Time to Change! - Stayfree contest

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Ladies & Gents, we have another contest - The Stayfree Time to Change! contest. Smile

Although this is a women's brand, everyone is invited to participate, and both men and women have an equal opportunity to win. Let us know if you have any questions, and we hope you like the topic!

Replies 81 to 100 of 152 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

...and I've read and even commented on your post, Mansi. :)

YuvaRevolution
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

ahhh, finally, took a short trip of the submitted posts, started in reverse, from least indivine votes, went through almost 40 posts, some were simply superb ones, commented on about 15 posts..... guess what, some brilliantly written posts have far lower indivine votes (quite expected too)..

Good on you, Yuva. I find comments infinitely more rewarding than someone just promoting my post. Don't you?

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

Yes, Mathur Ji, a good comment always feels rewarding. My post too has got rewarded by some nice comments by you. thanks for that :) I have already browsed through last 80 entries (380-300), going on another round now :)

Arvind Mohan
from Noida
11 years ago

Exactly and that is why votes on indivine merely matters. It all is give and take policy afterall. :D :D

By the way, @YuvaRevolution, I'd love to have you on my space if you get any time.:)

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
11 years ago

Arvind Ji: I am still going through entries. Now I have started from topmost voted entries (gone through top 50), I will sure have a look at your entry as and when I come by it :)

Abhirup Bhattacharya
Abhirup Bhattacharya
from Kolkata
12 years ago

When is the date for results?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

SOONSurprised

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Very good answer, princess. We are done with the real contest. We can start here now. 

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HeheheTongue outYeahTongue out. Now we have to make sure that this uncle or aunty doesnt STAY-FREESurprisedTongue out

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

I think it will take at least 1 month, (like in that "two extra hours" contest). Moreever, the no. of entries are just too many this time, so I think we should have some patience, after all you are going to get an iPad ;) :)P

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

AgreeLaughingBut as I saidSmileWe are expecting it soonCool.

And soon means, from today till the well foreverTongue out

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

@Pooja: lol :D good, keep the pressure ON :P

YuvaRevolution
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

I found some blogs have so much restrictions on commenting. On some blogs, I could use only FB,twitter, or wordpress credentials to comment. Isn't that weird? I wonder why do people put that kind of restrictions!! Anyone with a valid email ID should be able to comment, why put such restrictions.....

YuvaRevolution
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

I found some blogs have so much restrictions on commenting. On some blogs, I could use only FB,twitter, or wordpress credentials to comment. Isn't that weird? I wonder why do people put that kind of restrictions!! Anyone with a valid email ID should be able to comment, why put such restrictions.....

Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi, I have some answers to this restrictions. This is to avoid comments from spammers who just use any junk email id to add comments on articles which have higher PR and add junk and nudity comments in the posts. If you are having posts which have no approval, the post becomes dirty if you forget to check your blogs comments.

By adding commenting plugins like Livefyre and others, you have chances to get rid of comments which are these type. And I truly believe that getting a comment only means an article is good or worth reading.

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

Hi Sriram Ji, thanks for responding, but isn't there a better way out- change the setting so that comments appear publically only after approval by admin, this setting is being used by so many people. Moreever, these people had not even allowed commenting through blogger (gmail) credentials- only wordpress,fb,twitter, and these blogs didn't seem to be very famous, high-traffic blogs too... thankfully, out of around 120 blogs that I visited, I had to use that way in only 2 cases, otherwise may be I would have stopped commenting altogether! :) (Also, being a blogger, any person putting comment would like that clicking on his name should lead to his blog/website/blogProfile, which is not possible in these cases unless you have a wordpres blog). Someone should tell these people to consider changing that setting......

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

I agree with @YuvaRevolution... there are a lot of blogs where writing a comment is more than a pain. Some blogs insist that either I have a blogger.com login or forget about commenting! Outright silly, actually. I prefer blogs where they straightaway ask for your blog url and your name and let you comment without any more fuss.

All reasoning like being loaded with junk comments aren't valid because you can still opt for comment moderation and rule such junk out personally. It is immature bloggers who fall for all fancy widgets and applications and mess up their blogs. people need to review their blog administration instructions carefully every once in a while and change them for what is good, easy, and friendly. :)

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

Yes, Arvind Ji, that's what I meant, I liked 2 blog-posts, and wanted to comment, but commenting on them was painful- upon giving email ID I was redirected to wordpress page asking me for wordpress or gravitar ID-password, ultimatelt to save myself from further login hassles, I simply chose to comment through my FB credentials (as I was already logged in, into my FB). But then the comment appeared as posted my personal FB profile, and there was no way one could be led to my blog by clicking on my name. As you rightly said, it seems to happen due to inexperience of bloggers....

Arvind Mohan
from Noida
12 years ago

Commenting must not be a painful task, now a days since almost eveyone of us is on facebook; it is really easy and comfortable to add facebook comment box in the blog.

Apart from that you can still have comment moderation technique to monitor comments on your blog. Just think about a genuine commentator, will he be able to able comment after seeing too much hurdles just for commenting, he'd rather skip commneting. May be you could use some like button in that case. :D :D

Nupur Raut
from MUMBAI
11 years ago

I get a lot of spam and downright negative comments. I wouldn't mind if those comments criticized my posts but they often questioned my credibility as an author and said a lot of mean stuff about me. I can understand why people restrict the way comments are entered...but come on, people! We have the beautiful comment moderation feature! SmileAs for Mr. Arvind Mohan's suggestion, I don't prefer integrating Facebook with a lot of my external internet activities. It's starting to behave like Big Brother. Sealed Tongue outAlso, what about those genuine commenters who aren't on Facebook? Frown

YuvaRevolution
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

BTW people, did anyone notice that so many people have written on- "Be the change you want to see", :Tongue out i.e. so many people have written on similar topics of bringing in change in themselves Smile . I wish every entry would have been on bringing about change in ones own self, that way the whole world would have changed Wink Smile

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
12 years ago

As for spam comments, I have no settings but Blogger seems to have a auto-spam filter in place and it seems to work fine. So I see no reason why one has to go through all that rigmarole to put in a comment.

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

Yes Suresh Ji, I too haven't put any specific setting in place to stop spam or abusive comments. In fact on one of my another blog I have even allowed comments to be posted anonymously. But till now I have not got any offensive comments. Of course many comments has been posted by anonymous readers, but then none is offensive.

The Topic is great "Change" .And I had blogged about what I wanted to for long....this change concept did the trick.I did my best and keeping my fingers crossed.Even if dont win,I'm happy for writing this topic the way I want it to be .

Hope my voice of change is being heard Smile

Gopal Sharma
Gopal Sharma
from Karnal
12 years ago

Hello IndiBloggers!

I agree with Uma Maheshwari ji that the contest 'Time To Change' was so interesting that I was not able to hold myself from writing a post on this, and this is what is important too. I perpetuated a hypothetical model of our country which is the best we can become and the best we can do in improving ourselves and the surrounding of ours, rather than closing our eyes. 

http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=130262

http://myfrankspot.blogspot.com/

indu chhibber
from Kota
12 years ago

True, it is the theme which inspired me to participate in the contest-something i had never imagined myself doing.Igot a chance to propagate what i believe in.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Don't give blog links in ForumsYell. Self-Promotion is not allowedUndecided

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Ha Ha Ha. Smart one. But no one can fool the princess !

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

the best way to get comment is to give comment ;) :)

Chitra
Chitra
from Mumbai
12 years ago

any idea when the results would be out... apart from the answers like "SOON,VERY SOON " :pCool

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Be patient . Princess will reply to your query within next 6 hours.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
**Ohk. I did some detective work and found this reply by Indiblogger on their twitter account, it was made 3 days ago** indiblogger @kmRicha The results of the #voiceofchange contest should be out next week! Keep checking the forum for updates! indiblogger.in/forum/ topic.ph…
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HahahahaTongue out. I have not been here much these daysSurprisedUndecided.

@DS

WowSurprisedThats niceLaughing

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago
@DS: great to know that!! :) keeping my fingers crossed :)

wow ds, that's news,

Gopal Sharma
Gopal Sharma
from Karnal
12 years ago

Sealed I posted a link:)

I shouldn't be doing this, is it?

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

AhanUndecided. Posting links on FORUMS is not allowedYell

When can we expect the results? Laughing

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

SOONCool

I really enjoyed this competition. The topics were varied and most were straight from the heart. Am still reading through them - will take a while.

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
12 years ago

yes, Mathur Ma'am, I came across your comments on many blogs :) I have got struck after going through around 180 entries :( initially I had thought I will go through all of them, but it seems difficult with me using 3G data....  still I will try to finish at least 75 % of entries, let's see...

YuvaRevolution
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
11 years ago

Did anyone notice that the no. of entries got reduced to 378 (from earlier 380)!! How come! :)

Nupur Raut
from MUMBAI
11 years ago

Oh, yes! Surprised

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Fot 2 people the wait will no longer be killing:)

Entries may have been disallowed for some reason or the other - old posts, plagiarism, unresponsive to contest subject whatever

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
11 years ago
@Suresh: hahaha :D true :), they won't get killed now :P Yes, they might have violated some t&c. I myself noticed that many bloggers had not put that mandatory link to stayfree facebook page in their post :)
YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
11 years ago

And NOW, did some one notice it increasing to 379!!!! I wonder how come this flip-flop?!! Is there some technical glitch?? Only Renie may know it :)

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Why so much excitement here and no excitement on the Mahindra Incredible experience thread?

Kofykat
from Chennai
11 years ago

dunno. what are the prizes there? I'm excited coz The first two prizes are something I really need. I haven't even checked the other contest 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I don't even remember what the prizes are. I guess both contests are giving i-pads, kindles and things of that sort. I am too miserly to buy them on my own. So have to depend on contests.

YuvaRevolution
from Bhopal
11 years ago

well, the driving factors for excitement are the no. and kind of prizes, followed by the topic of contest. Everyone would like to have a high end gadgets (or even cash prizes). and after that comes "the topic"- how much willing the blogger is, to write on the given topic.

Agree with Yuva. The topic is what has generated so much interest in this contest.

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

lol coz its Mahindra :D ask a Mahindra employee and he will tell you his experience :P :P

indu chhibber
indu chhibber
from Kota
11 years ago

you know TF most people,s lives are mundane,with hardly any incredible experiences...but this change topic has elicited various responses....i myself am exited because this is the first time i have participated in ANY competition...waiting with bated breathUndecided

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Mundane or incredible is how you view it. 

Pooja Pradeep
Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Exactly what I wanted to ask TF JHITongue out. I know I wont win bothLaughingSo my excitement is in DOWN-NOTCHTongue out. Still would love to know who wonCool

Aditya Bhasin
Aditya Bhasin
from Delhi
11 years ago
Looks like my entry to this contest has started to bring positive change to society. HC today made it compulsary for women to wear helmet. :)

nice efforts dude, best wishes

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

@Aditya Bhasin... Don't see you on 'The Real Fiction' ... have you left the group? Have you left FB as  well?Arvind Passey(www.passey.info)

LockSign in to reply to this thread