Google your Blog title!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

What do you see when you key in your blog title in Google?

I did that yesterday and was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that the first result which directs to the home page of my blog showed up 8 sub results below it! (I think it’s a good sign for a site and was quite happy about it Cool).

From the total number of results on the search page, 4 were directly from my site. 2 were from connect.in and 1 from digg, bloglovin, addyourblog and wepostalot each. None from Indiblogger though Frown

Anyways, What about you? Have you tried googling your blog name ever? How many pages does the search result throw up from your site? How many from other sites and which sites are they? If you have never done that, do it right away and do Share the results Smile

Edited 12 years ago
Reason: Minor edit
Replies 61 to 67 of 67 Ascending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Arti 8 sub results as in how we get if we search for say Indiblogger or say Cricinfo??? That must be great, I have only seen BIG sites have that kind of results.
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Yes DS... Even I have seen such results for bigger sites only:)
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Google must do that only for great sites then... Some special conditions might have to be fulfilled for them to give those many results!!
josechukkiri
josechukkiri
from Thrissur(Pudukad)
12 years ago

I used to check this frequently to know whether my blog is indexed or not. I can see the latest google bot crawling of my blog. I am using yahoo and bing also to see the differences. I think this is a good practice.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Can you share your results here?
Setu
Setu
from New Delhi
12 years ago

my blog featured on the first page...2nd  position :)

Blog title is Knick n Knack ... paprikacanvas.blogspot.com

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

2nd pos is good! But is it the only one that shows up, dont you have results pointing to your blog from some other directories, etc?

Kristy Kumari
Kristy Kumari
from Amritsar
12 years ago

On page 1 of search results 8/10 are me with my blog being the first thing listed. I got some links from other girls blogs and one from stumble upon on page one. Not too bad.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Its good :) The age of the blog also plays an important role in this i suppose, but am not sure. How long have you been blogging Kristy?

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
12 years ago

When i type Indiabackpacker one can find at least 2 pages, if one types India backpacker seperately than one can find another copycat by similar name first in the search.  Anyways as long as our posts don t clash i don t mind it.  Sometimes people tend to twist the spellings backpakker too has been used to imitate, backpackero is another site which is international.  Arti it gives clue to another angle, which i am posting as a topic, do check it out.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Yes, that is also one way to look at searches when names are misspelt... how does it affect the reasults. Great Umeshji, 2 pages are dedicated for your blog :) And good work on taking the cue also Smile

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

When I googled my blog title ( be the geek) the first 3 results were from my site followed by some youtube video by jason mraz, then "geek advancement", and more irrelevant links (who will be the geek queen??) .

But if I search bthegeek all the relevant links of posts, fb,digg profiles etc turn up. :)

Anyways, I suggest everyone to sign out of their google accounts before searching their blog titles in order to avoid search results customised for you.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

haha! who will be the geek queen??..hehe.. Have you ever visited that link to find out more :P

So a case of different url and different blog title. I have always wanted to know this - a site with a different url and title... does it affect its performance relative to query searches and all? What is more preferable, same names or does it not matter at all?

My blog has same title and url!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Also abhi, thanks for that bit on signing out, will have to do a recheck for mine then coz i am generally signed in :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago
No. I haven't checked out that link yet. :P
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago
I think its better to have same name and url of the blog, for reasons of seo and as well as convenience. But I think content is what matters, in the end. If you have great content, a different url won't stop your followers from frequenting your site, isn't it?
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago
I think its better to have same name and url of the blog, for reasons of seo and as well as convenience. But I think content is what matters, in the end. If you have great content, a different url won't stop your followers from frequenting your site, isn't it?
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
@ Abhi Thats the reason I have the same name for my blog... But you are right good content would bring in readers anyhow...
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

hmmm again my replies got posted twice ..

btw very interesting topic artiji :)

abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

yes, about having different url and blog title, look at digital inspiration ( labnol.org) . It is one of the popular tech websites in india.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Arti ji???
abhin@v
from mumbai
12 years ago

why? surprised? sometimes 'ji' add ho jata hai! :)

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

So the conclusion is having different url and blog title doesnt matter, content does.

Thank you very much Abhiji and I hope that 'sometimes' never ever comes again anytime Smile

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
LOL
Sayali
Sayali
from Indore
12 years ago

There is one more site with a similar name as mine. But guess what, it features nowhere. Google is all mine *evil laughter*

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

haha... Google really loves you Tongue out Good, Good Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread