if you wish to have your blogs reviewed beyond the widgets and templates; and re

Cryptic Clues
Cryptic Clues
from Gujarat
13 years ago

Dear bloggers,

I have been reading a large number of reviews and requests for reviews. I have found, that more often than not, reviewers provide a large amount of time and discussion on the layout, the template, the widgets and so forth.

To put it mildly, we focus extensively on the technology part of it, without providing any constructive/substantive feedback (beyond 'interesting', 'wide variety' and 'good' and 'nice': words which mean little! except for putting smiles on our faces) on the content.

This, I think defeats in certain ways the real purpose of blogging: which as I understand was to democratise writing and publishing, by making it available to all. By ensuring that we were not trapped in tech glitches and wizardry and self-promotion.

So, I propose to review your blogs, but focus on the content of it. Comments on deepening it, adding more layers to your writing, exploring other dimensions of your posts, the graphic quality, and so forth.

My purpose for doing it: discovering substantive blogs and their authors.

I look forward to a manageable trickle and not a deluge, to begin with!

And in return, I look forward to your comments on my blog as well. Don't worry, I am not reopening it because I am unemployed, but because I want to enlarge my google reader and discover many more worthwhile blogs. Just so you know: I read English and Hindi. And can manage with Gujarati and Urdu.

Other vernacular blogs and bloggers: you are welcome to comment on my blog.

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: re-starting reviews and requests for reviews
Replies 61 to 65 of 65 Descending
Gautam Maitra
Gautam Maitra
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

hi cc! great job ... i wud luv to have ur review - its a mix of creative, a bit of politics and sociology and some information dash board for my own reference that other may or may not like it. Please do tell me also about site appearence and easy of mobility of the readers  

here is my blog http://indian-writer.blogspot.com/

thanks

S.R.Ayyangar
S.R.Ayyangar
from BANGALORE
12 years ago

Cryptic Cluesfrom Gujarat1 week ago

The link doesn't work. You may want to verify and send your blog links please.

Sorry CC, There was a typographic mistake. Here is the correct link to my blog for review-

http://srayyangar.blogspot.com

Milind
Milind
from London
12 years ago
We can divide the world in two categories - those who believe that it can be divided in two categories and those who do not. On the one hand, we have countries in European Union who have moved beyond the debate for Capital Punishment. On the other hand there are authoritarian states, which use Capital Punishment as a tool to subjugate. In this regard, I find the Indian approach well balanced. There are enough provisions and sufficient delay built in the system to identify the outliers. This system works hard to avoid hanging the criminal with a shadow of doubt. And very few cases ultimately result in the capital punishment. I have followed a few cases in UK, where I have noticed public anger when heinous crimes result in a life sentence, which does not mean sentenced for life. I recall one case where the state had to protect a murderer because his life was at risk from fellow prisoners. (Suggesting that convicted murderers do not find all murderers to be equal.) I think, there are times when a state does not have to state a position unambiguously. Capital Punishment is one such topic. Apologies for posting unrelated comment but found a few posts in this thread that touched this topic.
Angad Achappa
Angad Achappa
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hope the threads still active, heres my blog: http://indianwildlifephotography.blogspot.com/  Smile

Prasanta Sarkar
Prasanta Sarkar
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Can I request you to for the review of my blog

Online Clothing Study

LockSign in to reply to this thread