The Kissan 100% Real Blogger Contest

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Our first contest for 2012 is out - who wants to get in touch with nature this year? Smile

We are open to more suggestions on the prizes - as long as they are nature holidays, and within India, it's all good - so you can pretty much choose where you would like to go as long as it's within the budget!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=50

---------------------------------

For those having doubts about this contest, here's clarification from Vineet:

Hi Everyone!

About the clarification on the contest topic - The topic invites you to share your stories where while growing up you had experiences close to nature or your roots. For example, maybe the walk in the park with your dad everyday when you were five. Or maybe even the stories that your grand mom used to tell you, and NOT watching TV. Or playing football in the heavy rains of Mumbai. Interpretation of nature does not have to be some exotic locations or your travel. These are all experiences that take us back to our roots. This is not a travelogue contest :)

The Fool's interpretation is correct: A memorable incident from childhood or involving one's children if one has any involving close interaction with nature". Nature having a broader definition of course! 

Hope this clarifies!

About the travel, the dates are flexible and you can redeem those for a duration of six months! 

Replies 101 to 120 of 160 Descending
Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@The Fool... Well, I read every comment on my blog and do acknowledge them on my facebook page... but then not all of those who comment are on FB, so this gap is quite possible. I have a group for bloggers on FB and I call it 'The Real Fiction'... hope to see you there. :)

But then, you're probably correct in your analysis... I need to answer or reply comments on the blog itself... will certainly see if that id possible or not.

Meanwhile, indiblogger is requested to suggest some way in which comments on individual's blog can somehow be linked to the 'votes' that may then be eligible. That is, a vote can be eligible ONLY if a comment is there on the said post. Any comments?

Stephen
from Raleigh
12 years ago

Thats a good suggestion Mr.Passey.But I don't think it would be possible coz the promote this post link enables promoting only when you click on it and the webpage is opened.So there is still a possibility that some may just click on promote button and don't visit the blog.And such cases blog comments could actually make you analyze. But it would be a good idea if Indiblogger links the comments and the votes on the posts.But practically not possible

Someone is Special
from Bangalore
12 years ago

"Good Post", "Wonderful Post" "All the best for the contest. Here is my link" - Do you think those are from their heart? I hope this answers and probably my last response for this thread. 

Shazia
Shazia
from Kanpur
12 years ago

:) Nice debate! Enjoyed reading it thoroughly!However few pointers (my takes)TF has accused Arvind that he has not replied to comments, but i think only the intelligent comments warrants a reply. Just saying thank you for commenting, or thanks for dropping by is also so shallow.I mean I reply only to comments I feel a reply is warranted. And the reply should be more than just a thank you for liking etc!! This doesnt mean I am arrogant, but I somehow when I dont feel like it I dont do it.

The suggestion to have another category of winners list is not a bad idea. And we could have the winners as well as the runners up all in that page. For myself I have gone to the contest pages and read the erstwhile winner's posts. So if there is a separate list, the hassle of going to the contest page is saved.  

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Well. In this context I will like to direct your attention to any interesting blog post I read a few days back (Not a self promotion. I don't even know the blogger who wrote this)

http://chaoticm.blogspot.in/2012/03/forgotten-chapters-of-blogging-101.html

The point is a blog is not like a book. A book writer and his readers do not build a relationship. But a blogger has to build relationship with his/her readers. If blogger remains aloof and wants to remain aloof like a book writers, the readers might also want to remain like book readers who just read the book and don't write to tell the author that they read the book or what they thought about the book. If a blogger expects readers to indicate they have read though the reader might not have anything specific of value to say, the blogger should also be willing to acknowledge such comments.

Arnab Maity
from Sydney
12 years ago

I agree to The Fool completely. There might not be too many readers with the adequate patience and articulation skill to write an intelligent comment, still they may be honest to just say a "Nice" or a "Cool".I would still acknowledge their visit and never allow my ego to stop me from writing a "Thank You" or "Thanks for visiting". I would love to show this act of humility always and forever, inspite of some folks calling it as "shallow"!

C. Suresh
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Actually the suggestion is for having all posts from the winners for a fixed period of time to be put up separately - under the assumption that if they are good enough bloggers to win contests their other posts would also be good. If the 'short list' as Arvind says is also included then you get to read more blog posts than you can get merely by adding the winners to your Network.

As for comments, I enjoy getting any and prefer to assume that it is meant! After all, whoever writes a comment has to take time out to do it and, as The Fool says, go through the hassles of verifying his human identity and all that. I prefer to think that the odds are that (s)he read and liked the post. (Well! It makes me happier to think so rather than thinking that the comment wasnt meant and feeling unhappy. Why add to my unhappiness, the world gives me enough opportunities to feel unhappy anyway:) )

Shazia
Shazia
from Kanpur
12 years ago

hey, Nice blog. Thanks for sharing.The blogger puts forth a valid point. Maybe a change of conduct is desired on the part of us who do not reply to all comments we get! :) 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

I'm surprised to find that no one has yet begun asking: 'When will the results be declared?'

I'm looking forward to the results of this very delectable contest... would want to know who the 10 couples are who go on the Nature Trail. Nature walks are surely going to exhilarating!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hahaha. I Called RENIE yesterday because of thisTongue out. He said it'll be announced within Today or TommorrowCoolLaughing.

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
12 years ago

Thats nice Pooja !! Laughing

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

YeahLaughing

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thats good news PP

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

That's a real good news Pooja Smile.  Waiting eagerly.....

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hope these results do turn out to be another dampener. I am keeping my spirits hight to take another shot a Mahindra and a single shot at the motor bike one.

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I loved your creation of the superhero story for the fiery contest a lot. Bad luck that I was not the judge there. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Once again, thanks for the booster, Farida.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

@The Fool... the results of which contest were a dampener for you? That is, results where the non-winning entries appeared to have more charisma than those that were declared winners.

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Nothing to do with the fairness of the results as such. Just disappointment at my not winning. It is nice to be self actuated and all that.  But still I am not at the total Karma Yogi stage to keep on blogging without expecting any recognition.  You can't keep going for long without a win also, no? This is the ninth contest I am participating in at Indi.

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
We are in the same boat friend! Maybe we will win the Mahindra one or the Kissan one or better still both them together!!!
Someone is Special
Someone is Special
from Bangalore
12 years ago

.........................................yes.. my mom said..............................

yo dude, my mom said too.................................

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

Keep your fingers crossed folks !!

DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Can Renie give us some updates here on when the results can be expected!
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I was also about to ask where is the IndiPrincess. She had promised results today.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

HahahaTongue out. Renie saved me from getting beaten upCoolEmbarassedTongue out

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Update! 

The winner selection is complete, and the list has gone for "final approval". Smile

Hopefully, the results will be announced tomorrow. The judges had a hard time with this one - there were too many good entries, and it's been quite difficult to pick the most deserving. I know it sounds cliché, but frankly, almost everyone is a winner in this contest. It's not easy to judge one person's personal experiences over another, nor does it feel right to do so!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

NiceLaughing. Can't waitTongue outSurprised.

BTW your words are so trueSmile. Participation is important right?Wink. All the IndiBloggers are getting a chance to share their personal moments through these contestsCoolLaughing. That itself is a great PrizeSmile.

Thanks RenieKissEmbarassedInnocent

Antarik Anwesan
from New Delhi
12 years ago

This was the first contest I could pen down something for after three months at IB. Results wont matter much. I am not very anxious.  I am happy to be at least one of the 206 entries that are being read! That itslef brings recognition to my blog n me! But yeah, i am happy that atleast i have something to look forward to tomrw.  Good luck to all! :)

Farida Rizwan
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thanks.. Those were nice words to hear and I have to agree with that. The recent contests have brought out excellent posts. Will look forward to the winners list.

right, participation is more challenging and enjoyable. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Waiting Renie! And yes, the entries were superb!
Varun Gawarikar
from Manama
12 years ago

Does that mean indiblogger screens the posts for judges first ?

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Yeah. This was a good contest. Irrespective of the results, enjoyed writing for this. And read all the entries of people who commentes on mine. Enjoyed reading them. Will start checking out on the winning entries here after the results are announced. I am almost done with the Expedia winners. (3-4 more to go). 

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

You're right, Renie.

I remember a small discussion I had with Mr C G R Kurup, the Chief Editor at CBT, New Delhi. I had requested him to tell me if he liked my poems... had handed him a few... and after a few days when we met, he could see the question and eagerness in my eyes.

He said: 'All poems are good. There is no poem that is bad. It is just that someone may like one another may like some other.'

He later advised me: 'Never be judgemental towards a creative effort. Don't just discard creativity because it may be you who haven't understood it.'

I, therefore, agree that all creative effort is good... it is only the sensibilities of the judges as well as the primary aim of the sponsor of a contest here on indiblogger that gives us a few entries marked as 'winners'... 

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
12 years ago

Bad news folks... apparently we're the only people working today... I had no idea it was a holiday! So there is no chance of the winner list coming out today, and tomorrow is Good Friday, so we don't think the results will come out anytime before Monday. Frown

Sorry!

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Cry

Thats AlrightTongue out

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago

*Sigh*

More wait...

hope the fruits of patience are sweet this time...

Someone is Special
from Bangalore
12 years ago

"Life teaches you the meaning of patience when you want something to happen the next second!" :-)

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Renie wrote: "...apparently we're the only people working today... I had no idea it was a holiday!" The first thought that crossed my mind was: There is no holiday for a blogger too. A good idea worth writing about can strike any time, anywhere. I can be reading the newspaper in the morning and find a quote or a headline staring at me as if saying: 'Write about me!' Or I can be in a Mall deciding on whether to eat there or go home and save my body from some more junk food and may become restless on seeing a large family of FHBs (Fat Human Beings) happily digging theit teeth into juicy pieces of chicken OR a trigger could be a simple mis-spelling somewhere... whatever be the cause, a blogger is never supposed to be on a 'holiday'. I like this the best thing about being a blogger! :)

Would love to have your opinion on why YOU like being a blogger?

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
A Blogger is never supposed to be on a holiday?? Dont agree with it. Bloggers do need to take breaks many times to refresh.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Or a blogger is always on a holiday. He can never work unless he choses to.

blogging is gaming, not work, if it was work, I wouldn't be doing it, I am born to enjoy life.

Arvind Passey
Arvind Passey
from Delhi
12 years ago

Fully agree with Pramod ji... when you 'enjoy' doing something, it doesn't remain a 'chore'...

@DS... 'breaks to refresh' surely don't mean an inactive mind and dulled perceptions! :)

@The Fool... I love that, yes... life indeed is one big holiday for a 'serious' blogger. 

DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sometimes its good to give your mind a break too!!! Anyways its my perception.
DS
DS
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Renie, can we expect the results to be out today?
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I think not. I can't imagine people coming in after a long weekend and taking up this approval as the first approval. If I know how people work on corporate world, they make take till Wednesday I think and then Indi will take till evening to publish.

Pooja Pradeep
from Bangalore
12 years ago

lolTongue out. Don't EXPECTYellCool

Ashwini
Ashwini
from Pune
12 years ago

@The Fool.... Good observation!! lol Laughing... Most probably the results should be out by this weekend.. anxious for results but participating was fun!!

Anuradha Khanna
Anuradha Khanna
from Mumbai
12 years ago

@The Fool - Amazing logic, so true! Your username should be The Genius Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread