Barnali Biswas would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://curriesanstories.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 32

Would love to get some review comments about my food blog

Barnali Biswas
Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago
Folks, welcome to this small corner of the world which is my kitchen. I am a Bengali which by default makes me a certified connoisseur of food, but most of the time in kitchen I follow my own rules. Being poor at remembering the recipes I end up experimenting a lot with my food and still manage to keep it edible. I am a software engineer by profession and a writer at heart. I love photography and travelling. Creativity is my forte. I hate being stereotype, so this space won’t be just limited to food ideas and recipes, but a lot more about the day to day unnoticed stories that goes into making that signature dish of yours. My blog is a humble attempt to present our culinary heritage to one and all and document traditional recipes which gets passed on through generations just by word of mouth. So sit back with a cup of hot chai and enjoy your time here :). - Barnali
Replies 1 to 5 of 5
Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Wowow! I did just that - sat back with a cup of hot chai and hopped on to see what was in store and guess what... I had a mouth watering time at your curry-story box! Beautiful blog Barnali, I was happy to find all that you said above at your space. So, cheers and well done, keep at it! Smile

A few suggestions for you to consider -

• The pictures - Some look stretched in resolution while others are great. Perhaps because of the zoom or lack of focus or cropping? Dont know, but it would be wonderful if you can make that some look great too. :)
  • The Forum -
  • You have not participated at the forum. Use the forumbefore you use this widget!
    Now that you have used this widget, how about going ahead and using the forum Smile
  • Widget: Place the feedjiit right at the bottom and slide the follower widget at the top, many people would be looking out for that.

Overall, a wonderful blog Barnali. Keep blogging, and now that I have reviewed your blog - Can I place a special request for a roshogulla recipe in return Wink

Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago

Hi Aarti,

Thanks for he lovely review! After posting the request for review in Indiblogger I was impatiently waiting for someone to review my site. I do write a lot but crating a food blog is a first to me and after stepping into this arena I got to know that there are so many fabulous food writers and all about many innovative recipes.  I needed a bit of feedback to know where I stand, and your candid feedback is a big encouragement for me.

The points you have mentioned will definitely be taken care of. Thanks for the forum info I was really a bit confused why nothing is showing up there. But now I will try to take part over there

Also the pictures, yes even I know some of them really didnt turn out well and the reason is entirely me. I am too lazy to take out my DSLR out of the almirah. But today I made a swwet dish and finally got the dslr out :P Hope those pics will turn out well. Also I was just wondering, whther the browser version also is a culprit sometimes for the picture distortion. But anyway I will try to make the pics better.

Roshogolla, definitely that is in the pipeline, also since Durga Puja is around the corner hence would soon try to post a recipe of it. And moreso because its the request from the first reviewer of my blog.

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to patiently review the blog. Do keep visiting and I would look forward to more comments/suggestions/criticism/appreciation from you.

Lots of love

Barnali

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Glad that I could be of some help. Your latest dslr pictures are awesome! I hope you keep that dslr out only from now on ... and yeah, dont forget your roshogulla recipe promise. I will be waiting. Smile

Best Wishes,

~ Arti

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The formatting for the forum part went a bit awry Innocent Here, it is again -->

• The Forum Widget:
    You have not participated at the forum. Use the forum before you use this widget!
    Now that you have used this widget, how about going ahead and using the forum Smile
Barnali Biswas
Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago

Lolzzzz...lazy me....but after your inputs I am forcing myself to get my dslr out everytime. Hubby even mocked me saying oh now the sony is not enough nikon baby is out too :P. its crazy u know. I finish cooking and then scurry about the house with a platter to find the right light and background and everytime hubby laughs seeing me like that. He now knows that he wont be getting a share of any dish until im through with the photo sessions :D

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hehehehe, I just hope he is not cursing the inspiration behind all your craziness Tongue out

Barnali Biswas
Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago

:P doesnt know yet :D

Girl Cook Art
Girl Cook Art
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hey,Barnali! If I were to review your blog in 4 words,I'd say - Tomar Blog Bhalo Aache! Loving the recipes. They are well presented, tasty looking pics and the little tips in the steps of the recipe are valuable. I want to suggest 2 things though: 

1) I notice that you have a lot of material before the actual recipe. As I reader,I would normally skip that part or entirely flip onto another blog if it doesn't lead me to the recipe quick enough. A foreward is always nice but I guess people would be more interested in the recipe that an entire 5 paragraph prologue. Cut that down short and lead that to the recipe. 

2) Tease your viewers. Let them wanting more. I observed that you put your entire post onto the forefront for display which isn't bad, but there's no mystery lift. Insert a  'jumpbreak' into the blog at a point you think will make the reader click the 'read more' button and go into it.

I hope this helped. PLEASE REVIEW MY BLOG HERE - http://www.indiblogger.in/forum/review.php?id=14103

Barnali Biswas
from Pune
11 years ago

Hey nice suggestions, I really liked the second one. I always saw that jumpbreak thing while posting but never really got myself to know more about it. Thanks for letting me know what its about. I implemented on some blogs also, nice, blogs look less cluttered that way :)

Also the first point ya I agree, but u know i love to write and whenever I begin to write I just cnat seem to stop. Everytime I draw a pause forcefully so that I dont bore the readers to death :P But ya i will keep that in mind, and if i feel i need to write a lot I will dedicate a whole post to it without any recipes :P just like your blog.

I visited your blog and really liked a few blogs. unfortunatelly my office has a firewall and im allowed to only view such personal sites for 10 mins I ran out of the time, and couldnt add you to my follow list. Will definitely do that next time :)

Thanks once again!