Pappu would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://pappuisms.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 25

Plees check my blog!!! It is feeling lonely :(

Pappu
Pappu
from Some city in India
12 years ago

It has been days and I have written a score or so of posts. 

My blog is sexy! My blog is interesting! Or so I would like to think. But no amount of positive thinking can beat some good feedback from highly esteemed peepal like you. My blog has been sitting all alone and nobody's reading it. As fellow bloggers, I am sure you would understand the agony of an unread blog.

So I leave my baby at your mercy. Please give it good feedback. Bad feedback is also welcome, but I urge you to be kind. My baby after all, no. Plees check my blog. Tum ek feedback doge, voh dus lakh dega.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7
Pappu
Pappu
from Some city in India
12 years ago

*phusssssssssssss*

Ishita
Ishita
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi,

Pappuism is good, your articles are interesting and good to read.

Layout is good. Keep blogging

Visit my website - http://www.investmentbazar.com

Ishita Sharma

Seethalakshmi K R
Seethalakshmi K R
from Chennai
12 years ago
Pappu
from Some city in India
12 years ago

I like it when women review my blog. Innocent

Pappu
Pappu
from Some city in India
12 years ago

That's it? Bah!Yell

Seethalakshmi K R
Seethalakshmi K R
from Chennai
12 years ago

yeah thats it...! Ha..!

Shezah
Shezah
from Delhi
12 years ago

Just saw this, hope you're not too disheartened by the limited feedback because I honestly think you're blogs got potential. Erm, but bear with me, because I'm going to give feedback on the negative bits first-

So first of all about your writing, Overall I think - HOLY HELL WHAT IS UP WITH THAT GREEN? 

This is exactly how a visitor coming to your blog would react. The colours you've chosen are SO in-your-face striking that for a moment people are too blinded to read. And that's especially bad on the internet because you've got serious competition. You've got facebook, The Oatmeal, all those proffesional comedian blogs, You've got Amitabh Bachan tweeting about a grandson. You've got Lolcats. You've got Poonam Pandey taking a shower. (You get the picture). So basically what I'm saying is, when someone opens up your blog, you've got to ensure it looks readable and currently, it looks like a cow threw up on it.

*Okay, you can breathe now, The worst of my feedback is over *

Now, rectifying the situation. Here are the basic guidelines I follow (but of course everyone has their own style): keep it simple. For the text area, have a clean white or pale, neutral colour to ensure visibility. On the outside of the text area, use whatever colour palette or design you fancy but keep in mind that simplicity is king.

I'm not saying that you can't have a colourful blog, but try and balance it better. Here's what I do- go to ANY website who's layout or design you've admired, something you've tried to emulate and (I know this is going to sound like the stupidest advice ever) just look at it. See how they've managed to get that look - you'll usually notice if its a popular website, the design itself is very simple and it's just about getting all that fancy coding in. Next see how you can adapt that design to your blogger layout - maybe using the colour palette or something.

Okay NOW moving to the content. Overall, I think it's really good (which is why I've taken the trouble to write this post). I think your genre comes more into the 'Humour' category of everyday things and bit of politics and I enjoyed reading it. Most importantly you blog about some unique topics with your own outlook about it, and I like that. Basically, I was not bored and laughed at a lot of it, so I think you've got potential.

Stuff that I liked (and mind you this is just my personal opinion) - Pakistan to the rescue, In the end there were none, Aisa Kya Hai Iss Maggi mein, Fasting Trends - Okay, there was something I liked in all your posts. 

For example, in Pak to the rescue, what I liked was the issue, the poster, their claims and your sarcasm in the whole thing kept me reading.

In Fasting Trends, I liked the way you segregated them into Fast Fame, Fast Oblivion, etc. That was the new perspective you added to news that people already knew. And the Nigamananda guy I'd never heard of also. So yea interesting stuff there. But try and keep your posts more brief, people don't like reading too many facts (hell most people don't like reading!)

Another thing, you seem to change courses too abruptly sometimes. Like while I was reading the Maggi post, for the first two paragraphs I'm reading about the trouble in impressing the ladies and keeping fit, and all of a sudden you're eating maggi. Like I didn't see the flow there so for a moment I had to pause and go "Wait, where did that come from?". I don't know, it may just be a personal thing with me though, it would be best to get a second opinion on that (And everything I've said so far as a matter of fact)

But overall, like I said, I feel like you've got something of substance to say and you say it well, so keep saying it and I promise I'll keep reading. Well, you know, once I get used to the green :)

I'm sorry if I was harsh, but I honestly wouldn't have taken the time to say all this if I didn't thinkyour blog had some potential. As a bonus, I give you full permission to trash the hell out of my blog: http://inretort.blogspot.com/  What's water for the goose is water for the gander, or whatever that saying was!

Cheers!

Shezah
Shezah
from Delhi
12 years ago

Okay, this is the weirdest thing.... I checked your blog again on chrome (I used firefox last time) and the layout was better - as in it turned to one of the usual blogger templates and was much more pleasant and all. Erm, so forget what I said about the layout earlier... *Shuffles feet embarrassingly* But I'd still change it to make it look better, it doesn't seem to relate with the content of your posts. But you know, not an urgency anymore. 

Okay, sorry for the unnecessary long feedback above then. Oops.

Pappu
from Some city in India
12 years ago

Wow! I am actually quite glad that at least someone's reading. A pretty young lady too... very nice. Thanks a lot for reading and taking time to give feedback. 

Actually, you are right. I do tend to gravitate towards the Govinda brand color palette. And the maggi post, I didn't really know how to start, but a post is a post and it has to be posted! And you know what, you need not be apologetic at all as you are right on most counts. I was myself thinking of changing the BG but work has kept me occupied of late. 

Pappu is very, very happy. Thanks.