Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago
Replies 141 to 160 of 169 Descending
Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

We've asked the Five Star team to shed some light on the judging process and parameters - hopefully they'll send us something soon, which we can share with you all!

DS
from Mumbai
9 years ago
Eagerly awaiting their explanation!!
Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

This will be interesting. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

This reminds me of the Samsung tab contest. Tongue out

Mayura Rao
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Why did IB not intervene like in the colgate contest before announcing the results, after going through so many thoughts here i read the winning entry and was acutely shocked, I had read some great humourous posts which were perfect ad material but was really pained to know none of those posts made it, I wish there was a reevaluation since we bloggers expect and believe that IB is different from many other platforms.

Me too !!!! 

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

@The Fool : Haha...so you mean to say we cannot inquire the administrators about such happenings? If we are participating in contests so enthusiastically and the results are such as this one I am sure many of us cannotSealed

@Renie: Thanks much Renie for that much wanted update, hope they come up with something believableCool

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

May you and I win now Raksha Wink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Impossible! Tongue out

Why wilt thou ever scare me with thy tears,

And make me tremble lest a saying learnt,

In days far-off, on that dark earth, be true?

'The Gods themselves cannot recall their gifts.'

- Tithonus

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
9 years ago

iska kya meaning hai aur relation hai with my and Raksha's winning

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

It means that changing results is impossible! Tongue out

Gaurab
from New Delhi
9 years ago

I don't think it is the change they have asked for Wink...they have been asked to tell the parameters with which they have judged Tongue out 

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Haha...when participation itself makes the least sense in such contests...winning is worse than not getting appreciated..its better not to make it to the list! Cool

Ranjith quoting Lord Tennyson!!!! Surprised Dil khush subah subah!!! Smile

Waise Ranjith, from reading geeky stuff, how did you chance upon this greeky stuff?Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I don't know who Lord Tennyson is Tongue out

We had this poem in our class 10. I loved the theme of the poem a lot. Smile

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Waiting Cool

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Me too, Raksha. For reasons I have stated in my response to you, I believe it is not possible to get a satisfactory response to these kind of issues. Hope Renie proves me wrong.

Are there going to be more prizes? Corrections?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
9 years ago

i think its about the Q raksha asked and renie replied

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

So is this worth the wait, anything positive from the Five Star team or an another three months?Cool

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Why are these questions kept unanswered?

New contest ...new threads....new discussions all fine....but unless we know what happened to issues such as these how to trust this blogging forum ?

Can I as a member be assured this wouldn't happen again? Frown

disha kotak
from mumbai
9 years ago

Lets look alive people,

Am glad you bought it up. 

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

I shall keep on asking until I get a believable answer here Smile Its been months now ! I don't know what more reasons can anyone come up with! Indiblogger is where I find people like me, in fact those who are more enthusiastic about bloggingCool We may not participate and win all contests, thats secondary. Blogging is not just about that. The amount of time and heart each one of us puts into our posts, well what more do I say I wish someone sees that beyond creating threads or discussing the prizes here and thinks we all deserve an acceptable reply ! Does anyone, ANY ONE agree? Frown

Geeta Nair
from Manjeri
9 years ago

Agree Raksha. Most threads seem to die away after some time. The wait for a convincing reply has been toooo....... long. Another one is regarding the sunsilk recharge contest. The results were declared months back but after that there is no news about the despatch of prizes and award of the promised vouchers to the winners. Queries regarding the same continue to be unanswered. 

Considering the amount of energy & effort we put in to our posts, the least we can expect is a prompt response to our queries.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Raksha and everyone else - I'm very sorry for the long delay on this. Frown

I know that Nihal chased after Five Star soon after my last update, and I need to check with him sometime tomorrow when we're both awake at the same time. My fault for not following up, and this thread will remain sticky until resolved, or at the very least, answered sans ambiguity.

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Thanks Renie! We are waiting...hope the other issues what Geeta mentioned too get resolved Cool

Bhavana Lalwani
Bhavana Lalwani
from Jodhpur
9 years ago

yes waiting .. we all need to know .. why and how ???

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

@Renie : Its been a good 5 days and months before that, any updates? Smile

Me too , waiting...it was a pain to read through some of the winning posts... sorry to say.. Undecided

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

I have lost hopes. Nobody attends to a simple query here, whats the point of a FORUM ??? Frown

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Hey Raksha, we're still talking to them - like I said, this topic will remain sticky until we have a proper update. Nihal spoke to them just yesterday, hopefully they'll give us an answer soon. Please give us a few days.

Raksha Bhat
Raksha Bhat
from Bengaluru
9 years ago

Okay Renie. I hope there is some genuine explanation soon for the participant's sake Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

There's a tiny update on this situation within IndiStatus - we're still working on this, this is just an update to let you all know that we haven't forgotten!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

I hope that 5 star doesn't do something stupid like taking back the prizes from the winners Surprised or saying that due to some error, unworthy entries have won. Undecided

TechChumz
from Bangalore
9 years ago

Cheers to that! I don't think Indiblogger will allow that. The winners are innocent.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

Who knows? Surprised kuch bhi ho sakta hai is kalyug mein Cry

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
9 years ago

I can understand your wrath.Wink 

Even in case concerned sponsor have done that so-called stupid thing, do u think that sponsor is having ample time to frequent this place and read your comment ?

what if someone else has done that so-called stupid thing ? Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
9 years ago

do u think that sponsor is having ample time to frequent this place and read your comment ?

I also hope the sponsor doesn't have the time to comment on the parameters used for judging in this contest or for replying to IndiTeam's queries Undecided

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
9 years ago

Looks like someone in the agency was giving us the run-around. We just found out that his bosses and the brand head had no idea of the situation.  In the end, everything we wanted came to be within hours of the right people knowing about it!

Here's the response from 5 Star:

--------------------------------

Hello bloggers,First of all thank you for an overwhelming response.And apologies for the late reply.  Now before the condition becomes even more serious, here’s the story behind the judging process. - Content of the entry was given maximum importance- A team of 8 read through all the entries before shortlisting the funniest ones- We then selected top 5. It was based on the content, the story and the humour. There was no other bias.- Since the brand is against Seriousness, minor glitches like typos and grammar errors were overlooked. We looked at the positives. And yes, we even let go of the fact that one of the winners did not share a link to our Facebook Page. (Damn!)  We understand that everyone has put in a lot of efforts, but in the end we had to select only 5.Folks, don’t lose hope.Keep telling wonderful stories. Keep blogging!

--------------------------------

LockSign in to reply to this thread