Improve Your Visibility on Search Engines with Squidoo

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

As many of you know I have been raving about Squidoo. Squidoo ranks very high in the Google search. Imagine what it can do if you can get a link back.

Well, Su, Wandering Gypsy, Indian Pundit, Binary Day, Kabeeranban, Renie, Quirky Mon, Reveda. Go and see http://www.squidoo.com/Blogroll-India I have put your blogs in there (without your permission ofcourse, but I am sure you won't mind). I am in the process of putting up a few more (Adarsh Rao comes to mind).

Note that I have not ranked any blog - it is in the order in which I filled it up. You may vote for your blog or others' blog.

But the rest of you - you also can put you blog there. Or your friends. As long as th eblog is by an Indian. And not only that.  You can rate the blogs as per your liking.

Please let me know if you like the idea.

Please also note that this is not a replacement of Indiblogger. Indiblogger remains close to my heart.

Besides, you will notice that I have not put up my blog.

Edited 15 years ago
Reason: Updated text to attract attention
Replies 41 to 60 of 84 Descending
Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Thank you Hashir.

I assume that the 5*'s is by you.

Thanks.

Ajay Pathak
Ajay Pathak
from Indore
15 years ago

thanks for this innovative idea

Prashant Dhanke
Prashant Dhanke
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi Amitabh,

Great idea.

I added my profile there too. Would contribute further :).

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Ajay, @Prasanth, thanks for posting your blog. It is fun to see the blogs growing by the hour. It has now reached 47.

Someone has left a blog http://readerszon.com The link does not work. Kindly resubmit with correct link. Once the correct link is submitted I will take the broken kink off the list.

@Su, I loved the Mig35 and Su30. Soeday when we meet I will explain the niceties of aerobatics Laughing

From Amit's blog I could see that all Bangalore Bloggers had fun at the Iron Maiden Beer Fest. Sad! I missed out.

Sriharsha
from Bangalore
15 years ago

so wt if u missed it! u have another chance! Bangalore Blogger's meet is on 28th Feb. and i dont see ur name in the attendee list!

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Many of you haven't voted for yourself. Please do so. It adds a point to the popularoty and shifts the blog upwards in the list.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi Binary,

Was wondering when I would hear from you!

For voting for individual blogs just click on the small triangle next to the blog (on the left). It should turn green once you have clicked on it. A click adds one point to the blog.

I will corect the readerszone thingy. Thanks for that.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Juggling between Blogging, Home and Office is hard. But when one is obsessed one finds time.

Hi Amitabh,

Thanks for the information. I submitted our group blog, Bangalnama.

All,

Please do vote for us! :-D

Best,

Team Bangalnama

ARJuna
ARJuna
from Mumbai
15 years ago

Dear Sir,

Went over, Signed up, Looked through your Lens (or is it at your lens?) and gave you a   hi-5.

You deserve it because,

1. Its a Jhakaas idea!!! Forgive my Bambaiyya Hindi but thats one word I had to use!!!

2. The idea has been executed beautifully.

3. On a personal level a rating is the least I can give to repay your consideration and kind gesture towards a junior blogger.

Thank you. Cheers

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

I thank you all for your kind words. This week's featured lens is Skepticity. This is the only way I can thank Renie for bringing us all together. (And this is the only control I have over my lens). Submission and voting is entirely democratic and I do not even get to know who is voting for whom!!

Cheers!

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Thank you Binary for your generocity. The more I interact with you chaps the more I am convinced of my hypothesis: All Good People Are Not Bloggers But All Bloggers Are Good People.

Cheers!

Vijayakrishna
Vijayakrishna
from Chennai
15 years ago
Dear Amitabh, Can you please add my blog also to the list? It is Random Opinions - www.vjkrishna.com Thanks mate Cheers vjkrishna.
Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Vijaya, I can but it is so easy to do it yourself. Besides, you cannot vote for yourself and anyone else if you are not registered at Squidoo (it is easy and you will find a link on the lens to do so). If you still insist I will do it for you. Let me know by responding on this thread.

@Binary, the lens now stands at #10 in the category called SEO and at #621 overall. I promise to keep you all updated.

@others, please do leave a comment in this thread if you see any traffic from the lens.

For all those who do no want to scan this looong thread to find out how to reach the lens, here is the lens address once more => http://www.squidoo.com/Blogroll-India

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Hi all,

After a heady upwards steady climb for last so many days, there is finally a dip. The lens ranking fell to 711. Undecided It could be a temprary lull. Not all bloggers on this forum have submitted their blogs yet. Also all those have submitted haven't started rating each other. So here's hoping a jump in ranking.

My guess is that a sustained high ranking for a prolonged period is necessary to see the result of this experiment.

End of the report for today. Laughing

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

This week's Featured Lens on http://www.squidoo.com/Blogroll-India is EK SPARSH.

Adarsh you may smile Laughing

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
15 years ago

Hello Amitabh, work has been hectic, so am still trying to catch up on all the forum topics. 

Thank you so much!!!!! Smile Lots of smiles for featuring Ek Sparsh 

Keep us posted on the success of Squidoo! 

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

@Adarsh, the lens ranking has slipped a bit. Sad. It is now at 1007.

Everyone needs to understand that visibility on net requires some work. In this case, people need to regularly visit the lens and check out each others blog. I do my bit by inviting bloggers to submit the lens. But once submitted people need to visit it more often.

Lets see how this experiment pans out.

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

amitm  please can you add my blog to  squidoo

http://realityviews.blogspot.com/

ty in advance.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
15 years ago

Sure! Will do. Note that if you are not a Squidoo member you will not be able to vote for yourself or others. But you can regularly visit and check out what is happening.

Cheers!

sm
sm
from india
15 years ago

ty amitm i will do that , later i am planning to become member there also.

currently i am just trying to improving my blog in every way possible so if you find any suggestion let me know, like colour change of blog or anything you think i should consider

squido has alexa rank of 501 . so its great

LockSign in to reply to this thread