August 2011: IndiRank upgraded with mozRank

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Folks, we have a minor upgrade to IndiRank - and yes, it's out on time! Smile Where's that Addy?!

We've incorporated mozRank into our algorithm, which means IndiRank will be more dynamic now. We've reduced the importance of Pagerank.

Many of you will see a dip in your ranks - not to worry, as it has dipped for most. Here are the stats, showing how this upgrade changed IndiRanks throughout IndiBlogger, as compared to July:

Blogs with an increase: 14%
Blogs with a decrease:  69%
Blogs with no change: 17%

Average increase in rank: 1.1
Average decrease in rank: 5.8

We've updated the IndiRank page to give a better explanation on how IndiRank works. The other features discussed on the forum will be incorporated in the next upgrade.

Have fun checking your stats, and as always, send in feedback!

Replies 41 to 60 of 74 Descending
Mohan
Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I moved up from 64 to 71 Laughing

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Badhaiyan jee:)

congos mohan ji, 

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

congratulations Mohan ji !

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Superb! Congrats :D
Mohan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thank you all!

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Mine too dipped from 69->60Yell

Upasana
Upasana
from Thane
12 years ago

My first indirank was 58 now its 57! not getting any better! i dont know what works to increase it! :-(

Now moz rank has been included in ranking parameters, so you can try to improve on your moz rank, comment on other blogs, write posts more often. Etc.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
I think its gotten better this time for you really :-)..considering the average decrease people have seen this time..
Upasana
from Thane
12 years ago

@PRAMOD :Thank you! That info was really needed!

@ARTI : you think so? I was disappointed to not see it rise!

Sudeshna
Sudeshna
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I jumped from 43 to 53.. Wohhooo!! LaughingCoolTongue out

One sudeshana happy but another sudeshana lost 10 points
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congrats :-)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congrats:)
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

We're witnessing something interesting - when we check the mozRanks again, it tends to be a bit higher than the first time we checked - perhaps all your urls are now in their database and are getting updated more often. I have a suspicion that most of the mozRanks in the next update are going to be higher!

Yo, moz rocks,
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Amen to that! @Renie
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thumbs up to the new system!!
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

congrats renie and the team. you guys must have spent hours implementing the upgrades. :)

mines increased from 56 to 62...........Smile

Great dude
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Congrats!
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Nice, keep blogging:)
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

thats great ! congratzCool

Addy
Addy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

I am a sad man! Frown

Looks like MOZ effect. Buck up dude
Mohini Puranik
from Dhule
12 years ago

Why so?

Rashmi Nair
from New Delhi
12 years ago

hahahahaha ... I got 48 man! Hi5! Cool

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

i got 23, Hi6 :P

@subhas ji, you are 64 not 23 dude

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

kya PL jee, Kitna accha mauka mila tha Rashmi je se Hi5 karne ka. aap na sara gur gobar kar diya.  :(

Hehehe, aisa nahi hai'
Jude Lopez
Jude Lopez
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

my first rank is 40!!! i know its low but why spoil the fun:)

That's the spirit,
Jude Lopez
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

hey u know what a mozrank is?

http://www.seomoz.org/ It's like google page rank system by seomoz, More dynamic but smaller database than google.
Jude Lopez
from Ernakulam
12 years ago

ohk..thanks

SubhashChy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats cool dude. Why spoil the spirit

jude, i saw your moz ank, you have no inbound links too. so tou should comment on site to buiod link backs.

M RAVI KUMAR
M RAVI KUMAR
from HYDERABAD
12 years ago

Hi,

Some body ,Please find out why my feeds are not updating  and guide me for correting the same,I'm bloging since December 2010.

http://legalgensis.blogspot.com/

Thanking You

Ravi

Dhiraj Shenoy
Dhiraj Shenoy
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Biggest loser drop by 15 points 79-64 .  Wow .

dheeraj, steep nose dive dude, rise too will be great. 

btw, I had a college friend in kolkata in 80's satish shenoy, I don't know where he is now.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
+1 Pramodji. You have a wonderful blog dhiraj and you know that.. Keep at it, rank will definitely rise too..good luck..
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Keep at it Dheeraj... Your blog is great :)
Vishnu
Vishnu
from Alappuzha
12 years ago

My rank also droped....i Think Bloggers who have dine Good SEO work in there blog  are in elite 14%.

no worries vishnu ji, most cases are disaster his time,

Rank dropped to 76 from 82.  However, it is glad to hear you have added Moz rank too to the algorithm.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yup moz ranks make the indirank more exciting!!
Susan Deborah
Susan Deborah
from Goa
12 years ago

Mine dropped from 81 to 72 :( Sad. But who cares. We blog as we like to blog why should ranks pull us down. Happy Blogging. Happiness in Life :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats the spirit Susan:) Happy Blogging:)
eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

mine is down from 68 to 46!!...

http://blazingcolours.blogspot.com/

Great fall dude, off the niagra. I smell feed burner not detecting feeds issue, check out on it.
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

oh how to check it?!...

eshwar
eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

actually i dont care much about the indirank as it doesnt affect us in any way but my posts wont gain much popularity in the indivine..... its really difficult to see well written posts being unnoticed in indivine!!.....

or u can detach the indirank criteria for rating of indivine posts..... there will be hundreds of reasons for not keeping the blog active for a month or two but its difficult to see the posts being neglected!!....

http://blazingcolours.blogspot.com/

Shivani Singh
Shivani Singh
from Delhi
12 years ago

i feel awful. From 70-48 is a big dip. Have been consoling my sore self ever since. That advice of not to worry doesn't seem to work right now.Makes me feel like quitting blogging once and for all...but hey what will i do then??? Clueless amd very Cry

There must be some feed detection trouble by feed burner . Check indi rank stats, you will see why such grave fall. It can be corrected.
Shivani Singh
from Delhi
12 years ago

If that was intented to console me then thank you Promod jee. And since i don't have any clue about the feed burner stuff...maybe i'll try and learn something for a change. Thank you.

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

hey, dont get sad about a low indirank. The rank depends a lot on seo and sometimes even great quality blogs get average ranks. Take it positively and keep blogging, cheers :)

Janhvi
Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

Fell from 76 to 61... but that's not my concern.

My concern is, it shows my mozrank as 0 when it's actually 2.8...... that's affected my indirank and i don't like it at all.

Sujith
from Kerala
12 years ago

Don't worry Rank in your dashboard is the old one. Moz rank is almost dynamic, updates regularly.

Janhvi
from Noida
12 years ago

So would it show in the next indirank?

A new entrant here on Indiblogger and my first rank is 48. Not sure if it is a good rank for a new entrant. But, no issues. Happy to be a part of the community Smile Cheers to the Indiblogger team . Keep up the good work guys Smile

eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

its not a bad rank afterall...welcome to this online community!!....

jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
12 years ago

From 74 to 65...! damn.... should blog frequently...! busy shedule is making me sick...

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

same here, jaynth :P

I am mostly free, and on blogs most of the time, still struggling at 59, 

@ Eshwar: Thanks Smile

eshwar
from bangalore
12 years ago

ur welcome Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread