Ambi Pur "Smelly To Smiley!" contest!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

New contest folks! We're trying out a new format of the prizes this time - only vouchers, so you can buy whatever you want! Smile

http://www.indiblogger.in/topic.php?topic=85

Replies 161 to 180 of 243 Descending
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Will this contest be extended further? Please give us an update asap...Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

smiley contest got over long back...are u asking the review one?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Yes #extend. SmileTongue out

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes ND, ofcourse yaar...Innocent

Ranjith-oy, no extend vextendInnocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why Bushra? You completed your review? Undecided

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes Ranjith...LONG back! It's getting bored in the draft modeEmbarassedFoot in mouth

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I submitted my Vent Clip review entry on the previous 'last date'- September 30th. While submitting I was 4 minutes late & thus the date on my Post is- 1 October 2013.

As the contest was extended, I reverted it to Draft later on 1 October.

My Query-

A) Can I change my Post's Date to today's Date & then get it republished today?

B) But, even if I undertake the above step, will my Post reflect amongst the 'Latest' Posts? (Or as I have already submitted my Post for the contest earlier, my Post's status in IB will continue to be- 10-days old?)

Getting Votes for Older Posts is a point of concern as the said Posts are relegated & risk getting ignored!

It makes sense to be absolutely sure about the last date before 'Publishing' & 'Submitting' Posts.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

if u submitted already...how will u change date...ur entry will already be there under hidden entries right?

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I made some formatting changes & resized pics & there was automatic Date change!

Strangely, when I tried submitting it last night yet again, it was accepted. UndecidedI should have got an error that the Post is active already...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

maybe date change...changes the url too..thats why it got accepted...ur previous entry might show as 404 not found when they show the links in indivine later

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

But the post's URL is the same! No change in that! InnocentClueless!  

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

thats weird..but i guess since the previous post was in oct too the month in the url didnt change, if it was in sept then perhaps it'd have changed...not sure though

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

@Nandini, That's true! I thought of re-submitting my Post yet again to test it. But, don't want my Post 3 times!

Shalini Digvijay
Shalini Digvijay
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Is this review contest still on.....I have just come out of hibernation. ...

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Yes! Today is the Last Date for the Vent Clip Review.

The Home Range one is still on (last date not known)

Shalini Digvijay
Shalini Digvijay
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Can someone post a link to the place to submit the entries to this contest....I can't seem to find it..

sweta tiwary
from bangalore
10 years ago

For Vent clip:http://www.indiblogger.in/indistuff/5/

For home range: http://www.indiblogger.in/indistuff/6/

Hope this will help you Shalini :)

Ekta Khetan
Ekta Khetan
from Mumbai
10 years ago

That's terrible...I never knew about this home range sample page? Renie...that indistuff tab is hidden for me it seems...and this reliance? 

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Y are they still accepting entries ? 

Do I live in a a different time zone ?

disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Really , is it just me ? 

Its still on , am I I missing something here ??

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

yea its still on...maybe they forgot to close it

Shaivi
Shaivi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The last date still shows Oct 10, yet the link is open to accept entries...:(

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Yes, Saw that the submission-link is still open now...

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Apparently, the link is still working 20 hours after it was supposed to stop. Kudos to liberation from rules! (unfortunately that's unfair to the people who followed them). Anyways....

Just a thought - either play by the rules or don't call it a "contest." Innocent

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

many people didnt get the vent...so maybe they are still waiting for entriesInnocentCool

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Well, then there should be a confirmation mechanism and an enforced cutoff. Maybe, declare the closing date as 1 month from the date when approximately 90-95% of the people have received their item. The courier company should have the stats. There would certainly be some people who would be unlucky enough to miss out on the item even after it being dispatched (stolen on the way, perhaps). We need a declared system; not ad-hoc extensions. It kills the competitive spirit.

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Arindam , couldn't agree more with you .

If people are so keen on reviewing the product , y wait for it to arrive , just buy it man ! Not fair to the others ... 

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

I agree with Disha & Arindam.

As the last date for applying for the product was over, I bought them to take part.

If there's a last date for applying for product & also for submitting Post, there should be a last date for Result declaration too! Innocent

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

The entries are not visible even today.... I am really not happy with this contest. Dunno why, these days I am really loosing the spirit to participate in IB contests.... Unpronounced extensions, late results, and entries not getting displayed.... IB contests used be so much fun a few months back, but now they have become a real hideous affair!

This is so discouraging Renie sir!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

even in sunsilk review contest there was delay....in anycase..its their contest they have right to make changes if they want

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
They certainly retain the right to delay or make changes, but all things must bow to basic decorum. They can run their show any which way they please. But we retain the right not to "play along" or remain mute spectators. Ad-hoc extensions are really "unprofessional." Extensions amount to a bias towards to late entrants and against the people who play by the stated rules. What kind of an affair is that? Not a "contest" - that's for sure. And about the the delays in publishing results of certain contests - same rules of basic decency apply. What happened in the Colgate contest was very unprofessional. Sorry to be so blunt.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

how is it bias to late entrants?....FYI a review contest is not like other contests i think...cos its for marketing the product too...so they'd like to take in whoever applied..( many people take the samples but donot write the review too i guess )//////////////cant comment on the colgate thing as i dunno what exactly caused the delay.

Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Nandini- If only the review of products qualify as "marketing" in your terms, why do you add a link to the product website at the end of your contest related post eg "Smelly to smiley" ? There is a fundamental conceptual error here :) Nevermind. When there's a contest of deadline, it should be both ways- participants and organizers. That's all I can say! Sealed

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Whatever caused the delay in Colgate is less relevant. The delay itself was the problem. People submitted entries on time but results didn't come on time stated. Any contest where people have a chance to win something, has to have a deadline. If people who got their samples really wanted to submit a review, they still can. If they liked what they got, then they should write a review. But missing the deadline should mean missing out on prizes. It's called a contest for something. IB is free to run contests that remain open for months. But it should be mentioned from before. Again, they retain the right to change the rules; we retain the right to oppose.
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

sammya..both are marketing..but in review u also have the product sample in ur hand so makes it slightly different...

Arindam Sarkar
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Exactly. People who got there samples should be professional enough to write a review. If not, then they shouldn't take the freebie. I personally wrote reviews to all the stuff I received (barring one item which gave me an allergy - I didn't want to be rude). But a contest should be a real contest.
Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Surprised C'mon Renie Sir! Please make the entries visible atleast now... I want to promote my post!CryFrown

I have not recieved my sample so far and entries stands closed. Please extend the dateCry

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Shetty, they are still accepting entriesInnocent Write an imaginary post and submit it here phataphat!Smile

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Entries CLOSED finally!

"The Results will be announced shortly."

Fingers and toes crossed! All the best to everyone! :)

disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Nope , still alive n kickin ! 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

cant see the entries though :s

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Anita, which page are you talking about yaar?Innocent Even I can't see the entries...

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

actually its still open..i clicked the thank you notice it took me to submit page :o http://www.indiblogger.in/indistuff_submit.php?id=5

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

You are right! Yes indeed! People can still submit entries after clicking on the 'ThankYou' notice! Smile

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I feel they should atleast change that phoney date which says 'October 10'! It will save us from going and checking out that page again and again like an idiot!

disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

:p agree !

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

that message is now replaced by THANK YOU , THE RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY.....but on clicking it still took me to submission page

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

The last date is no where in the picture here now. Innocent

But, wish our entries are no longer hidden! Smile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I can't see my entry in 'my indivine posts'. That means, the entries are still hidden!

Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Yes, waiting for Smileur entries to be visible...

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Dunno why I am fussing so much over this contest. I used to always be that smiling 'never mind' kind of girlCry Uff ye mood swings...Innocent

I am happy with my entry for this contest. Atleast that makes me smileSmile I LOVED the vent clip! I have never smelt something so amazing! THANK YOU Indiblogger for these AWESOME oppurtunities. Whatever the case, you always ROCK!CoolSmile

I'll try taking things more lightly from next time... Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

its better not to take these things very seriously...it will keep blood pressure cool and avoid heart attacks tooSmile

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

'heart attacks'Surprised: lol!Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

tension + stress = fussing about =  can cause heart attacksTongue out

Sammya Brata
Sammya Brata
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Smelly to smiley

R-E-S-U-L-T-S ?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

waitTongue out 2-3 months

Shaivi
Shaivi
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Can someone update me when is the last date for the Ambi Pur home range contest? The link given above by Sweta doesnt mention any last date!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

no one has that link

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

For everyone who is wondering whats the reason behind all this crazy of eternity extensions and disappearance of the post , 

Well i come barring answers,

Had been to the indiblogger office to cure my curiosity and guess what I found , 

All the employees were busy with the diwali cleaning in the office so no one had time  to update us on the results or the mini vent drama , 

So guys cut them some slak , 

Am sure once they are done they will get back to us with answers , 

Btw Mr Ravin sends his love and an open invitation to give him a hand at the office , those interested can email him a picture of your closet ( just to gauge  your organisational skill )

he needs all the help he can get ,

Come forward and help ! 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

you were so curious...you actually went to their office to find out the reason behind vent clips entries not showing up?SurprisedInnocent

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Really nandini ? Do you even need to ask my that ?? 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

anybody would be surprised if thats the reason

disha kotak
disha kotak
from mumbai
10 years ago

Dont work your self up girl ! 

It was just a sarcastic joke , sorry you didn't get that ,

Btw  hv no clue in which part of the world dose the office exist !! 

So relax sweetheart ,  thanks for your concern though !

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

lol...you wrote very convincingly...for a while i did wonder renie lives in chennai how come hes sending his love from bombay office....anyways okie i'll relax now

Anita
Anita
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Now that the Dussehra holidays are over, I hoped to find my Mini Vent Clip entry in 'My IndiVine Posts' today... Innocent

Q1- Why aren't our entries visible as yet?

Q2- Why does clicking on 'THANK YOU! THE RESULTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY' still take us to the 'Submit your post for "Ambi Pur Mini Vent Clip"' page?

Dear IB Team, waiting for the answers...

LockSign in to reply to this thread