vaibhav would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://vaibhavvardhan.wordpress.com ] IndiRank: 36

Please have a look at my blog and posts....Negative comments are welcomed ....

vaibhav
vaibhav
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Hey people, I have a blog which is a result of my hobby and love for writing.I write whatever comes to mind or from my personal diary, where i have a collection of some poems and articles .I am not a very good writer but your support canhelp me improve my writing, so please have a look and let me know whst better i can do to improve it.

Thanks

Replies 1 to 2 of 2
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago
  • I'm all for simplicity, but this is too drab. There are more better templates on Wordpress.com that you can use I feel. The post and the sidebar blend together, so you donno which is which, usually.
  • The contact me part is well and good. Giving your e-mail out in public is not something that's good on a long run. You might get more spam than valuable comments through your mail. I think there's some sites which give u an option of contact form. If I remember, there is that feature in the WP.com widgets itself. Give it a look-through.
  • Archive, be it drop down or extended ; and the email subscription box are something most readers look for in WP.com blog. That's at the bottom of your blog. To me, that's a no-no. Get it up into the sidebar, where people can see it.
  • Categories blended with the menu bar confuses. The newbie bloggers who come by wouldn't know if they are pages, or categories. esp since the categories drop down box is also present. Same goes for the calendar, which isn't necessary. The archive does the job just fine since ur posting only twice a month or so.
  • A personal blog's content is something that's from your heart. I can't critique that, though as you say, you can improve only by writing. However, don't start out your review request by saying you aren't a good writer. Each and every writer is good. Just needs a right reader. If you writing hindi poems, another Hindi poet might say u r a very good writer, where as an English story writer might not like it as much.
vaibhav
vaibhav
from New Delhi
12 years ago

Thanx Vinay, your advice is really valuable, will try to make some change as you proposed..