Deepa Duraisamy would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 36

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hello,

I have been blogging off and on for a while now but am now starting to get more serious about my writing. Would love to hear suggestions and constructive criticism! 

My personal favourites are:

http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.com/2005/01/eyes-that-said-it-all.html

http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.com/2008/10/match-made-in-heaven.html

http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.com/2011/11/and-they-came-to-my-rescue.html

http://deepa-duraisamy.blogspot.com/2011/02/making-sense-of-relationships.html

Looking forward to hearing from you all! You have no idea how much of a help this would be. I love to hear feedback from my friends too, but every friend's feedback is bound to have atleast an iota of bias. Here I can be assured I would get candid feedback!

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
12 years ago

Hi Deepa, nice blog... these are my thoughts after going through it Smile

1. Life through the lens of a Kaleidoscope.. very nice name.. Laughing
  2. It's a bit "too green" I felt. Your title and description speaks of colors, maybe it can reflect that more? Innocent
  3. You have a knack for story telling, and I do hope you planned on a sequel to that finger story. Very creepy, but I think it can be made into more than just a single short story. Very unexpected ending.UndecidedSmile
  4. I don't think a FB page for the blog is absolutely necessary at this point, but please add the followers widget at the top of your sidebar. Readers who like your posts can use it to follow, lest they miss further posts.
  5. I always like a blogroll, its a feature that's good in Blogger, not as attractive in WP.com where I blog. However, just "Blogs I love" would suffice. It's quite evident you love to follow them and read them often. Cool
  6. A little more about you, for the readers to know of... that's missing from the blog. You can put the profile widget, or like Dv/sD suggests, make a page for it. Either ways, that'd help I feel. Smile
Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hi Dv/sD and Leo!

Thank you both, for your feedback and suggestions. I have started incorporating some already into the blog. I still have to type up some more about myself and explore the Facebook Page option. I was going through your blogs and God, do you guys blog! Its nice to see how you're active on more than one blogging network. Wow, it made me feel like a Lilliput - I have only recently started to get more serious about my writing. Hopefully I'll post more often now! 

Leo, Yes, I do plan on continuing the finger story Smile Its just that I couldnt think of anything good enough then and I didnt want it to become a dampener, so I left it open ended for now - taking the risk of letting the suspense build and hopefully I'll be able to continue it well. It was fun to read yours. I am not qualified enough to talk about poetry but I liked how some of your posts were all one-liner statements (like 11) - very clear, precise, to the point and effective.

Dv/sD, kudos on your book publishing. In my eyes, that's a huge achievement! I admire people who can write detailed facts and personal information about themselves in the "About me" section. To me thats a sign of confidence. I have always been hesitant around doing that, reasons unknown to me as well. Somehow my subconscious has always stopped me from doing that. Hopefully I'll overcome that hurdle one day as well! I'll go through more of your blog and respond with feedback. Just one quick question - do you often change backgrounds? The only reason I ask is, I do like this one but I have seen this on way too many blogs. I think its a very popular choice, but it makes it too common. What do you think? Apologies if that came off rude, not my intent.

Desire v/s Destiny
from Gurgaon
12 years ago

Yes you are right , Recently i have been changing the background more often than not.

I have made this as a constant change for my blog , as and when I write a new blog which is some thing diffrent , I go with a diffrent color , 

The layout remains the same almost !!! Thanks for all your words , keep writing  , keep sharing !!! 

Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hi Deepa. you have a nice blog. The articles are very much touching and I couldn't resist giving a comment or two. Ok a few things which might make your blog more interesting for readers

• Give your popular posts in the side bar. If you feel any post the best you liked, let readers know it the same way you gave here.
  • Add linkwithin widget. This gives the similar blog posts at end of post. Atleast, I would atleast see any good post similar to post which I have read
  • Sharing buttons. I think you missed it as well.

Overall a heart touching blog with cool posts which one can spend time reading

Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Thank you for the feedback Sriram! (a little overdue from my end!). I have added the popular posts section. Also, included the sharing buttons. I am not sure how to add links within widget. Could you explain a bit if you have some time?

Deepa Duraisamy
Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Guys! I created a Facebook page for my blog. Now what widget do I use to add it to the blog? I cant seem to find anything that works :( Please help!

Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
11 years ago

hi Deepa. I just saw your blog and can easily see your fb page. Just gave a like as well. Hope everything worked well. Happy blogging

Deepa Duraisamy
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thank you Sriram :)

Sriram Raj
Sriram Raj
from Bangalore
11 years ago

You are welcome