Internet is fun with Vodafone!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
11 years ago

The Zoozoos are here with an IndiBlogger contest!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=56

And no, Vodafone is not giving away wrinkly little pugs as prizes - instead, you can win a MacBook Pro, Sony Playstations, Sennheiser headphones, Zoozoo bean bags and tickets to the IPL finals with travel included!

Since the IPL finals are around the corner, this contest closes relatively soon. Let us know if you have any questions, and good luck! Smile

Replies 81 to 100 of 176 Descending
Shashiprakash Saini
Shashiprakash Saini
from Navimumbai
11 years ago

after seeing some non english post 

i finally decided wirte a hindi poem abt the topic and uploaded

this is my 1st contest on indiblogger

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

wow..thats cool. will check it out..

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

So what time does it close? Is it usually end of the IST day?

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Now please don’t ask me if this is just a story… it isn’t. It always happens when the mind wants it to happen!

...the above lines are to just tell you what to expect from my second entry in this contest. WooHoo...loved writing this post. Pure fantasy! :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Submitted my entry.
Aarti
Aarti
from chennai
11 years ago

Nice... almost missed the deadline, but managed to put in a post... :)

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Living on the edge... Smile Best of luck for the contest

Submitted my take at last second

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Bahot accha PL... best of luck for the contest sir ji....

thanks janak,

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

It still seems to be on. I can still go to submit your entry screen. When does it close?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I completed my 14th entry with 1 hour to go for deadline. But did not submit as it only concluded the story told in the other 13 episodes and it in itself did not have any use of internet mobile. My total singer story comes to 14,251 words. It would be called a novelette or even a novella. I think this is the first time somebody has written an entire novella for the contest. In all 13 epiodes internel mobile plays central role and has been submitted as 13 seperate entries. Even if vodafone folks don't give me anything, I should express that writing this has been an immensely rewarding experience and I feel so happy that I manage to write fiction on this scale. I do hope folks take time and read and let me know what you think. Lot of my friends have been reading this regulalry and supporting me all along. It is thanks to their support I was able to keep up the momentum and comple this one. Do hope more will read.

For people wondering what it is all about - it is a spoof/satire fantasy/science fiction story where interet mobile plays central role.

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Now this is quite a feat, TF. The average word count per post comes to around a thousand words. Had you made it to 5000 words per post, it would have been a publisher-ready manuscript! Interesting and inspiring participation.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Thanks, Mr. Passey. Next time I think I will make it even longer. I will go on doing till I finally write a full fledged novel one day.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

My third post was a crossword... the first was a spoof on ad-creation, the second was sci-fi. tried my hand at three different writing styles.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Great stuff, Mr. Passey. You are indeed a true blooded blogger making optimal use of all media. I at times tend to put too much premium on power of words and turn my nose down on other creative uses of media. But every time I see your efforts, I realize how much can be done with things other than words. Maybe one of the days I also get inspired to try these kind of things as well.

Ashu
Ashu
from kolkata
11 years ago

booooohhhhhhhhhh the last 2 weeks had been so messed up ...working day in and day out in office ..so many stuffs in mind but could not write and now contest is closed..... could only write 2 "ek internet-ek mobile"  and 2nd is : "Ramayan"... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz reopen this....;-) its an awsome topic ...... good topic tough....

guess what the i saw  one more blogger blogging my  Ramayana concept.... mmmm inspired!!!!! ;-) 

Arvind Passey
from Delhi
11 years ago

Come on, Ashu, I don't think there is anything bad in someone picking up ideas and concepts... after all, he/she will still need to weave words into them. Btw, I had used the Ramayana link in my review of Samsung Tab for a contest on indiblogger a few months back... do read it when you have the time and/or the inclination.

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Hmmm...that Ramayan concept and one by Ruchita on Akbar and Birbal were fun to read..Atleast something unique from normal writers like us Wink 

Antarik Anwesan
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Considering that the IPL final is on 27th, they shd be out with the results within 5-6 days. May be max by 24th or 25th. 

Ayushi Bhatia
Ayushi Bhatia
from Faridabad
11 years ago

And above all, my irony was that I checked this contest for the first time on my Vodafone mobile internet Cool

Its a good omen Laughing

Good luck to all Smile

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Same to you buddy!! Wink

Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

:D Good luck!!

Janak Kumar Yadav
Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Finally submitted my last two entries on the last hour. So, this topic influenced me so much that for the first time I wrote 4 blogposts for a contest.Laughing The highest for a contest ever.  WinkAll of my four entries are different from each other.But not getting much response on indivine. Cry Still waiting to see more......

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago

So, finally with 284 submissions Contest is Closed!

I personally feel this Contest brought out largest number of imaginative stories, apart from hundreds of posts on how a Mobile with Internet could affect our lives. Have got my own personal favorite posts, but a number of posts are still to read....so a Sunday would be digested on purpose for the Contest reading.

Btw, How many of you read before Voting? And, does it happen to you that even after reading you don't vote just coz you didn't like it?

thanks janak and all friends And well wishers.
Abhik  Chatterjee
Abhik Chatterjee
from Navi Mumbai
11 years ago
This was my first Indiblogger competition and it got my creative juices flowing after a long...long time .. I have come up with five entries and am pretty chuffed about it... Although what THE FOOL achieved with 14 posts is truly mind boggling and commendable... I have read several excellent pieces and am sure that the competition is going to be extremely tight.... Cheers all :-)
Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey there..Thanks to all those people who liked my post and made it popular (quite). Love you all :) :)

To all those, who haven't read here' it is for your eyes and feedbacks - http://ektakhetan.blogspot.in/2012/05/internet-is-fun.html

:)

Frigid Insanity
Frigid Insanity
from Goa
11 years ago

These contests sure let your mind work the hardest.. I think the level of creativity increases with new contests coming in.. and that's really good 'casue it allows us to tap into that unknown part of our brain and see what we can pull out of the hat!... best of luck to all you guys...

Antarik Anwesan
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Guys no excitement for the results of this one? I predict they will be out by 25th max.

Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Waiting too eagerly! :)

Shezah
from Delhi
11 years ago
Yeah, me too! It's my first Indi blogger contest! Fingers crossed!
Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Good luck Ekta n Shezah :)

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Lets see...waiting to read the best post selected by the Judges of this contest... Laughing It if clicks with my promoted ones...then that will be the win-win situation for me Wink

Sauvik
Sauvik
from Kolkata
11 years ago

My prediction is it will be out by tomorrow midnight :-) 24th...

Janak Kumar Yadav
from Howrah
11 years ago

Guess so.....

LockSign in to reply to this thread