Anupam Patra would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://anupampatracontemplates.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 40

Would love to have my blog shown a mirror. will help me to improve it

Anupam Patra
Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
12 years ago

My blog is titled "REFLECTIONS". I chose this title since my blog describes through stories and poems, various situations and events in life, mostly those which are common to all of us. Its like a ride which would let one discover the reflection of his souls and the myriad episodes of the show called "LIFE".

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Correction
1-20
21-29
Replies 1 to 20 of 29
Anupam Patra
Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
12 years ago

I sincerely thank you for your time & suggestions.

I'll confess that technology repels me.  I can't even begin to tell you how embarrasingly long it took me to even accomplish the basic look which my blog has now. But I'm working on my tech skills and I'll surely catch up in time. 

I visited your blog and went through your poem "REFLECTION". It struck me as remarkable and the narrative was superb.

I'll try to keep avid authors like you interested.

Since you liked a couple of my poems, I'd love to have u review, ofcourse at your convenience, some more of my postings.

Thanx for your first sentence. It has made my day.

Anupam 

somesh mahanty
somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

man.. u are awesome! I mean ur blog is awesome. Just 1 look and I was on hook. I subscribed to ur blog atom feed.

Keep it up! Bdw, I have a suggesion. If possible u could move ur "feeds" button to the sidebar, not have it at the bottom. It wud be easier to follow u dn.

somesh mahanty
from durgapur
12 years ago

Now u owe me a review Wink

Anupam Patra
Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
12 years ago

Dear Somesh,

I am so glad that you found time to go through my blog. I am thankful to you for your generous review of it. I have noted your suggestion. And ofcourse I will review your blog, though I honestly think, after going through your blog, that you are far ahead in time and level for me to review it. 

Anyways the most singular thing that shines out in your blog is its sense of familiarity. Its like I'm goin through somebody's personal diary. Its because of its real life contents that your blog is so easy to go through. Once one starts reading, it'd be normally dificult to stop without finishing the whole page. (It was like that for me). Brevity is also a strong point of your writing style. Be it your brief yet heart touching remembrance of "“putputu”, or your candid expressions in "Being Xaverian for a couple o' Hours", its easy to connect with your experiences.

Great work, keep it up.

Brother, to be honest, I'm not much into the whole technical aspects of blog designing. So, my friend, would you be kind to explain to me what is Blog Atom feed and how I can take it to sidebar.

Sorry !!! I'm asking for more of your time.

Anupam

Harshal
Harshal
from Ahmedabad
12 years ago

Dear Anupam,

Thanks for visiting my blog and want to become my friend. I visited your blog just take a glimse of it the title saw intersting thoughts of your writing. Right now I am busy in some different task I had to read your posts deeply by taking a time so I can understand well and got a my life reflection into mirror....Till than just jeep bloging...

Hey You can join me on facebook page too : Think Once

Happy Blogging.

Harshal Patel

(http://lovelyharshal.wordpress.com/)

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
12 years ago

thanx Harshal..awaiting your review

It's a nice blog you've got there. Wonderfully penned poems and really liked the one post that I read, "The waiter's son".

The "about me" part and the "followers" could have been rearranged to the top for convenience sake and a bit of rearranging the rest of the widgets according to their importance, coulld go a long way.

The width of the post (your template design) is short. Though it may go well with your poems, the prose and stories feel congested and hard to read.

Regards,

Indolent Insomniac

P.S I just read Being different and 

"Why is there no place where I can find someone of my race Its so hard for me to vent, is it such a big deal to be different?" Just amazing lines!

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
12 years ago

I am delighted brother and obliged to you that you took out time to visit my blog, read my posts and give me a genuine feedback.

I am glad u liked "The Waiter's Son" and "Being Different". The latter was straight from my heart.

About the templates, widgets etc., let me confess bro, that I'm not quite tech savvy hence the glitches. But I'm gonna find out ways to adopt what u have suggested. Thanx a ton

Regards,

Anupam

Oh please don't be obliged!! ;-)

And the content speaks for itself!!

And you don't have to be tech savvy...All you have to do is go to 'Design' on the top right corner, and then click on 'Layout' on the center left and then it is all drag and drop... email/IndiMail me if u need help...

Happy Blogging!! 

Sulav Shrestha
Sulav Shrestha
from Kathmandu
11 years ago

Hello Anupam,

Awesome blog with nice posts but in my opinion, white post background would look better and easier on eyes.

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hi Sulav,

Thanx for giving my blog a look and thanx for you nice suggestion. I'll definitely try it.

Regards,

Anupam

NIDHI SIHAG
NIDHI SIHAG
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Hi!

Just been through your blog. Quite honestly, I loved it for some strange aura it carries, kind of pacifying. Simple, neat and fresh.You may also add up an 'about me' section for readers are always interesting in knowing the persona of the author. But loved your blog. Keep up the good work. 

Nidhi

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hey Nidhi,

Thank You for going through my blog.  I really appreciate your encouragement.

the "About Me" section is there already. Check it out.

Regards,

Anupam

Ishita Goswami
Ishita Goswami
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Hi there!

Gone through your blog. Each of the posts are written neatly, in a crisp language, with some uniqueness in them. They actually make one think of the content for a while. I loved all your poems, a great reflection of your thoughts. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Ishita

P.S: Have a look at my blog too. :)

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hi Ishita,

Thank you for visiting my blog and telling me about it. 

Well I 've visited your blog too . I find the name of your blog quite apt .."VIBES"...It has a ring of familiarity about it. I liked your posts. You've written them in a lucid and relatable manner. I loved "The Various Reasons to Dance..", , I related to it because I have the exact same thoughts about dancing. I was touched by "Love You Mom", you've poured your heart into it. Splendid. You're a pretty good writer. Keep up the good work. 

Regards,

Anupam

Ira PT
Ira PT
from India
11 years ago
Hi, Nice blog. Clear cut thoughts. The template layout can be worked on. Try some other layout design. Something to compliment the depth of your work. happy blogging, Cheers, Ira
Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hi Ira,

Thanks for going through my blog and giving your valuable feedback. I'm definitely going to incorporate what you've suggested. The only issue is that since I'm not that tech savvy, I'd find it a little hard to bring about the suggested changes.

Thanks anyways Ira

Regards,

Anupam

Ash Musings
Ash Musings
from Delhi
11 years ago

Well written blog, anupam... can i suggest the use of more pictures and shorter paragraphs? Perfect otherwise...

Cheers

A.

http://e-pinion.blogspot.in

Sushanta Kar
Sushanta Kar
from Tinsukia
11 years ago

I've visited your blog. It's nice to find one writer from Odissya. I'm going to share it among friends. I found your blog templet is wide enough. Can you make it compact a litle?

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Thank You Mr. Sushanta. I'm glad that you visited my blog & liked it. I've noted your valuable suggestion and shall surely look into it.

K.Nandagopal
K.Nandagopal
from Coimbatore
11 years ago

A very informative article containing all the relevant data about the electrion of the President of India. Thanks. I have joined your blog as a follower. Visit my blog when you find time, and I would be thankful if you leave a comment in my blog. Thanks again.

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hello Mr. Nandagopal,

What an excellent coincidence. The moment I finished reading your thought provoking article on 

Deputy Managing Director and Circulation Managing Visiting Dispatch Section 

I got the message that you've joined my blog. I'm truly honoured by your becoming a member of my humble blog. And I've already joined your blog. It was too interesting for me not to.  

Regards,

Anupam

Excellent Writing.. Just read the poem "In Lord's Light' and I am hooked..Following u on gmail too now..Simple, Elegant and deep..:)

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Thanks Hari for your generous appreciation. Even I find your works especially "The Last March of the Lion" truly inspirational. Keep up the good work. And I heartily thank you for becoming a member of 'reflections'

Jagruti Vedamati
Jagruti Vedamati
from San Francisco
11 years ago

Hi Anupam,

You have a very lovely space there! I have just read through some of your posts and must I say I have been hooked. I never knew you had such a penchant for writing. I will go through your blog more thoroughly and will post a review. I am very new to this blogging world too..and its amazing to see so much of talent out there.

Hope you remember me :)

-Jagruti

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hi Jagruti,

How are you doin' ?

Yeah I remember you, though I'd seek your pardon for having forgotten exactly how we know each other. I know that's weird. But I honestly can't remember where or through which connection we came to know each other. What I do remember clearly is that you were a student at Ravenshaw College.

Thanks for your generous appreciation of my ordinary writing.  Even I started blogging around February this year, It could be a wonderful association through Indiblogger with, as you rightly mentioned, loads of talent.

Stay in touch.

Regards,

Anupam

Jagruti Vedamati
Jagruti Vedamati
from San Francisco
11 years ago

No worries! It took me some time to recognise the association too..we met through Divjyot at her place.Hope that rings a bell.

In any case, I am following your blog so I will be updated with your posts.Keep up the good work :)

Its great to see people you know around :)

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

I remember now. Thanks for reminding. I visited your blog too. I'm mighty proud of what you're doing out there. Showcasing quintessential odia cuisines before an universal palate.

Cheers for that !!!!

Janani
Janani
from New York
11 years ago

Hi I am sorry I barget in to write in this column,I was just reading ur article abt that assam MLA it was so good so true beautiful writng sill u have there.I am planning to read ur blog everyday the way you right and the way u express in words r so good(well I have to actually run through my dictionary to understand lot of your words)you seem to be so good in words I must defintely learn a lot of new words in english from u,very inspiring site.

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Hi Janani,

Thanks for those simple yet profoundly encouraging words. I'm glad that you find my blog interesting. I would urge you to also read my poems and stories. You can get those by clicking "Stories" & "Poems" respectively. As for the words, well I'm sure with a spirit to learn, you can write many more new words than I'll ever know of.

I visited your blog "Redchilly curry" and found a lot of recipes. Yes, I'm a foodie. Though I don't eat much, but I try to eat tasty stuff. So I keep voting for your various recipe posts that yu share on Indiblogger. Thanks for sharing those.

I'd be glad if ou join my blog.

Regards,

Anupam

IMAGINEERING
IMAGINEERING
from Jamshedpur
11 years ago

Hello Anupam,

I just went through your blog and found it so very good in terms of content and creativity. The post titled 'Outraging Modesty of Women' is truly something that I would recommend all people, especially women, to go through. You write impeccably. :) 

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Thanks Aparna for stopping by my blog and giving my write ups a read. I'm deeply delighted by your kind appreciation. I would urge you to go through my other works at your leisure.

Thanks a Ton!!!

Regards,

Anupam

Sangeeta
Sangeeta
from USA
11 years ago

Hi Anupam,

wonderful writing. I enjoyed all the poems..please keep writing!

-Sangeeta

Anupam Patra
from Bhubaneswar
11 years ago

Thanks Sangeeta

Ahila
Ahila
from Coimbatore
11 years ago

anupam,

saw ur blog...good writing....always i love poems

Swathi