Time for IndiRank to be upgraded - need ideas!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Bloggers! Now that we've completed a revamp of IndiVine, it's time for IndiRank to have an upgrade as well. Here are a few ideas I have as of now:

• We create a dashboard for every blogger (in their account), where they can see detailed info on their IndiRank.
  • This detailed info will include customized tips on how to improve IndiRank - based on the values picked up by our crawler.
  • We'll include the previous IndiRank - with graphs to show how a blog's IndiRank has changed over time, and why.
  • We'll show a countdown timer to the next update.

Any other ideas? Smile

Replies 41 to 60 of 66 Descending
Tikulli
Tikulli
from Delhi
14 years ago

This is a great move . I loved the page and hope that my ranks will improve. Been stuck at 81 and 75 for long ..

Excellent Renie. ..love it

The new my stat is awesome..thanks a lot guys...BTW what is Alexa rank & Google Rank?

And i have gone through the indirank FAQ, but not clear how the ranks are calculated? Is it possible to give us some inside as how the ranks are calculated, what are the parameters being considered, then it becomes very easier for people to identify the areas of improvement as how to better their rank.

Thanks

Pravin K.Shrimali
Pravin K.Shrimali
from Ahemedabad
14 years ago

Very nice & good idea ! Ek idea jo badle aapki duniya !!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
14 years ago

Thanks everyone - glad you liked the dashboard! Smile

And yes, we will be renaming it to IndiScore soon!

Varun Yagain
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Wait a minute! I'd vote for keeping the name and changing the score to a 100-score. After all, a 'rank' has a nicer ring to it ;-).

Ali
Ali
from New York City
14 years ago

What about being able to send private msg or email to other members here? There are few members I wanted to ask them question privately but can't due to not having those functions. I went to their blog, they dont have contact info published either.

Gopala Ramanan
Gopala Ramanan
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Thanks Renie & team,

It is an awesome job ! The stats are superb !! The joy of seeing the stats made me happy than my rank going up by 24!!!

Three cheers to the team!!!

Gopal

nice work-- like the new stats and visibility

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
14 years ago

This is a good initiative. It will help new bloggers like me to improve upon from various feedback through Indibloggers.

Meghana
Meghana
from Australia
14 years ago

Really this has helped in understanding the ranking system!Great work!

Sonya Gee
Sonya Gee
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Hey Renie, the team has done a splendid job with stats and visibility .Great work .Smile

And my hindi blog gets its first ranking at 66 !!! thanks for the same!!!

Gayatri

Manvi
Manvi
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Hey Renie,

I am ranked for the first time and that too 50. I am happy and great job. Gives quite an insight.

Great going  !

http://manvi-gandotra.blogspot.com/

Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
Mr. Pramathesh Borkotoky
from India
14 years ago

If we could be notified when someone from our network posts something in Indivine, it would be great.

Malcolm Almeida
Malcolm Almeida
from Mumbai, India
14 years ago

Amazing stuff guys :) Congrats.

rocksea & sarah
rocksea & sarah
from Pune
14 years ago

IndiScore will be a better term Smile

Zeenat Merchant Syal
Zeenat Merchant Syal
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Renie,

I Love the new changes youre going to made to indirank. I always eanted to know what on earth i could do to increase my rank...and now youre going to give it to us on a platter. Yay!!

One little suggestion though...I have seen that the rank changes every month...could the changes be more frequent..like every week??? It would give us more incentive to do better as bloggers..and sometimes i get disheartened loking at my rank....i want it to increase fast Cry

Regards,

Zeenat

Positive Provocations

Saurabh Hirani
Saurabh Hirani
from Bangalore
14 years ago

The ranking graphs and current info display is really good. Thanks a lot for putting that up.

I don't know if a facility to check the following is already there:

Everyone likes to know who is ruling the charts. We could have a rank summary or top X rankers of the month page where users could see which blogs are at the top. Visiting those blogs would result - in a. the blogger getting more traffic b. the user looking at a live example to improve the layout. I've learnt a lot by browsing many of other indibloggers blogs.

pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

+1 Agree

pankaj Rokade
pankaj Rokade
from mumbai
14 years ago

how to find the dashboard. silliy question i knw bt i 4got.. how to c the graph .. dam!!

IF U CAN DO SOMETHING ABT IT

narendra
from karkala
14 years ago

http://www.indiblogger.in/mystats/  err this must work  :)

Dear friends,

Its great that you are going to show the current rank in each member's dash board.  You may also give a list of Top 10 rankers also and the Top Rankers can be given an opportunity to specifically inform other Bloggers how they could achieve this distinction.Laughing

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU

FROM BANGALORE, INDIA

Ravi Matah
Ravi Matah
from DehraDun
14 years ago

A very good idea  Renie. Waiting for the current countdown.Keep the great work going Renie. Besteess.

Ravi Matah

Shankar
Shankar
from Chennai
14 years ago

What about the countdown for next indirank renie?

LockSign in to reply to this thread