How did you choose your blog/website name?

subups
subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Name of the blog is something which is sure to set first impression about a blog.

All of us have some reasons behind the name which we chose.

Sometimes the title matches exactly with the blog content. Sometimes it is just the username.

Many of the bloggers did not get the username which they want because it will be already taken.

Can the bloggers share

1. Your blog name (ex. yourblogname. blogspot.com)

2. The reason behind the selection of the blog name

3. Did you get the blog name which you desired to have?

4. Have you ever changed the blog name and why?

5. Have you ever felt like it is not the right name for the blog?

Interesting answers are sure to provoke many a blogger minds to chose better or rather suitable blogging names in future.

Replies 41 to 46 of 46 Ascending
Magali Vaz
Magali Vaz
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I don't think the url (yourblogname.blogspot.com) needs to be the same as your blog name.

My blog url is http://www.magalic.com/  

My blog name is Life etc.

Not sure if I ever plan on changing it, but at least not in the immediate future.

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

What you said is right. URL need not be same as your blog name.  There will be some reason for chosing your URL. In your case the URL is magalic, which is simply your name and I assume 'c' is your initial.

Many people have different ways of arriving at a URL. I was just curious to know about the way the thinking goes and hence started this topic

Himanshu
Himanshu
from Delhi
14 years ago

Well, i didnt have too much of a choice in choosing my blog address. everything i liked was already taken up, so i had to settle with hshekhar.blogspot.com as my name is Himanshu Shekhar.

But i had my way in the title of my blog, which is RAGE!   It signifies my angst for the situation in which my nation is. I write everything concerning our policies to politics in my blog.

Regards

http://hshekhar.blogspot.com

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Many of us land in this problem. The URL will be already taken. But yes, we have control over the title of the blog. 

My blog name is www.sunilspeaks.wordpress.com

I normally write here what i want to speak out to the world. It may be abt my personal life or abt the happenings in the society. Simnply, its a boy next door outlook on the happenings around him.

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

That is a nice blog you have there !!

pundit
pundit
from Oslo
14 years ago

I did this many years ago (8--9!), so my memory is foggy. I wrote down numerous names and started at them until what I wanted jumped out at me. The choices were (then) for a journal of a geek accurately cataloguing events in his life. (It has evolved somewhat since then!)

The choices included:

blogarhythm, infinitely void, free mind, infinitely inquisitive, wandering mind, actuality.log, static eccentric, dynamically static, harsh reality, event.log, unreality, curiously alone, some assembly required, comprehensive comprehension, built from source(s), need to know, uncharacteristically chatty, curioCity.

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

One of the best methods to find a suitable name is to write down the names which comes in ones mind and then finding the best one by reading them again and again.

Your indiblogger username is very meaningful, No wonder why you chose this method.

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

Now since you have replied, let me get some other details too...LOL

I realised last year when i used to have a public blog that there are things in my life which i am not fine letting everyone know. I am not an introvert but there were times when i was pissed at my friends and frustrated with what i had said/did and not everyone was a welcome there in. I found a blog which i have quoted below. The posts and the idea behind it inspired me to become anonymous. If you like, you can make a visit and its worth it. The blog is just awesome and i needed the freedom to write freely.....

http://tovadarling.blogspot.com

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Hi Garf. That blog is simply too good. The writing approach taken by the author makes the reader really inquisitive and make them all returning visitors.

Wonder how the blogger arrived at the blog name tovadarling. It sounds quite apt for the content too

Garf
Garf
from Somewhere in India
14 years ago

Mine is http://garfsecret.blogspot.com

I decided to post anonymously which gives me the freedom to express myself. I love garfield and its a secret blog that i am having. So..garfsecret.

Yes i got it at the first go. I won't be changing it ever. I never can feel that wouls say the name ain't correct. :-)

subups
from Thiruvananthapuram
14 years ago

Being anonymous for freedom of expression !! Well quite interesting reply to start with.

No one might have guessed these as the reasons of your blogspot name.

I just read your blogspot name and thought for a moment what could be reason behind this choice before reading your reply. My guess was wrong since I though Garf was your name rather than the short form of garfield.

Interesting blog you got there, more a kind of your personal diary.

LockSign in to reply to this thread