got successfully approved. Many congratulations to everyone out there who tops the chart. Hope the best people win Smile

Mayura Rao
Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Thanks for the update Renie, eagerly waiting for the big announcement. Good luck to all fellow bloggers!

Atulpriya Sharma
Atulpriya Sharma
from Hyderabad
7 years ago
Thanks a lot Renie for updating on this and opening this thread. We all are waiting for the announcement because everyone has worked to the best of their capabilities. This was my first event of it's kind, did mistakes, learnt a lot but most importantly met many like minded people who teach me something or the other from their posts. So here's to everyone who participated in the event and made it a huge succes ! *Fingers Crossed*
CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

This missed the deadline once again. Or is it that, since the line is dead, so no one cares for it, anymore? Undecided

Sarthak Brahma
Sarthak Brahma
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

I don't see how the results for this are going to be decided seeing that I haven't received any direct link hits nor indiblogger link hits on my blogposts....This one is going to be so out of the dark.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

So, June has ended and the first week of July as well. Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

This forum is also becoming a nagging zone and members aren't to be blamed for this... [Sigh]

Nihal Lazarus
Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
7 years ago

We're waiting for the final update on the winner list from the team at Tata. A core member of their team is on leave and we've been told that they will be back to work within the next few days. We will update this thread again at the end of the week, by when we should have more clarity on the winner announcement.  Thanks for your tremendous levels of patience! 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

This is one update that a lot of people are waiting for... :)

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
7 years ago

Well, this is a lousy way to start a Monday but we don't have any good news as yet. Unfortunately Tata is crawling on this at the moment - the update I have from our team is that Tata is "starting to look like a government office". Undecided

We'll continue to put pressure on them, and we'll update this thread as soon as we have the next update.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

That's ok, Renie. Waiting is unimportant so long as the results are declared. :)

Snazzyawi
Snazzyawi
from Mumbai
7 years ago
I had worked with TCS & yes they work like gov. companies. Its not a wonder if they take another 1 or 2 months.
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
7 years ago

Renie, it looks like the only solution to such repeated callousness from brands is to acquire goodies/vouchers/whatever (by IB of course) from them in advance and reserve the headache of distribution. I wish this could be a feasible approach! [Sigh] 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

Even the government offices (at least some of them are) have started working in a professional way, ever since something called Citizen Charter was introduced in some of them.

This is UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE! And this is not the first time it's happening here. We have FatCat as an example. Don't recall others, since I am quite new to this contest participation thingy.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
7 years ago

wow... YOU participated??

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Guys, relax!!! It was a marathon not a quiz contest and the prizes are as big as #two cars". It may take some time. Have patience. Check the dashboards, the winners are apparent. Cheers! 

DS
DS
from Mumbai
7 years ago

I can understand the problem that the high profile 'babus' at Tata Motors must be up against. It is certainly not an easy job to decide the Car winner by reading through 1200 odd posts of the top 10 in the dashboard. Certainly, a blogger from the top 10 will win the car if I'm not mistaken!! Now they can't give the car to anybody who is not deserving and to check that is a huge task. Out of the top 10, some might have only quantity and no quality.

I guess in contests like these, it's best that IB takes the matters in their hands, goes through all the posts and awards the big prize to the most deserving blogger. Because, brands can't be relied upon to make a fair choice as their full time employees neither have that much time nor the understanding or expertise to sift diamonds from coal.

TechChumz
from Bangalore
7 years ago
This is a question I had put to IB because I too saw a high standard of judging by IB just one example of which is the Indipattanis for Made of Great. But IB, specifically in the ask me anything thread has said that this is just not possible. While I agree with you that going through tons of posts is difficult, going by my past experiences, the judging by anyone who is not IB is highly likely to be causing some heartbreak. Luckily, now we also have Happy Hours and Indispire, so I guess the results will be tolerated though maybe not appreciated.
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

It isn't necessary that the 'car winners' will be from the top 10 on the dashboard, buddy. I think they did talk about the quality of post, the consistency in quality, and the relevance of the text.

The top 10 are anyway walking away with a bonanza. But then, it is always the best post that wins in an indiblogger contest, right? :)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
7 years ago

Brands can't be relied upon to make a fair choice? Really? The brand we are talking about has professionals of the highest calibre and integrity so I think we must have faith on whatever formula they may have... it could be a combo of relevance to the brand + creative expression + seamless integration of pictures and videos etc to the text + frequency + ... well, I guess they will know how to get at the best criteria for judging. After all, it is their brand that matters most.

DS
from Mumbai
7 years ago

Consistency in quality? How do you define that? One great post out of one submitted is 100% consistency while 95 great posts out of 100 submitted is 95% consistency.

Who would you give the prize to? I would give it to the one who wrote 95 great posts even though it could be technically argued that he/ she was less consistent.

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
7 years ago

Reading all the discussions here made me write a poem....All in good humor.....Do stop by and read friends.....and just smile.......किस्सा गाड़ी का...         - http://istoppedtosmellarose.blogspot.com/2016/07/blog-post_22.html

CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

This is not a good place to share your stuff, especially when hundreds of bloggers are eagerly waiting for results of this contest for past 4 months.

Sunaina
Sunaina
from Edison
7 years ago

@CyberKID...., I did not mean to share 'my stuff' here.....As I said it was all in good humor.....But sorry to have offended you or anyone else here.....I too had participated in the contest, and I truly appreciated the awesome reponse bloggers gave to this marathon. 

Sunita Sriram
from Bangalore
7 years ago

Loved the spoof on the anxiety caused by contests!

Karthik Murali H
from Chennai
7 years ago

@Sunaina , we are not offended by your link. its just a rule not to post blog links in threads

thats all :)

CyberKID
from India
7 years ago

Well put, Karthik. Thanks. Sunaina, actually rules are rules, and we have to follow them. Had your link added something productive to the discussion, no one would have flagged, but since it didn't, I raised it, that's it. I hope you understand.

LockSign in to reply to this thread