Rohit Kumar Singh would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://floating-expressions.blogspot.com ]

please review my newly started poetry blog ,all feedbacks on content,presentatio

Rohit Kumar Singh
Rohit Kumar Singh
from Noida
12 years ago

Its a blog on mainly on poetry and proses,mingled with life-expriences and my floating-thoughts

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
  • Grey background is not quite appealing at all. More so because black and grey are quite the same color set, and black on grey doesn't stand out. I'd recommend white.
  • Load time is a lot. Especially for that flashy header, which nevertheless is beautiful.
  • The welcome message is okay, but again, I think the color etc can be modified. I know the aim is to warrant the reader's attention and it does that, but in a little negative way too.
  • The flash image with ur blog title, I can't quite follow its use. The reader already knows the blog he is in. It'd be distracting to have that while reading, don't u feel? Same for Spongebob thing, its so close to the post that when reading, it just hits the eye...
  • Widget ordering: followers widget first, then archive. the email subscriptions wont take effect till some visitors do come by. and the total pageviews widget can be if needed placed last. On ur left sidebar, ur profile needs to be at the top. and then whatever else.
  • Content: Poetry is quite nice. You do have the talent, just needs a little development which I suppose comes with writing more. Keep an eye on spellings.. a wrong spelling at the right place also can be a turn off to some readers.

Rohit Kumar Singh
Rohit Kumar Singh
from Noida
12 years ago

Thanks Leo(Vinay) for your valuable suggestions...

1)i' considering changing the entire look and feel of the blog,facing time-crunch!

thinking of adjusting the entire theme of the blog towards plain,lonely,silent,surreal look sort of..considering plain white background..

2)Its a new blog and it needs some traffic/reader attention..most of the things are temporary and i"ll do away with...like the widget etc(its looks little kiddish,that flashy image of blog-title and spongebob thing..,but thinking of retaining the animated pic header)

3)will consider widget ordering too...

will take some suggestions from your blog..do stay connected and help me out friend

thanks!

Rohit