Do girls get more comment then boys, because of their gender?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Some days back a friend commented that, female blogger always get preference then male blogger. I thought let me ask the same to the bloggers itself and find out what they feel. Smile

"Do female bloggers get more comment then male blogger, because of their gender?"

Replies 41 to 49 of 49 Descending
Prateek Varshney
Prateek Varshney
from Hyderabad
13 years ago

@Shreya - tremendously borin :( . . very sad to hear tht :P..

and on " girls don't enjoy serious posts"  . . i nvr told like this :D.. may be girls like all our posts(few posts for sure ;) ) but they dont want to comment on tht :D. . .

between,I wish guys could rite as better as u,i mean as better as gals :P . . .

@Paramvir-

"males are probably more in number browsing around" . .   Agreed !! Even i feel the same .... :)

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

If girls gets votes than what are Pallav and Lashmi Rajan? Are they pretty girls??? They  topped the contest ...

As for me most of the supporters of my blog are people who interact with me. We share some of our interests and also discuss through topics by mails. No one has ever visited my blog because I am a woman and left comment which would be called irrevelant to the post. (Leave alone the youngistaan ka wow Post though. There the commetors said things just to increase the number of comments.)

May be people are partial to me or what? LOL. I have checked out most of the popular indiposters and honestly I sort of envy their talents.  Most of the high ranked indibloggers have good blogs running and the topics are good too. Some people are very supportive and go out and reach to the bloggers who comment for them.. this makes others visit their blog again and again.

Blogging is not easy like fast food. It takes effort along with content to become popular and gain readership.

Utsav Chakraborty
Utsav Chakraborty
from Navi Mumbai
13 years ago

@ Farida

So you're saying that building a network counts but actual content doesn't...

Because that's exactly what happened in this month's Indiblogger. Mediocre bloggers scratching each others backs while the good ones (I'm not even considering mine here) didn't even get a pat on their backs.

C'mon, how else would a horribly written blog - 'Megzone' get more votes than 'Khamba's blog'?

We have a similiar discussion going on here:

http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/topic.php?id=5091

Feel free to join in. :)

Raghu V N
Raghu V N
from Thrissur
13 years ago

I do not know much about this subject but, I am writing 59th reply for a post from a girl, isn't it??

Farida Rizwan
Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
13 years ago

When you are into group activities, building a network counts. But then how long do you think you would keep reading and scracthing someones back just because they visit you and leave behind a stupid comment? So content cannot be ruled out at all.

Utsav - you have done great job on blogging and you have awesome comment collection on the youngistaan post but then you cannot pass remarks on anyone as good or bad. Megzone has good blogs in her collection. I had been to Khamba's blog but I could not get hooked onto it .... may be I landed on the wrong post. Just because of that I don't have right to say Megzone is better than Khamba or her blog is better than his.

I found few unknown very good bloggers who have gone unnoticed. I saw your other post too where you have teased bloggers about their grammar. I try to stick to proper grammar most of the time (I am not a teen LOL) but then we have developed internet lingo nowadays and things are acceptable in some circles.

I agree with your arguments but what I do not agree is the way you are mentioning names and talking -ve points about a blog. I envy Pallav for winning the contest (off course I would want to be there) but I cannot deny that he has wonderful way of writing and his style is quite different and unique. I have never checked for his grammar though.

I am not trying to defend the bloggers you have been pointing out but then this may start a unhealthy discussion on the board where people may start pointing each others mistakes and then it will turn into high school kind of cliche thing.

I am just saying, knowing you have every right to do what you feel is right for you. Just think this over. Best of luck for your blogging.

No hard feelings please.

Robinsh Kumar
Robinsh Kumar
from Allahababd
13 years ago

content attracts the readers to say something not the authors.

Abhinav
Abhinav
from Osaka city/Japan
13 years ago

It is possible.As u know guys like to go and try to chase out every new face they see, especially a face which attracts them.Tongue outThus a female blogger stands a much better chance to get more attention among others. I thing this fact is true not only for blogging, but in many other fields of life.Build Muscle Burn Fat

Satya Prakash
Satya Prakash
from Patna
13 years ago

comment also depends on what you have written. Controversy related post creates more comment. Example: my one blog http://satya-weblog.com is getting 1000 visitors each day but very less comment. As I try to write a complete post so nothing to say much. and that are tech so people either get help or not. they leave after their work is over. 

and, about girl. I feel people will be more interested in blog when he says that it is girl's blog. Then he may read the post or not but he may likes to communicate. so chance is better getting comment in this way. 

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
13 years ago

Yes, this has been debated again here..

Its true that Girls do get more comments in Numbers.. Trust me they do.. Only they have to say that they are a gal and see the comments sky rocket... but yes, content is important too.. for sure..

the answer is that if a gal and a guy wrote exceptionally well and a lot of parameters are same, the probability is much more that a Gal will have more comments than a guy. I have seen that happening.. So without any doubt, this thing exists and you know what, Guys are at the fault here.

LockSign in to reply to this thread