How did you choose your blog/website name?

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Name of the blog is something which is sure to set first impression about a blog.

All of us have some reasons behind the name which we chose.

Sometimes the title matches exactly with the blog content. Sometimes it is just the username.

Many of the bloggers did not get the username which they want because it will be already taken.

Can the bloggers share

1. Your blog name (ex. yourblogname. blogspot.com)

2. The reason behind the selection of the blog name

3. Did you get the blog name which you desired to have?

4. Have you ever changed the blog name and why?

5. Have you ever felt like it is not the right name for the blog?

Interesting answers are sure to provoke many a blogger minds to chose better or rather suitable blogging names in future.

Replies 41 to 46 of 46 Descending
Ashwin Baindur
Ashwin Baindur
from Pune
13 years ago

Ah, I'm interested in butterflies & I suppose it was a take off on the "Motorcycle Diaries"

Rohini
Rohini
from Bangalore
13 years ago

http://aldebaran14.blogspot.com

The choice of the URL is explained in my Blogger profile. Aldebaran is the 14th brightest star visible in the night sky. The word for the star in Sabskrit is my real name. :)

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
13 years ago

Hi,

1. My blog name is "Sugarfree". 

URL:  http://swetatiwary.blogspot.com/

2. The reason behind the selection of the blog name?

In this blog i share my thought and views on things around me and some old memories & stories. I want to share all good and sweet things here but with no nonsense intention. so i felt Sugarfree will be the best name. As the Sugarfree gives sweetness, minus the disadvantages of sugar.

3. Did you get the blog name which you desired to have?

-----yes

----never changed

5. Have you ever felt like it is not the right name for the blog?

-----Never

Thanks,

Sweta

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
13 years ago

1. My blog URL ( http://addyrocks.blogspot.com ) Name The Addy Brainwave2. The reason behind the selection of the blog name: Why? I made this blog long before I even wrote a post. Everyone had a "blog", everyone was "blogging". So I tried to explore this world of blogging and created my blog. That time had nothing in mind so just randomly named it addyrocks! It was just experimental initially.

then one fine day, I had a "Brainwave" that I should "Write" so I woke up reached my keyboard and typed "The Addy Brainwave" as the title! URL same as before. Cause Addy still rocks Cool 3. Did you get the blog name which you desired to have? I don't know if I desired this, but I guess my brainwave like it! *What say buddy? you like it?*  Yeah he says he loves it. Smile4. Have you ever changed the blog name and why? My brainwave won't let me I suppose, but why change it? He is happy with it! Undecided5. Have you ever felt like it is not the right name for the blog? NO!!! My brainwave would have me put to death if I ever has such though cross my......well....umm.....brainwave!  Surprised

Indiaspirituality
Indiaspirituality
from Mumbai
13 years ago

1. Your blog name (ex. yourblogname. blogspot.com)

http://indiaspirituality.blogspot.com/

2. The reason behind the selection of the blog name

My Blog covers topics related to Indian Spirituality. It covers lives of Great saints of Indian Origin, Inspirational Quotes, prayers, meditation, yoga, spiritual q and a, spiritual wallpapers (not of great quality - developed by me) and has daily spiritual quotes by 4 gr8 masters. Occationaly I blog on hinduism.

I think Spirituality covers all these topics, Hence the name Indiaspirituality3. Did you get the blog name which you desired to have?

I was trying for Indianspirituality, but It was not avaiable, so i went for Indiaspirituality. There were some other names which i considered, which i think would be helpful to other spiritual bloggers:

mudfish: It lives in muddy water, but no mud sticks to It. i.e. to live in samsara without being attached to it. (taken from Sri Ramakrishna Jivan Charitra)

white lotus: Lotus is born in thick Mud (kichhad) but still, no trace mud is on its petals. White stands for Purity.

Golden Lotus: Gold in esoteric terminology stands for materialization. Every Yoga school teaches one to develop a golden body i.e. body with golden aura. Gold is a spiritual energy which is only found in the aura of advanced yogis.

Honeybee: Honey bee only sit on beautiful flowers with fragrance and extracts nectar. So it has the habit of extracting essence. Another bees sit on rotten flesh, in gutter and also on flowers. Attracted by the divine fragrance of God and Guru, a person sits patiently, fully absorbed and concentrated (like honey bee) in front of a Guru and extracts his essential teachings (nectar/honey).

No. No Need5. Have you ever felt like it is not the right name for the blog?

No.

Vee
Vee
from Minneapolis
13 years ago

My blog name is Psyche's Visage - http://psychesvisage.blogspot.com/

It's a hard name to remember or pronounce. I don't remember what made me name my blog so, but yes, I didn't have to think twice to go ahead with this name.

Psyche means the innermost self or mind. And, I wanted my blog to be the face of my personality and my thoughts. Hence the name Psyche's Visage.

Although I know that having a complex blog name is a deterrant in many ways (one thing is, the easy your name is the easier it is to remember). But the stubborn side of me doesn't let me change the name.

~Vee...

LockSign in to reply to this thread