Clifford would like you to review his/her blog.
[ http://www.womenentrepreneursinindia.com/ ]

Introducing the WomenEntrepreneursInIndia blog.I invite your feedback.

Clifford
Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Video interviews featuring enterprising women business owners & brands all across india. Hear the guests share actionable ideas, tactics and experience to inspire & help achieve your business goals.

This initiative hopes to inspire everyday people (especially women) to pursue their dreams. The ability lies within us but we need to pair that with action.

I welcome you to view the interviews, leave comments, email me and let me know how I can improve the content to make it more valuable to you.

Looking for honesty more than 'nicety' :)

Thank you very much.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Title too long.
Replies 1 to 10 of 10
Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Nicety first - Your blog has a very professional look and feel.

Honest suggestion - 1. You may think about having a website field in the comments section, apart from name, email and comment body that you alreday have.

2. For the videos, you may want to have the transcripts or summary posted somewhere as well. Transcripts/ Summary would help the reader/viewer to skim through the material quickly to decide if spending 30-40 minutes on the video is worthwhile or not.

Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Brajadul, thank you for the feedback. Appreciate the time that you invested. Will definitely consider the website field and consult with my web dev team.

Yes, I am working on getting transcripts done. They cost a fair bit though. Looking for a cost-effective option. Do suggest if you are aware of reliable service providers. 

Thanks once again.

• Poor domain choice, hard to putin and I guess impossible to remember Tongue out
  • Excellent design..
  • Just two post ?? Ehh !!! Foot in mouth

Thanks..

Clifford
Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hello Hunky, thank you for the feedback. Appreciate the time that you invested. 

1. Ouch Smile I aim to provide high calibre content so that the website & brand becomes synonymous with great value. Might help overcome the issues you've highlighted. 

2. Thank you. It has taken a fair bit of time and customization.

3. 4 video interviews and one article uploaded actually.  

Cheers.

Your webdev team may be good and design but it seems they lack the basic knowledge about domain / hosting / administration !!!!

• A domain should contain as little letters as possible, like 3 / 4 are idle (hard to find)
  • A domain should be short and very easy to remember and put in.
  • Give your word first priority over extension as there as so many extension to chose from.

Frankly, you got a worst possible TLD Cry

About hosting

• Self hosted video in video blog is a night mare as if increase in traffic, you are doomed with huge bills or slow buffering..
  • Why not youtube ?? Advantage like, YouTube's own visitor base, chance to go viral, free hosting and fast buffering, your own channel subscriber Tongue out
  • Where is social networking integration in your website ?? Its a must and they leave it out ??
Clifford
Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey, thanks once again. I do appreciate your feedback.

You have quite the tech focus. Well, we chose what was best at the time, fully aware of the issues you raised. That said, there's no regret & no turning back now. 

I keenly await those huge bills from my hosting provider. That will mean people are appreciating my work and reaching the site irrespective of the tech niggles you pointed out Tongue out. YT and SM is a work in progress. Haven't figured out the best way forward yet.

Cheers.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Best of luck..

By the way, I am jelous Yell as I am struggling to manage the visit load as cant afford better hosting and here you are wishing more hosting bill Money mouth

Clifford
Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Hunky. 

Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Crowd sourcing to do the transcripts would be the cheapest solution I guess, provided you do not have any issue if the video gets leaked.

Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Brajadulal,

By crowdsourcing, could you please specify what exactly you are referring to?

I am looking for options.

Thank you very much.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nice blog Clifford, yep agree with Hunky and you but what is done is done.  But you have a great blog and a very good niche.  Bing hasn't indexed you yet, check that out and claim the site on Alexa as well.   

Wish you luck

Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank you Vijay. Your coments and suggestions are appreciated.

Brajadulal Patnaik
Brajadulal Patnaik
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Clifford,

Crowdsourcing is basically getting your task done by the general crowd. Typically, it is in form of a contest, where you give a monetary or non-monetary reward to one winner in the crowd who gives the best solution for your task.

In your case, you may run a contest on your website to see who can create the best transcript from your videos. Your job will be to judge the best among all submissions. The reward can be a guest post or a special mention in your blog or a book or something.  Another way to do it cheaper would be to get it done through elance.com or some such websites.

Hope I didn't confuse you Foot in mouth

Clifford
Clifford
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Brajadul, not at all. Will look into these options. Thank you so much.