Sharmada Radhakrishnan would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://sharkssurf.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 38

Request a review of my blog

Sharmada Radhakrishnan
Sharmada Radhakrishnan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi

Request your review of my blog http://sharkssurf.blogspot.com

Thanks & Rgds

Sharmada

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Adesh Sidhu
Adesh Sidhu
from Gurgaon
14 years ago

Good blog. Intersting take on doctors. 

Couple of things - Increase number of posts on main page from 2 to atleast 5-6.

Try writing some short posts. You can also break your long posts into short posts e.g. your post on customer service can become three stories.

Keep blogging.

Vinay Bavdekar
Vinay Bavdekar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

You write well. I can relate to your experience with the customer care people Smile

About the layout. The main writing section, there should be a higher contrast between the words and the background. I suggest you make the background a bit more lighter. Makes it easier to read.

And yes, as Adesh said, increase the minimum posts to atleast 5-6.

http://expresthoughts.blogspot.com

Varun
Varun
from Perth
14 years ago

Hey! 

I can see where the page gets its nice name from! lol ...interesting name for ur page! Laughing

About the page, you've kept it simple and neat. Things are at place and the page doesn't have funky widgets to distract the reader's attention. Great.

Content apt and well written. Only downside here, actually in the whole page, that I could spot is that the paragraphs are a bit bigger than the standard chunk that'd be aesthetically right. I can quote newspaper or magazine articles as a reference. THe trend you must note in them is that none of their paragraphs are more than 4-5 sentences long. With longer sentences, its even lesser than 4 at times. This helps preserve the reader's interest and would also make sure that the reader won't get lost. 

Reading the first paragraph here might have been nothing compared to the bigger one I wrote. Right? Laughing

and, looking at ur Bio, I think we share some of them - the photographer part and the ex-quizzing enthusiast part and very remotely, the hobby painter one as well. 

good to read nice posts. Keep them coming. 

Varun

do drop by my page sometime and if you like the content and layout, pl do review it as well.

Sharmada Radhakrishnan
Sharmada Radhakrishnan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

@ Aadesh,

Thanks for the pointers ... will incorporate that.. went through your blog  - was a nice read...

@ Vinay,

Thanks. Will experiment with the colours and c..  had chosen this after some experimentation..  will tweak it further.. read your blog and found the posts quite unique and informative..

@ Varun,

Thanks for the detailed review... The point of para sizes is something I will try and change consciously..  read your blog - liked the posts .. will give u my comments soon...

Vinay Bavdekar
from Mumbai
14 years ago

The layout now appears good. Nice to know that you incorporated the changes.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hey Sharmada,

Liked your blog. I can relate myself to your agony on the level of service issues I have faced. This issue does not pertain to private companies, but to all government entities as well. I am trying to get my ration card transfered from Kerala to Maharshtra for last three years. Ofcourse I dont want to pay bribe and never will, else it would have been done the same day I had submitted the form. Every time it is a new reason.

Back to your blog, as Varun said, break your content into smaller para's. May be, you can also post multiple stories.

I would suggest changing the font color to back, coz Green just gets in the eye and a bit strain on eyes since the background is green as well...

Post more posts on the landing page.

Thanks,

Hemal

Review my Blog

Sharmada Radhakrishnan
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Hi Hemal,

:) .. Thanks for the inputs.. Made some changes.. Rgds, Sharmada

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
14 years ago

dear, it looks much better now and is more readable, though basic. keep up the good work!