5 years ago

New Lufthansa contest... Have fun folks!  Smile

https://www.indiblogger.in/drive/theblindlist

Replies 41 to 60 of 71 Ascending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Was finally able to upload my third entry for this contest in which I attempt to define a blind list. Just my interpretation... do read and comment if you find my definition reasonable.

Fahima
Fahima
from Pondicherry
5 years ago

Hi,

I'm not able to embed the said video in my Wordpress blog post. I have no choice but to include the youtube link. Hope I will be considered.

Fahima
from Pondicherry
5 years ago

Figured it out and it worked, thankfully

Katie
Katie
from chennai
5 years ago

Finally managed to send in my entry, thought I am going to skip this one. All the best to all who are participating in this contest

It is really hard for me to describe this topic but I able to feel the inner beauty of this topic . But I tried my best to describe my feelings for this topic in my blog post . 

Nalini
Nalini
from bangalore
5 years ago

I don't have a facebook account. Does it make a blogger without social media accounts ineligible to participate? 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Interesting question... as social media sharing is mandatory. Why must bloggers be expected to be there on social media platforms as a necessity? I guess, writing a blog-post and promoting a blog-post go hand-in-hand. So if a person just writes but doesn't take every possible step to increase the reach of a post, the essential element of penetrative reach isn't possible. But then, maybe I am just rambling on like someone in his sixties... :)

I think Nihal will have your answer.

Srinivasan
from Chennai
5 years ago

I don't think so. There are lot of bloggers who keep away from social media and stick only to their blogs (for a lot of different reasons). I think it is just recommended to share your posts on social media (if you have one) just to increase its reach. It shouldn't make you ineligible if you can't share it on facebook. Its a blogging contest and we are already sharing it on a blogging platform like IB. 

sarah malik
from New Delhi
5 years ago
I never had a Twitter account but I did win some contests on indiblogger. So, I think you can share on whatever platform you are active on and skip the rest. If your post is deserving, it will surely win 😃 All the best!
Nalini
from bangalore
5 years ago

You are right, Arvind, about not using social media wisely to promote our blog posts. I am the one who's rambling like someone in her sixties, in fact I am :) Thanks Srinivasan and Sarah for your thoughts on this. Nihal's answer to Neeraj's question on this thread isn't promising. If not tagging the right handle can make a post to be discarded, what am I even talking here about not owning social media handles. But that's alright. I cherished those few minutes of writing for this contest as I always do. What else can bring out the true essence of blogging?! Good luck to the rest of you! 

Anant Chetan
from Villingen
5 years ago

@Nalini -- Me too. You have some company nowWink

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

Hey All, not having a presence on one or an other social media platform will not disqualify you from this contest. The handles and hashtags of the Brand / Campaign are mentioned in the rules in an effort to urge participants to use them when they are promoting their posts via those respective channels.

Puneet Bansal
Puneet Bansal
from Delhi
5 years ago

Finally able to submit my post on time :)

However, still the feed issue not sorted, kindly look into this.

Manjusree V
Manjusree V
from Chennai
5 years ago

can i write in any language..i.e malayalam??

Arti
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Yes, of course you can but I think, english has a brighter chance of winning. Smile 

Arti
from Mumbai
5 years ago

english *might* have a better chance ...

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
5 years ago

I might be able to submit my entry only tomorrow.

Is it okay if we share it on social media after the 17th or is that time bound too?

Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
5 years ago

I have the same question...

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

@Arti & Antarik - No problem, it'll be accepted.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Uploaded my second post for the contest today... :)

All the best to everyone . Hope for the best. 

Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Thanks Nihal, that is a big relief.

Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Thank you Nihal, Saw your reply just now. That is indeed a big relief

Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Thanks Arvind. That is indeed reassuring. Still waiting for Nihal's reply.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Hey Arvind, now that I have unintentionally bumped into you in Delhi and shook your hand, I am assuming you rubbed some of your 'Midas touch' for winning blog contests on me enough to win my first one! :P

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

The Gods are always with you, buddy... and winning a contest is just one of the many ways he blesses. :) I'm sure you will win this one.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Geez, you're making me blush! Now I'll have to come again to Delhi and take you out for a jolly good time! 

Sitharaam Jayakumar
Sitharaam Jayakumar
from Kochi
5 years ago

Hi Nihal,

I made two mistakes. After submitting I shared in social media with the lufthansa handle. Then i read this thread fully and then shared it with both the lufthansa and lufthansa india handle once more. But the worst mistake I made was in modifying my entries a bit after submission. I have submitted two entries. In the first entry the modifications are minor and around 98 % of the post remains the same. In the second entry I have added a bit of text but wharever I wrote earlier is not changed toobmuch. It is really an honest mistake. I thought I was free to change things till the final date of submission which is 17th. Do you think my entries are bound to get rejected? It is really an honest mistake. Feeling rather wiebegone because I put in a lot of effort. Still let me know.,

Sitharaam Jayakumar (Jai)

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

In my opinion it is absolutely ok to make changes, if necessary, until the final submission date. However, the inditeam will know better.

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

Hi Jai, this should be fine... not to worry :)

@Nihal-- Thanks a lot for making the things clear. Now I can only hope  that my entries don't get discarded due to the 'Lufthansa' handle. Though I have re- posted  at twitter and facebook with LuthansaIndia handle and hope that the reposting stands valid. Anyways thanx agian Nihal formaking things clear.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Very interesting topic. I got some ideas, very hazy though. But still trying and hoping to jot down a post for this one.

All the best to everyone!

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
5 years ago

Looking forward to reading your post whenever the URLs are open... :)

Dear Nihal,

In the contest Rules list it didn't say to Tag Lufthansa India, It just says Tag 'Lufthansa'. I am pasting the sentance that has it: Please use the hashtags #TheBlindList and #SayYesToTheWorld in your blog and your social medial posts tagging 'Lufthansa' on Facebook and Twitter.

And the word 'Lufthansa' is not hyperlinked so it is not clear whether it is exactly the LufthansaIndia that we need to tag.

Anyways, the thing is that I have posted my entry with only 'Lufthansa' tag not LufthansaIndia tag, so my question is that may I again have to share my 2 entries on facebook and twitter with tagging LufthansaIndia ?  I mean since I have tagged on Lufthansa only (as decribed in rule list ), so would my entries be discarded on this basis?

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

Hey Neeraj, although the word Lufthansa has not been hyperlinked, the words Facebook and Twitter are linked to the respective Lufthansa India handles. The rules have mentioned these exact handles that you have to tag.  As it currently stands, your post could be discarded as you haven't tagged the right handles.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
5 years ago

Actually, Nihal. When you try to tag Lufthansa India, the only verified page option is Lufthansa. It is only when you going to their page you realize it redirects it automatically to Lufthansa India. I think its specification to the location of the person who clicks on it. But you type out Lufthansa India completely, you only select that one verified page option. 

Nihal Lazarus
from Bengaluru
5 years ago

@sorceror & Neeraj - I've updated the Contest rules to say Lufthansa India in addition to the 2 hyperlinks now. This should sort out the confusion :)

Avishek Banerjee
Avishek Banerjee
from Kolkata
5 years ago

The keywords has to be in the body or title?

Avishek Banerjee
Avishek Banerjee
from Kolkata
5 years ago

We can write about imaginary places. Does that mean posts with fictional stories will also qualify?

LockSign in to reply to this thread