WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Who's in the mood to get creative? Smile We've got a new contest up, with some drool-worthy prizes. Let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=81

I'm betting Ranjith has already created a thread on this contest by now. Laughing

Replies 141 to 160 of 382 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

404 entries! The contest with the highest number of entries till date! Innocent

They should give all participants a ( surprise ) gift. Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i think many posted many entries, thats why such huge count....i myself posted 2Laughing organizers will have tough time reading so manyTongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

They should have submitted those many entries for the ITC contest - they would have at least got combo packs. Tongue out

Now, let me count how many people participated. Cool

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ah those combos *mouth waters*...think i'll write few more entries for that oneMoney mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Even me Money mouth

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

@Ranjith, agreed that all participants should get a prize. Something like a nice participation certificate that is available online. ;-)

Just Kidding okkk.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I thought I had submitted my entry too late - at around 10:30 pm and I'm surprised to see that 58 people submitted their entries after me. Surprised

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

I submitted mine a little after 11.57 because that is when I finished writing it and still at least ten more entries were submitted after mine.

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

One doubt I always get about contests is if there is no importance of votes why not remove the feature during contessts and just let the posts come in the order they are uploaded - like FCFS Sealed

It feels WEIRD to see and dig posts with 0 votes. NONE Is going to read them !

Its high time people read / not read rather than just giving a red heart and uplifting the post Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Every thing has an associated problem.

let the posts come in the order they are uploaded 

If the posts submitted first appear on the first page, then as soon as the contest is announced people will rush  to submit their entries and edit it before the deadline. If latest entries are shown first, people will submit at the end.

The current one seems alright - Allow voting only after the close of the contest. In this way, posts submitted first will not receive any undue advantage.

But, I feel that the random posts thing was better. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i've seen entries with very few votes win contests, so votes doesnt matter

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Nandini That is why these days I'm praying to God that too many people shouldn't vote for me. Sealed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ranjith....votes may not win u contests but it does helps in ur blog getting exposure....and lots of hits

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Agreed. Some of the contests gave me 200-300 visits and even today IB is my top traffic source. Smile

But, I prefer prizes over exposure. Money mouth

Ranjith you should have said before,  I would not have voted. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Rio Keep voting Smile

I like to receive votes from the people I know. Wink

... and I also want the prizes. Money mouth

Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

people are feeling entries are lost like I am feeling may be due to votes :) Please check in the end . Due to 0 votes may be they are submerged

Honestly I feel contests dont need votes if there is no link to votes coz THE Only reason is rest all get submerged badly. None digs them out SealedUndecided

Shalini Digvijay
Shalini Digvijay
from Mumbai
10 years ago

hey...I posted A link to my blogpost yesterday evening...sob but I cant see it on the contest page...........why?????????????????

http://baketitude.blogspot.in/2013/06/we-love-we-chat-with-anyoneanywhere-no.html

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You're entry has been submitted successfully.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Here is some information : Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

me posted 2....both are lost in oblivion at the moment, cant find themInnocent

Great presentation dude

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks! Smile

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I posted 4. No one else. YAY!But 14? That's some determination Surprised 

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Ranjith, hats off to you. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Smile

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

14 entries Surprised now that's some determination. One entry took everything out of me. 

PS-- Good job Ranjith.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Smile

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey does the length of the post matters. Mine is rather lengthy and I don't know if anyone will even read it Undecided

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I always felt that lengthy posts manage to impress the judges ( provided they are not boring )

... But sometimes, short and to-the-point entries win. Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@Ankita, 3617 words! Surprised

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith I know, Once I started, I just couldn't stop. then Viola Surprised. Now I have nooooo clue what to do!! 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... And I've read the entire story - yes - all the 3617 wprds in just 13 minutes. Wink

Only, after reading your post, I came to know that files ( doc, excel.. ) can be sent via WeChat. Sealed

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Those files were encrypted.. :D. Thanks atleast someone read it :D

Stephen
from Raleigh
10 years ago
14 posts. Whoz that guy/girl? :o
Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Whoa!!! Someone wrote 14 entries? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes! Surprised

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Surprised

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

From where did you get these stats? Did you make it? :P

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Don't you think that you can visit all the 41 pages of the IndiVine contest which lists the submitted entries and note down the bloggers names and see how many posts each blogger submitted. Tongue out

Anyway, I have done it programmatically.  Sealed

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I don't know what 'programmatically' means. I am a little technologically challenged Laughing

And doing it manually is too much of a bother. Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

programmatically = writing a program ( Java ) - Since the tasks to be done are repetitive ( you do the same set of things - Visit each of the 41 pages, look at the names of the 10 bloggers, if they are already in your list, add 1 to the number of entries submitted by them else add their name to the existing list ) - you can write a program for it.

For ex : The IndiRanks are also given by a program and not by humans. The IndiRank program will be much bigger and complicated while the program which generated the above stats was a small and simple program.

Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats why he is forum king...others wouldnt even bother counting

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing .

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@R:Would u throw more light on it. curious to know how data was feeded? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think that if I start a blog describing my experiments IB, it will become a very popular one. Cool

@ Avadhoot Add me to your network. I'll send you the program that I have written for it.

If I start explaining those things here, others will surely kill me. Sealed

Shaumik Daityari
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith- I prefer Python and Beautiful Soup. Java too long syntax :P

Khushboo Motihar
Khushboo Motihar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith Thanks Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile .

Saurav Biswas
Saurav Biswas
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I'd like to bring up the topic of editing posts after submitting, once again... since I've got a handful of doubts about it...

Is editing clearly allowed, so that we get a chance to correct our grammatical errors or stuff like that, if any?

And if it's allowed, then as we have seen, some people might just submit a half-post and edit it later in their leisure. Doesn't that make the whole concept of a 'last date for submission' pointless? And, Indiblogger checks our posts for plagiarism and profanity when we post it to Indivine. If editing indeed is allowed, then doesn't it make the plagiarism/profanity check pointless too?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Since that's your blog, you can do whatever you want - edit, submit half-completed posts...

BUT The page mentions that the deadline is 15th June. So,

• The judges may visit your blog at any time ( even on 16th June ) and if you edit it on 17th June, add pictures, improve the content.... thinking that judging has not yet started, then you are at a loss - all the additional effort goes it vain. You can't blame IndiBlogger for it.
  • It may also be the case that some program takes snapshots of the blog posts immediately after the close of the contest ( which is highly unlikely given the complexity of the task ) In this case, deadline is the strict deadline.

Coming to plagiarism/profanity check - who said IB checks for them? All posts submitted to IndiVine are accepted as they are as long as the submitted URL exists, and points to a blog which you have registered with IndiBlogger. If someone complains of any IndiVine post through mail, appropriate action is taken.

For contest, checking for plagiarism occurs either before the judges start reading ( and / or ) just before the declaration of results - to ensure that the winning entries are not plagiarised ones.

Note : you in my reply doesn't mean Saurav. Wink

Saurav Biswas
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Ranjith

Hmmm... but the judges definitely don't check every post on the first day, right? So, in that case, (especially in contests nowadays, where the prizes up for grabs are not of a small value) wouldn't it be great if Indiblogger came up with a clear rule about its policy - if it indeed has a snapshot system or not - and if it doesn't (which is most likely) then how about there being a program that'd periodically go through  all the contest entries - say every 24 hours - and check if there have been any deviations from the originally submitted entry, and disqualify the changed ones immediately? What's your view on this?

Oh, i didn't know that :D so you mean the 'Indivine strips out swear words from your submission' that IB mentions in its list of error codes refers only to the title and description, and not the whole post? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What's your view on this?

I am almost neutral. But the question is what is the need to ensure that people don't edit their entries? 

you mean the 'Indivine strips out swear words from your submission' that IB mentions in its list of error codes refers only to the title and description, and not the whole post? 

Yes.

Saurav Biswas
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

I feel there's a need to do it only to ensure a level playing field for everyone. Since it's possible that the judges might read A's post on the first day and B's post a week later, by when B could've edited his/her post and made it much more attractive while A would be deprived of the same benefit, a no-editing rule can check this from happening... 

And thanks a lot for the info!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

On a lighter note, this reminds me of the complaint that those students whose names appear first in the attendance list get less time to prepare for presentations. Wink

Now, it is Renie who will decide whether or not this do-not-edit-after-submitting policy should be implemented. And I'm sure that they won't do it very soon given its complexity and the number of tasks lined up in their to-do list. Sealed

R-A-J
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Saurav, my 2p - edit ur content for posterity; not for the contest :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

2p = 2 paise Innocent

I thought that people always use the expression '2 cents'. Tongue out

Saurav Biswas
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@Ranjith Hahahaha... yeah it does Laughing and with the number of questions I put in my first query ^up there, i thought i was sounding a bit like arnab goswami Tongue out

@R-A-J Haha i guess i'll be doing just that Tongue out

R-A-J
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Sharp eye u have there my friend :)

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I too managed to take part in an Indicontest after a considerable gap. Submitted 3 entries altogether. Hope I have not compromised on quality!! I have little or no hope of winning though considering my past records.
Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Ever bought mutual funds? Innocent

Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.Wink
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

@Avadhoot, in mutual funds it mostly means downward revision though. :P

Here you are implying an upward one. So....

DS you never know what line hits the brain chord of judges.
Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

@MB:Good point.

See, what and why, they convey us and where and How, we use that !Wink

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Lets see what happens. I dont think I will win anything though. Still happy since I at least updated my blog.
Shaonli
Shaonli
from Jaipur
10 years ago

This was my first submission ever on indiblogger for a competition.

And I was quite happy with what i wrote...Till I saw the mindboggling number of bloggers who posted brilliant, creative posts! 

This forum is definitely one of the better things happening to Indian cyberspace. :)

Afshan
Afshan
from Bangalore
10 years ago

people are feeling entries are lost like I am feeling may be due to votes :) Please check in the end . Due to 0 votes may be they are submerged

Honestly I feel contests dont need votes if there is no link to votes coz THE Only reason is rest all get submerged badly. None digs them out

Nice concept penned.
Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Mine is also buried in the deep ocean Frown

I don't know when it will see the sunsine...

Nice post contemplated akash.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ RIO But you know, this type of post always bite the dust. Peple appreciate, but never choose for top slots Cry

Thanks bro.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

my one entry saw bit of sunshine, the other one is still deeply burried somewhere, even i dunno where it is in indivine Undecided

vaisakhi mishra
from thane
10 years ago

same here my last minute post saw a bit of sunshine the other two are lost in the deep "green" sea...Cry

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I just submitted one post...was too lazy to even contemplate the second one..Laughing

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You can submit any number of posts now Cool But the only problem is - They (IB) will not accept Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You can submit any number of posts now 

You can't submit now. The Submit link has been removed. Tongue outWink

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Okk...

Kamlesh Parikarath
Kamlesh Parikarath
from Bangalore
10 years ago

hmmmmph .. was quite exhausting to come up with something interesting for this one.. a toughie .. was racing against time to submit it before 11:59 pm yest .. finally did it by 11:50 pm .. 

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

This is disgusting! Now that i actually went through the entries, i see that SOOO MANY people who submitted on the last date have copied me!!! 

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Brusha I checked yours, Its good. Even if they copied, I am sure they won't be hitting the nail. Wink

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

copy in what sense...full content or something else????  i get dizzy when i see so many participants so not reading much entries, just read few in the first page ...and yawned away lol...

vaisakhi mishra
from thane
10 years ago

@brusha i read your post in the morning...and its amazing...so dont worry even if people have copied your idea they wont be as good as urs..:)

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

content+characters+the theme of the post! From A-Z everything!

Thats why I had waited to post my take for 15th. And I mistook 14 for 15th. My bad luck or good luck maybe. THOUGH I never won any sizeable prize but I always think very highly of my write ups

"And thou shall savor only abyss and darkness if you were submitted well before time"

- IndiVine to posts made for this contest

I mean what could be the logic behind removing the random sorter ? One post of mine, one that I submitted in the eleventh hour, is witnessing some daylight but the other one seems to have lost its very veracity in this vast ocean.Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

we are sailing the same boat....Laughing

Tushar Kumar Singh
from Delhi,Mumbai
10 years ago

Surprisingly, the random sorter has been deployed now. Boy, that was quick. Thanks inditeam for not letting our imploring go in vain. Laughing

Yo now seeing random sorted page. Great

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Well... I would say this is disheartening to see that even the pattern of my post in http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=246168 has been copied in a few submissions.

Nothing to say.

I see wonderful post with supe graphics.  Rock dude

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

G8 IB ! There comes the "Random Posts TAB" Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread