Do girls get more comment then boys, because of their gender?

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Some days back a friend commented that, female blogger always get preference then male blogger. I thought let me ask the same to the bloggers itself and find out what they feel. Smile

"Do female bloggers get more comment then male blogger, because of their gender?"

Replies 41 to 49 of 49 Ascending
P.Brain
P.Brain
from Pune
14 years ago

hmmm maybe someone should start a gender neutral blogging site, just focusing on pure blog content  rather than who writes it.

But on the other hand dont we all need our biases while reading a blog/book/article.

Once we make up our opinion about someone i think we read just for the love of the author the content comes secondary.

Savvy
Savvy
from Kolkata
14 years ago
Hm.m interesting. . . . . Definitely content is king. . But there may be some harmone malfunction as addy pointed out earlier
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

not malfunction that is the function! Tongue out

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

well most of the girl bloggers are very talented even more talented than most of male bloggers..m not so much active on english blogs but i have seen this trend in most of the  hindi blogs where you will find female blogger are much talented than male bloggers....but this dosesnt mean that we(male) bloiggers are not talented, its just the fact that some female bloggers are slightly more talented than us :)

very few of girl bloggers are talking crap in their posts..atleast i have observed this...

sweta tiwary
sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

hahahaLaughing this discussion is becoming very interesting.

keep it going guys.

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I don't know about "Quality" I am a newbie and consider myself too small to categorize other bloggers work! (this would be inhuman).

I personally prefer taste, what I like and enjoyed I comment there............what does not belong to my taste, I refrain from commenting (as it is not my domain, so I am no one to say anything) but sometimes you just have to let the person (blogger) know about his/her awesomeness, one should always do that!

And gender biasness........maybe some male bloggers are biased, maybe; all blames on their hormones, not their reading/blogging skills though! Smile

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

you have answer for everything addy Smile

and its harmone's miskate... too good Smile

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

oh its hormone's..... sorry for the typo Smile

Anik Ghosh
from Bhubaneswar
14 years ago

@Addy - Agree with you on both the points.

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@ Sweta 

well.....I amaze myself everyday! 

Addy
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@ Anik

Thanks!! nobody does usually!

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

and i agree in some cases female blogger gets more comments....but not in all cases

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

i think this shouldnt be the case that we should only give comments so that other can comment on our posts....

i think we should give more priority to quality of posts than comments...

blogging should only be done for post quality, what we exactly think about particular things and what we want to express through our blogs....this should be the sole reason behind blogging...comments are essential but secondary...primary thing is quality of posts

Abhishek Kumar
Abhishek Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

mere khayal se agar quality of post achha hai to aapko achhe comment aayenge..

jo log ye dekhte hain ki blog kiski hai male ya female...they just dont know the blogging thing...

we should comment and appreciate the post which is meaningful, expressful and good...

Rachana Agarwal
Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
14 years ago

Hi Sweta,

I think it is totally absurd comment. People get comments on the quality of content, popularity of subject matter, relevance of opinion and expression.

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
14 years ago

Hi Rachana,

I replied tha same to my friend. But then we are girls so people can think we are biased.

lets see what the guys have to say Smile

Rachana Agarwal
from Noida
14 years ago

I am also curious to know the reactions.

Sriram R
from Mumbai
14 years ago

I agree with you. Content is king in the long run. 

Pranab Chatterjee
from Kolkata
14 years ago

i will say this much: i read tons of blogs everyday, but ahem, it just so happens that the blogs i most frequently comment on are written by gals.

LOL

LockSign in to reply to this thread