New Contest - Knowledge is Great

If you could Study/Specialize in any subject of your choice in the UK, what would it be? Where? and Why?

For more details: http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=98

YAY!!! I got a chance to create a contest thread

Replies 41 to 60 of 115 Descending

Hee hee... Laughing I submitted an entry to this contest totally irrelavant Tongue out in the sense... I thought it is all about to write on "Knowledge is Great" and absolutely missed to see this one "If you could Study/Specialize in any subject of your choice in the UK, what would it be? Where? and Why?" placed only on the header image. Undecided

Admin, you could have given a mention on the contest rules Frown Anyways... Just another article for my blog... Is there a way to delete the submission? Wink  People are going to ROFL when they read it. Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think you can edit the post until tommorow i.e deadline

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why do you want to delete the existing one? Just submit the new one. ( Multiple entries are allowed )

If you want to delete, contact here

Rutavi Mehta
Rutavi Mehta
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This would be my first post for Indiblogger contest as others say. I dun NOT like posting a blog just for the contest purpose. But since this topic interested me, so i thought I would definatly write about it. As UK was one destination that I always wanted to go fro studies. Even after having scholarship of 80% , my foks didnt not allow even after regular request from principal due to conservative mind. 

But today with knowledge sharing as I always say, I have learnt to live my dreams through photokatha.

Let me know your thoughts on my post.

Nice talking to you all and I did read some post from you all to tae an understanding about how blog post as written for a purose :)Kiss

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Glad to know that they are not extending the contest :)

The email confirmed that Laughing

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

which email?

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

The one we recieved last night about the contest (1 day left to submit your post for Knowledge is Great)

They never extend a contest after sending those mails, I guess.

true, that email got me in action.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

One small query..the contest topic specifically says "if you could study in UK..." so does that mean you cannot write another person's story (fictional or non-fictional)?

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

In my opinion,we can write about us, friend, neighbour, and neighbour's dog, as long as its about study at UK. Indicontets usually are very open about the scope of the subject. So don't worry, write about anything relevant to study@uk.

Kapil Chauhan
Kapil Chauhan
from Ghaziabad
10 years ago

Thanks Saket.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

knowledge Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

is greatSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Cool

at last posted my take.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

Managed to submit an entry for this contest... and yes, I've written about the University of York.

submitted before 11.58 :-)

Submitted at 11:59.... Wanna go to Oxford!!!

sure sure,

Sanket
Sanket
from pune
10 years ago

me too submitted two entries.. This is my first time to submit an article entry for any contest.. I dont want prizes .. but hope this will help improve my writing skills.

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I have a VERY VERY short take on this one (n terms of word count)... Cool

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

And obviously great to see the submission link being disabled exactly at midnight :)

Meghana
Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

222 entries Surprised

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Now it shows 223 posts :O

I thought it would have 100 something entries. This is overwhelming!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats quite a good number for a boring topicTongue out

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Unlike the platinum contest, all the entries for this contest are short and sweet. So can we expect the results to be in earlier for this contest Tongue out

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I don't think so :P

Read a couple of posts and could not fail to notice a similar pattern among them. God bless the judges :D

Saket Kalikar
Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Initially I had thought this one would be difficult to handle. My all contest posts have fixed characters- a young boy and a young girl in love. Somehow, this subject wasn't very suitable for the fixed characters as I could not make them studyFoot in mouth. At last I made them talk about studies. Glad that I didn't miss this one.Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yea topic was ...............Undecided had to scratch my head a lot on what to write..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You should have killed them at the end Undecided

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

LaughingLaughing

Amar Naik
Amar Naik
from Ponda/Bangalore
10 years ago

put my real life experience for this contest. kings college london :)

220 posts !! I think everybody has participated but me Frown Going through a tight work schedule for the last couple of months Sealed. Some of the posts are really well researched .

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

....and with this contest begins my month of inactivityCool Miss the fun but sometimes, i guess it's worth it!Smile Now i'll participate only if there are chocolates as prizesInnocentUndecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why? Innocent

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Top secretTongue outCool

u won enough? SurprisedTongue out

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

when cadburys didnt give us chocolates...who else are you expecting to give chocolates?Undecided

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago
\u won enough? 

Lol! That can NEVER happen!LaughingFoot in mouth A bit caught up in Sis's wedding Smile

I have a feeling some sponsor will soon be giving chocolate hampersWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

ok Innocent

Sunsilk will give chocolates made with their shampoo Money mouth

riddhisharma
riddhisharma
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Chocolate shampoo will be so bubbly! :P  I liked the topic surprisingly... :) 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

it'll be sticky not bubbly...a mess with ants crawling all over our hairUndecided

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
10 years ago

I have read a few submissions and reading people talking of their dream to study subjects like astrophysics, paranormal psychology, creative economics and even sustainable architecture is so heart-warming. There are also those who admit that 'it is my interest that’s important here not my history.' I completely agree... and I'm glad not everyone wants to do some course in literature or management... and not everyone has gone over-board and actually written a glorified promotional pamphlet on the college or university of their choice.

So there are bloggers who have taken the topic seriously even though they may not be anywhere on the popularity ratings on indiblogger and may still be sitting with a like or two coming their way.

Saket Kalikar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your observation, Mr Passey. Look like you have dug deep into the contest entries.

I too noticed that a few pearls like the ones you have mentioned above, weren't high on the popularity-chart.

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

We all know that indivotes don't matter... so Innocent

Nandhini Chandrasekaran
from Chennai
10 years ago

Yes, a few entries were truly wonderful.

It was a surprise to come here today to see you quote a line from the post I've written. A small joy :)

When Indiblogger introduced such contests, the results were based on the indivotes. A high ranking blog would obviously hit the top as 1like gets multiplied according to the blog ranking. Fortunately they took that off soon, so indivotes doesn't matter anymore to contests now.

LockSign in to reply to this thread