Shekhar would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://summer-diary.blogspot.com ] IndiRank: 40

Yet Another Blog. Humor me!

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Guwahati
15 years ago

Here is a tongue-in-cheek humor blog. Kindly post your comments and suggestions.

Please pardon my template. It's supposed to be environment-friendly, and has nothing to do with my limted aesthetic abilities :P

Replies 1 to 6 of 6
How Do We Know
How Do We Know
from Gurgaon
15 years ago

i cld not even read the post! Am sure its environment friendly, but you may also want to make the template a little more reader eyes friendly. Am sure its a great blog!

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Hey - any blog that quotes from Apocalypse Now is OK in my book! But I'd opt for a more screen friendly font! Personally, white text on black background hurts my already tired eyes, especially on my high-contrast screen. To each his own, but here are a few links to see what others think about it:

http://www.blogcatalog.com/discuss/entry/white-text-on-black-background-hard-to-read

And from here:

When reversing colour out, eg white text on black, make sure you increase the leading, tracking and decrease your font-weight. This applies to all widths of Measure. White text on a black background is a higher contrast to the opposite, so the letterforms need to be wider apart, lighter in weight and have more space between the lines.

My opionion on the template in a nutshell - keep the background black, but make the text a light grey so the contrast is not so high. And change the font to Trebuchet, Verdana, Helvetica or any sans-serif font. This way, your template is still environment friendly! Smile

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Guwahati
15 years ago

@How-do-we-know : thanks.

@Renie Ravin : Really nice advice. Done the suggested changes- font color to grey, font to Verdana, increased the font size too. Thanks man!

Time for some suggestions about the blog in general :P

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
15 years ago

Wow! That was fast! Yet another blogging nightowl! Smile

Template is much better now.

Bro, you write very well. Honestly, I think you should spend a lot more time blogging and come out with a book at some point.

I would try and make the titles of posts more descriptive - or rather, more "clickable". Remember that the title of your posts turn up on Digg, Technorati and in your feed, so making them more enticing for people with short attention spans works wonders. I know of many blogs with great titles, great traffic, crappy content and therefore - no readers. You on the other hand write well, so once someone comes to your blog, there's a good chance that he/she is going to get hooked and you'll increase your fan base.

I've subscribed - and I'll be checking back every sunday when I dive into my feeds!

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Guwahati
15 years ago

Thanks Renie :)

Shekhar
Shekhar
from Guwahati
14 years ago

it's been a long time and the traffic is agonisingly low again.

can i find someone to tell me what exactly is going wrong?

http://summer-diary.blogspot.com