Kamalika Chakrabarty would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://silencesings.blogspot.com/ ] IndiRank: 36

Looking for a review on my blog

Kamalika Chakrabarty
Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

The blog is mainly about Food...But you will get reviews on restaurants, books and events....I share few experiments on photography too.....Rather I can describe it as my dairy what I confront with......

Replies 1 to 7 of 7
Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Hi Kamalika, 

Writing as I go through the blog:

1. Look and Feel : Eyecatching and good. Especially the header image, it conveys totally what the blog is all about. However, the body of the Home page looks a little cluttered. Consider cleaning it up a bit ?

2. Content: Very good. I can see that you are already an established blogger and are doing quite well. keep it up.

3. Social Media interaction: Lots of it. In fact you might need to get rid of some redundant widgets to make it look cleaner. 

4. Frequency: You are posting once a week at an average. Consider increasing the frequency ?

Overall a good blog and you are doing quite well :)

Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Hi Purnedu,

Thanks a lot for taking the time out, going through my blog and reviewing it. I would like to request you to give me some more sugggestions on point 1 and 3, whenever you have time. I really want to improve my blog. Thanks once again.

• I didnt like the theme...
  • 15" CRT cant load fullly..
  • why is everything center aligned ??
Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for reviewing my blog.

May I know about which theme you are talking about that u didn't like?

What is 15'' CRT? Sorry I have very poor knowledge on the abbreviations....

Everything is center aligned because I wanted it to look so.....

Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

15" CRTs are old monitors which were square and not like we have now. Since you are using the full width of a page, in a square monitor the alignement will not be proper. But the number of such monitors is quite less now and will go down even further. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Looking at the marquee scroll, I get a feeling that my CPU is overloaded and the text is not able to slide across the screen smoothly.

The big header image looks good.

I see that the aspect ratio of the images displayed on the home page along with post snippets is not being maintained. Change it if it is possible.

Recent posts gadget : The text in it isn't looking good enough with just one or two words on a line.

Kamalika Chakrabarty
Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your valuable suggestions.....Can you pls suggest me some site which can help me to change my blog's template???

Rohan Shankar
Rohan Shankar
from Bhubaneswar
10 years ago

Check Bttempltes! You templete width is very large, that decreases my attention. 

I have to move my eyes here and there to absorb the information.

The Big Header image is a distraction, considering the size of the texts of your menu. 

So here's my advices - Change your templte and choose proper fonts and sizes to highlight the different sections of your website.

Regards,

Rohan Shankar

Absolute Blogger

Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks Rohan...Will try to change the template...

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Do not forget to test the template for malware / adware 

Kamalika Chakrabarty
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks Purnendu...

Indrajit
Indrajit
from Delhi
10 years ago

Lots of content - and that what i liked initially. But yes as a few people said - it does look a bit cluttered. 

First suggestion - reduce the width of your header image , I guess that is what is making the site to get spread more.

2nd find a template that is "responsive" ( you might one in the standard template list of blogger too - it make the site adjust automatically depending upon the visiters screen and its resolution)

3rd - rearrange the widgets you have on side bars; put the one that interests the visitors more than the others.

And then keep on blogging !!